• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil!! Vergil!! Vergil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramendium

bing0;180250 said:
devil may cry 5 must have VERGIL!!! :wub:

If you are new ill say yes DMC5 will have Vergil but they say its going to be in some sort of ghost or other form anyway better to be playable char there is also something in DMC universe left for him as well.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
*looks at thread title*
Oh for the love of God..*facepalm*
Ok, as much as I would love to go off on one here. Instead I am going to politly say. "may I ask why?"

(and no because he is kick ass is not a good enough reason to bring someone back from the dead...half dead...spirit world whatever)

Darkness Oblivion

Taste your mortality!
Well, Nelo could have Fled, rather than died, oh, and is it just me, or do the games that have Vergil actually do BETTER than the ones without?

Darth Angelo

Tramendium;180291 said:
Sometimes you must understand how economy work and if you do then you'd know its the logical course of things.

Are you saying that Capcom are going to bring Vergil back just because he has thousands of fanboys now?

Ok lets say Capcom bend over and give us all what we want. What would his story be? other than an exact recreation of the events of DMC3? Because I believe we already have that game. There is nothing Vergil would care about other than the Sparda sword if he was still around. Thats his ultimate goal and it always will be.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
but he's not dead, thats the thing, in the original DMC, we may have seen him explode, but that doesn't mean that he's dead...they did find yamato, but that doesn't mean that he's alive either...who knows?(beides capcom...) maybe he's alive, maybe he's in another dimension, maybe its a surprise...we'll find out when capcom releases information...

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I think vergil should return... even if he doesn't have much to add instead of "killing dante", but still, he is a cool character with a huge number of fans.
As I wrote in other threads before, it could be just the way capcom wrote it, but I dont think Mundus said "Vergil has been DEFEATED" in vain.
Vergil could at least appear as a final epic battle for dante before he really dies.
About the fact that he doesnt have anything to add, I think he has much more to add than Lady and Trish. (no offense Lady and Trish fans)

Zato-OW

King
Vergil was already dead even as Nelo Angelo. Nelo Angelo's bio in DMC1 states that he was a honorable demon and a general in Mundus's army, but deep within this demons body lies Vergil's soul Dante's twin brother. Then in DMC4 "story area" Nelo Angelo bio states that he is infact the "departed" brother of Dante meaning he was dead while as Nelo Angelo. There is no real way to bring him back I guess but if he did(which I doubt) he will have nothing more to offer to DMC but to rival Dante and or Nero.

Darth Angelo

Crimson Devil;180327 said:
Vergil could at least appear as a final epic battle for dante before he really dies.
About the fact that he doesnt have anything to add, I think he has much more to add than Lady and Trish. (no offense Lady and Trish fans)

Like what? we have fought him six times and Dante has more than proven himself as the dominant son and the worthy successor of their father. He holds Sparda, the trophy of his ultimate victory over Vergil. Bringing Vergil back will only drag the story backwards and create another pointless story that doesn't go anywhere. I for one want to see something new and see where the story is SUPPOSED to go. Why else would they have introduced a new character?

I personally feel that the only person who can bring something new and fresh to DMC is Nero. I think Dante is not much use to us story wise until he is ready to wrap things up once and for all. Sure you could throw a few little Dante chapters in here and there but as far as the big picture is concerned, I think Nero has the most promise for the time being.

Zato-OW

King
I think there is alot of air left for Dante to breath in DMC series, its just that Capcom keeps giving us these tired bosses and plots when it should really be about a actual Devil King from HELL that Dante fights not some insane human who misunderstood Sparda and tries to become him. There are Demons out there that are stronger then Dante in Hell and the DMC anime proved this. They just need better plots and Dante can still take lead of the series. You see how God Of War is with the plot making? It's like one huge movie in that series with somewhat good story telling. DMC just fails at story making and story telling but that's what Capcom is known for anyway.

Tramendium

Zato-OW;180342 said:
I think there is alot of air left for Dante to breath in DMC series, its just that Capcom keeps giving us these tired bosses and plots when it should really be about a actual Devil King from HELL that Dante fights not some insane human who misunderstood Sparda and tries to become him. There are Demons out there that are stronger then Dante in Hell and the DMC anime proved this. They just need better plots and Dante can still take lead of the series. You see how God Of War is with the plot making? It's like one huge movie in that series with somewhat good story telling. DMC just fails at story making and story telling but that's what Capcom is known for anyway.

I agree game for once need to be back at good old goin to hell and kick some ass plot like DMC1.

Darth Angelo

Tramendium;180357 said:
I agree game for once need to be back at good old goin to hell and kick some ass plot like DMC1.

Couldn't aggree more:)

...butnoVergil *hides behind nearest flat object*

RedRose

Kael
the only way we'll see vergil again i believe is either in some kind of pequel to the 3rd game (practicaly a prequel to a prequel) which i highly doubt or else through Nero, there were a couple of points in the 4th game where it's, in my opinion, obvious that vergil has possesed his arm, but i don't think vergil will be manifesting a new body any time soon if ever. i agree with brutal_angelo, vergil isn't coming back, sorry fanboys.

Tramendium

RedRose;180370 said:
the only way we'll see vergil again i believe is either in some kind of pequel to the 3rd game (practicaly a prequel to a prequel) which i highly doubt or else through Nero, there were a couple of points in the 4th game where it's, in my opinion, obvious that vergil has possesed his arm, but i don't think vergil will be manifesting a new body any time soon if ever. i agree with brutal_angelo, vergil isn't coming back, sorry fanboys.

Then game would need new refreshment anyone got any ideas on what that might be?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you study close to ending in dmc4 you see when Dante gives Nero his Katana in sign of friendship so if Nero turns Vergil the whole dmc4 game is dip****.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
darth_angelo45;180415 said:
Blah Blah Blah

Hate Hate Hate

Come on dude, Virgil coming back would be awesome.

I could think of allot he could bring to the story at this point.

But I don't need to argue that, his fanbase alone should guarantee him his own game on top of an appearance in DMC 5.

Should capcom give the fans what they want you ask?

Ummm.....I think they should........if they want to sell games.

Red

My concept of DMC5 is that Vergil or Nelo Angelo will be resurrected through Nero's Devil Bringer... Just a guess, though...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom