• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil!! Vergil!! Vergil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;185488 said:
DMC4...

That game doesn't have a storyline.

Right... and still capcom has never done a dead character with fanbase justice. DMC4 plot was horrible and very cliche.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;185489 said:
Right... and still capcom has never done a dead character with fanbase justice.

Take It like this...

There's nothing worse than having a game without a storyline, so I guess It wouldn't be a surprise If Vergil would be back in the series, just like that.

Zato-OW;185489 said:
DMC4 plot was horrible and very cliche.

Glad we agree on this.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;185488 said:
DMC4...

The only part that didn't have a storyline was Dante's section. Nero's section had a storyline, it just didn't have anything to do with Dante or Sparda and didn't move the series forward at all.
Thats like saying that Resident Evil 4 didn't have a storyline.

Kind of like DMC2 in that respect, where Dante is there just for the sake of being there. The game would have been about the same without him.

Zato-OW

King
I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean I expected Unlockable Costumes in DMC4 which is actually a tradition in DMC games but we didn't get it. Vergil being in DMC5 is kind of a "maybe" and or "nah" since he was killed off. The way I see it is, I don't see Vergil coming back for obvious reasons. Well actually I don't see him coming back on a serious note.

I'm sure they were using Nero to take his place but it didn't work out that way. When you really think about it, the way they ended off DMC3 and DMC1 on Vergil's part gives the impression that there's really is no good way bringing him back with out changing his character. Think about what he stated about his amulet,Sparda's power,him hating humans, to him being brain washed and killed by mundus then destroyed again by Dante. How can someone seriously come back from that? They know they are walking on eggshells with Vergil and I'm sure that's why nothing was said about him in DMC4 except Dante's remarks about the Yamato. It's just so much stuff that was going on even from the anime that it seems Vergil will be left out. Also Kobayashi admitted he dislikes Vergil and he created Nero.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185492 said:
The only part that didn't have a storyline was Dante's section. Nero's section had a storyline, it just didn't have anything to do with Dante or Sparda and didn't move the series forward at all.
Thats like saying that Resident Evil 4 didn't have a storyline.

Kind of like DMC2 in that respect, where Dante is there just for the sake of being there. The game would have been about the same without him.

No, you can't possibly compare RE4 with DMC4. Those games are eons away.

Zato-OW;185493 said:
I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean I expected Unlockable Costumes in DMC4 which is actually a tradition in DMC games but we didn't get it. Vergil being in DMC5 is kind of a "maybe" and or "nah" since he was killed off. The way I see it is, I don't see Vergil coming back for obvious reasons. Well actually I don't see him coming back on a serious note.

I'm sure they were using Nero to take his place but it didn't work out that way. When you really think about it, the way they ended off DMC3 and DMC1 on Vergil's part gives the impression that there's really is no good way bringing him back with out changing his character. Think about what he stated about his amulet,Sparda's power,him hating humans, to him being brain washed and killed by mundus then destroyed again by Dante. How can someone seriously come back from that? They know they are walking on eggshells with Vergil and I'm sure that's why nothing was said about him in DMC4 except Dante's remarks about the Yamato. It's just so much stuff that was going on even from the anime that it seems Vergil will be left out. Also Kobayashi admitted he dislikes Vergil and he created Nero.

I agree that the only way Vergil would come back is by having his character changed.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Sparda™;185488 said:
DMC4...

It does so!

Zato-OW;185489 said:
Right... and still capcom has never done a dead character with fanbase justice. DMC4 plot was horrible and very cliche.

Like pretty much EVERY OTHER DMC game was cliched. And dont hand me the "DMC3 wasnt very cliche" schtick I get from others.

However I didnt find DMC4's plot to be bad at all til the end. I was so into the game because I wanted to know who the **** was Nero, which they left COMPLETELY open btw. The ending was garbage and totally destroy the ending I had in mind while playing. Dante's ending is what truly cushioned the pain from the ending cause it was sooo ****ing funny.

Sparda, could you make a gif of Dante kicking the door open in DMC4 and posing and shooting with Trish and Lady?

Sparda™

Don't double post.:rolleyes:

Esura;185503 said:
Here we go with Sparda's RE4 fanboyism....:wacko:

That being said from someone whose first Resident Evil game was 5. Play the other games and then start talking about RE4.

Esura;185502 said:
Like pretty much EVERY OTHER DMC game was cliched. And dont hand me the "DMC3 wasnt very cliche" schtick I get from others.

However I didnt find DMC4's plot to be bad at all til the end. I was so into the game because I wanted to know who the **** was Nero, which they left COMPLETELY open btw. The ending was garbage and totally destroy the ending I had in mind while playing. Dante's ending is what truly cushioned the pain from the ending cause it was sooo ****ing funny.

DMC3 explains everything about each character. We have a damn clue who's who there. DMC4 didn't explain one clear sentence about who the hell is Nero.

Esura

Sparda™;185512 said:
Don't double post.:rolleyes:

That being said from someone whose first Resident Evil game was 5. Play the other games and then start talking about RE4.

DMC3 explains everything about each character. We have a damn clue who's who there. DMC4 didn't explain one clear sentence about who the hell is Nero.
Doesnt matter if my first game was Resident Evil 5. I never played RE4 but I seen how it was played, and I swear to god that is the most overhyped game last gen. One of the reasons why I never felt the need to play it and still dont.

And DMC3 does NOT explain everything about each character. It gives you SOME insight on each character but thats about it. And also you have a weird knack of saying what I already said. I already said Nero wasnt explained, which was my major gaff with DMC4. I thought all the truths would come out at the end but it didnt, but the thing that got me into DMC4's story more than DMC3 was the journey. You didnt know **** about Nero, which made you want to continue so you can know more.

Sparda™

Esura;185520 said:
Doesnt matter if my first game was Resident Evil 5. I never played RE4 but I seen how it was played, and I swear to god that is the most overhyped game last gen. One of the reasons why I never felt the need to play it and still dont.

That made me lol so hard...

You know what's your problem with games?

You just jump to the fresh ones and you don't follow any game franchises, saying DMC4 or RE5 are the best of their series - obviously not.

Follow the franchises before jumping to conclusions which are not true.

Esura;185520 said:
And DMC3 does NOT explain everything about each character. It gives you SOME insight on each character but thats about it. And also you have a weird knack of saying what I already said. I already said Nero wasnt explained, which was my major gaff with DMC4. I thought all the truths would come out at the end but it didnt, but the thing that got me into DMC4's story more than DMC3 was the journey. You didnt know **** about Nero, which made you want to continue so you can know more.

Exactly.

A journey which left every each of us, empty handed. That's why Devil May Cry 3 is the best DMC ever made, not said by me, but probably by all fans unanimously.

Reasons?

Delivers better and much harder gameplay, much better storyline, and an overall much better atmosphere - for not forgetting the variety of bosses in the game.

Esura

Sparda™;185521 said:
That made me lol so hard...

You know what's your problem with games?

You just jump to the fresh ones and you don't follow any game franchises, saying DMC4 or RE5 are the best of their series - obviously not.

Follow the franchises before jumping to conclusions which are not true.

Exactly.

A journey which left every each of us, empty handed. That's why Devil May Cry 3 is the best DMC ever made, not said by me, but probably by all fans unanimously.

Reasons?

Delivers better and much harder gameplay, much better storyline, and an overall much better atmosphere - for not forgetting the variety of bosses in the game.
First off, I played DMC1 when it FIRST CAME OUT so dont try to say I dont follow franchises. Yeah, I may not been into RE series from the beginning but I've been into DMC from DAY ONE, and I still like DMC4 more than the others.

I personally dont find DMC3 to be the best DMC ever made and I dont care what the majority of fans think. I dont auto like popular shnit cause a bunch of other people like it. I'm my own person goddammit. But I will admit, at the end of the journey it did leave me empty handed, but the journey, not the end of the journey, which made me apreciate DMC4.

Sparda™

Esura;185529 said:
First off, I played DMC1 when it FIRST CAME OUT so dont try to say I dont follow franchises. Yeah, I may not been into RE series from the beginning but I've been into DMC from DAY ONE, and I still like DMC4 more than the others.

You sound more like you've seen videos of the other DMC titles rather than played them.

Esura;185529 said:
I personally dont find DMC3 to be the best DMC ever made and I dont care what the majority of fans think. I dont auto like popular shnit cause a bunch of other people like it. I'm my own person goddammit. But I will admit, at the end of the journey it did leave me empty handed, but the journey, not the end of the journey, which made me apreciate DMC4.

Auto-like?

No, my friend. It's just that all DMC fans unanimously agree for DMC3 being the best, with all of us contributing into the reasons I mentioned in my post above.

Devil May Cry 4 is a self-failed acclaimed title.

Esura

Sparda™;185530 said:
You sound more like you've seen videos of the other DMC titles rather than played them.

Auto-like?

No, my friend. It's just that all DMC fans unanimously agree for DMC3 being the best, with all of us contributing into the reasons I mentioned in my post above.

Devil May Cry 4 is a self-failed acclaimed title.

Whatever. Think what you want, but I got DMC1 used when it first came out.

And ok, good for you guys. I have my reasons for liking DMC4 more than the rest.

Sparda™

Esura;185533 said:
And ok, good for you guys. I have my reasons for liking DMC4 more than the rest.

Whatever floats your boat.

More to the point of this thread, yes, I want Vergil back XD

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
What is so great about 3? I can't understand why people suddenly went nuts over it (on top how how much of a good game it was granted)
I didn't like Dante
I wasn't that keen on the design of the enemies
I thought it was way too hard too soon
And the vocal battle music got very annoying after a while.

DMC3 was a good game but I don't think of it as 'the one that surpassed all the others by miles' I liked 1 and 4 more than I liked 3

Esura

darth_angelo45;185538 said:
What is so great about 3? I can't understand why people suddenly went nuts over it (on top how how much of a good game it was granted)
I didn't like Dante

DMC3 was a good game but I don't think of it as 'the one that surpassed all the others by miles' I liked 1 and 4 more than I liked 3
I agree with all sans the bolded part.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185538 said:
I didn't like Dante

Introduced Bloody Palace
Introduced Style-Change
Introduced new and revamped Devil Arms
Introduced Dante's twin brother, Vergil (real introduction)
Harder/Faster/More in-depth gameplay
Introduced the genesis of the series

And probably more things I'm not remembering right now.

But yeah, DMC3 is like miles ahead of DMC1 - let alone DMC4.

Esura

Sparda™;185540 said:
But yeah, DMC3 is like miles ahead of DMC1 - let alone DMC4.
While its gameplay is ahead of DMC1, I still like 1 better but thats not the point. DMC3 is EXPECTED to be miles ahead of DMC1. However DMC3 is NOT miles ahead of DMC4. Its not ahead of DMC4 at all. I love it when people allow nostalgia to cloud their judgement.

Sparda™

There's absolutely no nostalgia included. So, I'm sorry to interrupt your orgasmic pleasure of people's thoughts being clouded by that, as I'm not the case.

I'm comparing games here. I've done in average, 40 hours of gameplay per each game of the franchise - the most fresh being Devil May Cry 4, with the least fresh DMC2.

Putting them in an equal scale, Devil May Cry 3 will appear the most complete game out of 'em all.

Devil May Cry 4 has the best graphics, but shiny Angelos, Devil Bringers, cliche storylines and overused Devil Arms don't impress me. I play Crysis If I wanna get stunned by graphics.

Devil May Cry 1 has the best storyline, but that's about It. Its gameplay is weak, although innovative for its time - still - not a competitor among the series.

Devil May Cry 2 is the total counterpart of 3. It lacked in all departments.

Esura

Sparda™;185547 said:
There's absolutely no nostalgia included. So, I'm sorry to interrupt your orgasmic pleasure of people's thoughts being clouded by that, as I'm not the case.

I'm comparing games here. I've done in average, 40 hours of gameplay per each game of the franchise - the most fresh being Devil May Cry 4, with the least fresh DMC2.

Putting them in an equal scale, Devil May Cry 3 will appear the most complete game out of 'em all.

Devil May Cry 4 has the best graphics, but shiny Angelos, Devil Bringers, cliche storylines and overused Devil Arms don't impress me. I play Crysis If I wanna get stunned by graphics.

Devil May Cry 1 has the best storyline, but that's about It. Its gameplay is weak, although innovative for its time - still - not a competitor among the series.

Devil May Cry 2 is the total counterpart of 3. It lacked in all departments.

Dude, ALL the DMC games have cliched plots so I dont know why you keep calling ONLY DMC4 cliched. Also, DMC2 didnt LACK in anything execpt length. None of them lacked in anything, its just the newer games have more stuff to it.

But lets get back to DMC2, which, if you think about it, DID not lack in much at all execpt length. 30-50% of DMC3's features was pretty much LIFTED from DMC2. DMC2 added weapon changing on the fly, it had Bloody Palace mode FIRST, and it was the first DMC game to let you PLAY with someone else (Lucia and Trish). C'mon I know it was easier and didnt feel like the first DMC, but DMC2-hate is the prime example of nostalgia bias, plain and simple. There is only two things that you can truly hate about it and that it was easier than 1 and Dante personality changed. Thats it.

Wow, this DMC3 dick riding is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom