• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil!! Vergil!! Vergil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saseydon

Vergil Vergil Vergil

I took both Latin APs lyric poetry and Vergil and I have to admit that your approach basically just memorizing a translation isnt far off from what I or anyone else in my classes did. The Vergil exam is on 1800 lines, most of them full of rare grammatical constructions and vocabulary youll never see anywhere else. The only way I could see to do well was to have a pretty good knowledge of everything and be able to recognize the lines on sight. Then I could rely on my actual knowledge of Latin to work out the details while still having a general idea of what I was gonna end up with.

I would also add that one of the essays out of I think 3 is about the parts of the Aeneid not covered by those 1800 lines, so you could get full credit on that one without knowing any Latin.

So I guess this was just a long-winded way of saying that if you play your cards right, it might just be possible to get a 3, but youd have to be really lucky-- it might just be easier to learn Latin.
knock off bags handbag uk designer handbags online

DemonDante

Whether Vergil is dead or Not... I still want him back in future Dmc series.

vergilnevan.png

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Tramendium;186023 said:
Me too that will make him legend... maybe even more than Sparda himself..

Prequel - sure why not
Sequel - and I am converting fully to Bayonetta.

I don't care what reasons people can conjure up. The only reason Vergil would be brought back is because people who love DMC3 think he is uber cool and want more of him now.

Not to mention his notable handicap of having exploded the last time we saw him.
(oh I went there)

I am a DMC1 fanboy and would give anything to have Mundus back in 5 but I can accept the fact that it's not going to happen for a very very very long time..if at all.

Nishiva

Living in my little world
^ The part about the Vergil-fans might be true, but I don't really agree with that. There are alot of things that should be explained too.

A "real" comeback in 5 could explain more about Nero, but I'm not really sure about it. I'd like it but.. maybe he'll just appear in a cutscene as an old memory or whatever that happened in the past. Vergil as a boss isn't necessary either in my opinion. Well, except if he takes over Nero of something lol..But that would be weird XD.. Another fight against Nero Angelo?.. (That would mess up the whole thing too)

Edit: I am wondering about the Devil Bringer too but, that's kinda off topic lol
Lol another edit: I just noticed that the thread's title is so ahem. Obsessive fan-like.. xD

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think they could use a Vergil prequel could give Dante back his human edge. It may be a bit early in Dante's life but to tell the story of how Dante "lost" his mother and his brother could give Dante's personality in 3 a lot more depth. Like really when the two brothers went their seperate ways, not that DMC3 Manga I read one time.

In DMC3 Dante doesn't really care about anything and everything is just a big joke. The scene that always defines Dante in that game for me is the scene where Lady is pouring her heart in anger out infront of Dante because Arkham is "dead" and Dante is still just treating it like a big joke. He has his heart but for some reason it just isn't there for a lot of the game.
Something about that really seemed to cross the line between being Dante and being downright heartless and cold. What if whatever happened in the past with Dante's family broke his heart so much it pushed him over the edge and he became this hardened demon hunter who feared nothing anymore.
Kind of like a boy to man story, Dante's story from the VERY beggining.

Just a thought.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
In the divine comedy, vergil helped dante escape from hell.
I know DMC's plot has nothing to do with the divine comedy, but still, they could use that on DMC 2's sequel, cause we still dont know how or if dante escaped from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom