• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil!! Vergil!! Vergil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Esura;185558 said:
Dude, ALL the DMC games have cliched plots so I dont know why you keep calling ONLY DMC4 cliched. Also, DMC2 didnt LACK in anything execpt length. None of them lacked in anything, its just the newer games have more stuff to it.

But lets get back to DMC2, which, if you think about it, DID not lack in much at all execpt length. 30-50% of DMC3's features was pretty much LIFTED from DMC2. DMC2 added weapon changing on the fly, it had Bloody Palace mode FIRST, and it was the first DMC game to let you PLAY with someone else (Lucia and Trish). C'mon I know it was easier and didnt feel like the first DMC, but DMC2-hate is the prime example of nostalgia bias, plain and simple. There is only two things that you can truly hate about it and that it was easier than 1 and Dante personality changed. Thats it.

Wow, this DMC3 dick riding is annoying.

I won't even try to waste my breath with someone who likes DMC2 more than DMC3.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Sparda™;185579 said:
I won't even try to waste my breath with someone who likes DMC2 more than DMC3.

Wow, thats a gay ass excuse to back out of debating me.

And thats one of the problems I have with the DMC3 dick riders like you. You all EXPECT people to auto like DMC3 above ALL. Why? Cause its harder? Cause it has VERGIIIILL? And not only you, but alot of people seem to have a problem with a few people actually LIKING DMC2. Its not even a bad game, and until you can actually convince me otherwise, I will continue to like DMC2 over 3....plain and simple.

Bah humbug!

Sparda™

Esura;185581 said:
Wow, thats a gay ass excuse to back out of debating me.

And thats one of the problems I have with the DMC3 dick riders like you. You all EXPECT people to auto like DMC3 above ALL. Why? Cause its harder? Cause it has VERGIIIILL? And not only you, but alot of people seem to have a problem with a few people actually LIKING DMC2. Its not even a bad game, and until you can actually convince me otherwise, I will continue to like DMC2 over 3....plain and simple.

Bah humbug!

That made me lol...

None is trying to convince you to like DMC3. I've spoken a lot about It. I've played that game in equal hours of gameplay like other DMC titles and has attracted me the most.

Devil May Cry 2 has bad acting, has Dante's worst character development, has a weak gameplay. Basically, Dante is exercising there by keeping a heavy sword in his back, because you don't need to use It - Ebony & Ivory wipe everything. Is set so far in the future could be as well removed from Devil May Cry's canon storyline and none would give a damn.

That's how bad Devil May Cry 2 is - worst DMC ever, with DMC4 coming second.

Esura

Sparda™;185582 said:
That made me lol...

None is trying to convince you to like DMC3. I've spoken a lot about It. I've played that game in equal hours of gameplay like other DMC titles and has attracted me the most.

Devil May Cry 2 has bad acting, has Dante's worst character development, has a weak gameplay. Basically, Dante is exercising there by keeping a heavy sword in his back, because you don't need to use It - Ebony & Ivory wipe everything. Is set so far in the future could be as well removed from Devil May Cry's canon storyline and none would give a damn.

That's how bad Devil May Cry 2 is - worst DMC ever, with DMC4 coming second.

Both DMC1 and 2 had bad acting. We all remember the infamous "LIIIIIGHT" scene in DMC1, although DMC1 was kind of so bad its good LOL.

Now Imma switch the topic since you brought up something that confirms what I said awhile back. You said DMC2 is set so far in to the future it could be as well removed...that means Dante HAS to be older than he appears...meaning that because of his half blood, Dante may have a long life span, cause Dante didnt look too much older than DMC1 Dante, just a little gruffier. And remember when everyone here said..."OH NOEWZ!!! DANTE IS ONLY IN HIS 20S!!! WHAAA!!!"

I say Dante is like 60 by the time of DMC2.

DMC2 > DMC3 :)

Sparda™

Esura;185588 said:
Both DMC1 and 2 had bad acting. We all remember the infamous "LIIIIIGHT" scene in DMC1, although DMC1 was kind of so bad its good LOL.

I was referring to DMC2, but now that you brought It up - DMC1 too - had bad acting.

Esura;185588 said:
Now Imma switch the topic since you brought up something that confirms what I said awhile back. You said DMC2 is set so far in to the future it could be as well removed...that means Dante HAS to be older than he appears...meaning that because of his half blood, Dante may have a long life span, cause Dante didnt look too much older than DMC1 Dante, just a little gruffier. And remember when everyone here said..."OH NOEWZ!!! DANTE IS ONLY IN HIS 20S!!! WHAAA!!!"

I say Dante is like 60 by the time of DMC2.

Sparda's age in human years would probably be around 3500 years old, although we know only what he did 2000 years ago. Thing is, demons' aging takes 100 human years or sad differently, a human century, per 1 demon year, as we see Sparda before his disappearance, looking like someone in his mid-to-late 30s.

Dante, being a half-breed, probably ages with 50 human years per 1 demon year. But It's not that easy.

Dante grew up like a human, ages like a human, but the devil blood running through his veins maintains a youth, stamina and other benefits which could go for hundreds of years in high levels.

Esura;185588 said:
DMC2 > DMC3 :)

Now THAT, is why I won't waste my breath.:lol:

Esura

Sparda™;185590 said:
I was referring to DMC2, but now that you brought It up - DMC1 too - had bad acting.

Sparda's age in human years would probably be around 3500 years old, although we know only what he did 2000 years ago. Thing is, demons' aging takes 100 human years or sad differently, a human century, per 1 demon year, as we see Sparda before his disappearance, looking like someone in his mid-to-late 30s.

Dante, being a half-breed, probably ages with 50 human years per 1 demon year. But It's not that easy.

Dante grew up like a human, ages like a human, but the devil blood running through his veins maintains a youth, stamina and other benefits which could go for hundreds of years in high levels.

Now THAT, is why I won't waste my breath.:lol:

I wonder would Nero have some ****ed up aging process like Dante and Sparda.

Hey Trish mode makes DMC2 auto win for me. I always wanted to play as Lady in DMC3 rather than Vergil. They better let me play as Trish/Lady/Badass Kyrie or something in DMC5.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
After I first beat DMC3 I was very impressed but at this point in time that has almost been completely burried because I am just so sick to death of people going on and on and on and on about DMC3 DMC3 DMC3 DMC3 Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil. And people who think that the whole DMC universe should be remade and shaped in the image of this truely perfect game.

Failing to find that many reasons to not like it in my earlier post I have suddenly realised that the biggest gripe I have about DMC3 is that is just rediculously overrated. It was a good game but it does not deserve to be idolized by everyone.
Maybe I also don't like it because with DMC2 I thought the series was going to be taken in a darker direction and when DMC3 totally switched the mood of the game and was a massive hit with the fans, I knew that was it for where I wanted it to go. Thats why I am placing all my hopes in Nero now, he is like the last morsel of a game nobody wants anymore.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185601 said:
After I first beat DMC3 I was very impressed but at this point in time that has almost been completely burried because I am just so sick to death of people going on and on and on and on about DMC3 DMC3 DMC3 DMC3 Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil Vergil. And people who think that the whole DMC universe should be remade and shaped in the image of this truely perfect game.

Failing to find that many reasons to not like it in my earlier post I have suddenly realised that the biggest gripe I have about DMC3 is that is just rediculously overrated. It was a good game but it does not deserve to be idolized by everyone.
Maybe I also don't like it because with DMC2 I thought the series was going to be taken in a darker direction and when DMC3 totally switched the mood of the game and was a massive hit with the fans, I knew that was it for where I wanted it to go. Thats why I am placing all my hopes in Nero now, he is like the last morsel of a game nobody wants anymore.

If you like DMC3 not for the massive fan hit It was but because you were impressed, don't let that cloud your preferences.

It's not your fault fans went mad just like that.

Esura

Sparda™;185600 said:
If Nero is Sparda's son, he'll age like Dante and Vergil do.

Yeah I assume so. However if Nero ends up being Vergil's son, Nero would prolly age somewhat normally like a human, cause the probability of Vergil hooking up with another half human half demon is very very slim. Either Vergil hooked up with a full blooded demon woman which would make Nero have more demonic blood than Dante and Vergil or Vergil would have hooked up with a human, which would make Nero have less demonic blood than Dante and Vergil.

Now that I think about this...maybe Nero would be better off being a Son of Sparda, at least he'll be a half blood like the others.

Sparda™;185600 said:

Hey, sex sells man. :lol:

Sparda™

Esura;185608 said:
Yeah I assume so. However if Nero ends up being Vergil's son, Nero would prolly age somewhat normally like a human, cause the probability of Vergil hooking up with another half human half demon is very very slim. Either Vergil hooked up with a full blooded demon woman which would make Nero have more demonic blood than Dante and Vergil or Vergil would have hooked up with a human, which would make Nero have less demonic blood than Dante and Vergil.

That of course If he'd be Vergil's son. That's why I don't want him to be Vergil's son as It would rise many questions - as Devil May Cry already has a ****load of them.

Esura;185608 said:
Now that I think about this...maybe Nero would be better off being a Son of Sparda, at least he'll be a half blood like the others.

Honestly, Nero definitely gives that half-breed look.

Esura;185608 said:
Hey, sex sells man. :lol:

Tell me about It... :lol:

Esura

Sparda™;185611 said:
That of course If he'd be Vergil's son. That's why I don't want him to be Vergil's son as It would rise many questions - as Devil May Cry already has a ****load of them.

True that, true that.

Sparda™;185611 said:
Honestly, Nero definitely gives that half-breed look.

True that, true that.

Sparda™;185611 said:
Tell me about It... :lol:

One of my main reasons for buying DOA back in the day :lol:

And what the hell is up with you constantly changing sigs?

Zato-OW

King
DMC2 introduced Bloody Palace(actually DMC2 introduced alot of things that were brought into DMC3.). Also DMC4 was polled on a website(I think Devil's-Lair) and DMC4 won the title as most liked DMC game and DMC1 came 2nd and DMC3 was close with DMC1 but coming in 3rd. This had over 20,000 votes too if I can recall. I feel that DMC3 was the best even though I never played DMC1 and DMC4 did have features that were alot better as in enemies.

Sparda™

Esura;185616 said:
And what the hell is up with you constantly changing sigs?

Just doing sigs... :D

The Phantarch;185645 said:
I would like to see Vergil. His stay in the series was a bit brief IMO.

Yeah, I feel his purpose and storyline as a character is still unfinished.

Zato-OW;185647 said:
DMC2 introduced Bloody Palace(actually DMC2 introduced alot of things that were brought into DMC3.). Also DMC4 was polled on a website(I think Devil's-Lair) and DMC4 won the title as most liked DMC game and DMC1 came 2nd and DMC3 was close with DMC1 but coming in 3rd. This had over 20,000 votes too if I can recall. I feel that DMC3 was the best even though I never played DMC1 and DMC4 did have features that were alot better as in enemies.

Glad we agree on DMC3.

Darth Angelo

The Phantarch;185645 said:
I would like to see Vergil. His stay in the series was a bit brief IMO.

He has been in half of the series so far. I always thought of the battle of the Sparda twins as one of those "there can only be one" battles. And now Dante is that ONE, if Vergil came back it would be back to square one, the two will never join forces and Vergil's conscious goal with never be anything other than to become Sparda.
It would just be the same story over and over, what do people think Vergil has left to give us?

Sparda™;185602 said:
If you like DMC3 not for the massive fan hit It was but because you were impressed, don't let that cloud your preferences.

It's not your fault fans went mad just like that.

Well in either case I will always hold DMC1 as my favorite, purely for nostalgia and story reasons and those are good enough reasons for me. :)

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185653 said:
He has been in half of the series so far. I always thought of the battle of the Sparda twins as one of those "there can only be one" battles. And now Dante is that ONE, if Vergil came back it would be back to square one, the two will never join forces and Vergil's conscious goal with never be anything other than to become Sparda.
It would just be the same story over and over, what do people think Vergil has left to give us?

A lot.

The character is left unexplained and has lots of potential unexplored and unused.

What happened with him after DMC1, what was he doing and is he watching the events and waiting for the right moment. Does he want to regain his Yamato. I could ask a thousand questions on Vergil.

darth_angelo45;185653 said:
Well in either case I will always hold DMC1 as my favorite, purely for nostalgia and story reasons and those are good enough reasons for me. :)

Yeah, I can understand.

If It would have a game engine similar to DMC3, I'd like It too.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;185661 said:
A lot.

The character is left unexplained and has lots of potential unexplored and unused.

What happened with him after DMC1, what was he doing and is he watching the events and waiting for the right moment. Does he want to regain his Yamato. I could ask a thousand questions on Vergil.

But wasn't Darth Vader so much cooler when we didn't know all about his past?
Vergil was so awesome in DMC3 and I think it was because he was so mysterious. Yeah it would be cool to have him back and have some kind of explaination of who he is and what he is doing and why he is doing it.
Personally I like the feeling of having Vergil taken away from us at this point, not because I didn't like him but because to be denied answers about him just makes him that much more mysterious and interesting to look back on.

Zato-OW

King
Hmm Vergil? If you guys ever read the Manga, Vergil has no regard for life not even his own. Vergil was defeated by the Demon who his father defeated in which he admired his pops but failed in his name. Which then Dante defeats this Demon to prove once again he is the chosen "son" of Sparda who will follow in his footsteps, and the thing about it is that he hated Sparda and wanted nothing to do with him. Vergil will HATE Dante for this and due to the fact he got his ass kicked by Dante in both games where the winner and loser meant the most at that part of the story/plot. His Amulet which is now apart of the SPARDA tells you what? He will go for the sword once again and Dante isn't going to let him.

Add-on***

I think everything important from DMC1 and DMC3 has been explained on Vergil's part. We knew his goals(thanks to the Manga),we knew his killer, and we also know why he was the way he was. Now in DMC4 there are things that needs to be cleared up. First off the Yamato,shards of Nelo Angelo being found(but where!!!??), Nero!!! and last how and if he will return.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185663 said:
But wasn't Darth Vader so much cooler when we didn't know all about his past?
Vergil was so awesome in DMC3 and I think it was because he was so mysterious. Yeah it would be cool to have him back and have some kind of explaination of who he is and what he is doing and why he is doing it.
Personally I like the feeling of having Vergil taken away from us at this point, not because I didn't like him but because to be denied answers about him just makes him that much more mysterious and interesting to look back on.

We have Sparda as mysterious.

People say he's a legend. He has statues erected in many places and his name is hope for humans and fear and anger for demons.

But what he did, why he did It, how he did It and many many other questions - which would take 10 times the questions for Vergil - make him quite mysterious.

Sparda has the Legendary Dark Knight status, Savior status and a mysterious status. What he did in the human world for 2000 years?

Dante himself in Devil May Cry 4, says that there's much confusion surrounding him.

That's why Vergil would be better in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom