• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Nero.

And here comes the old fans to **** on the new fans.

And then its gonna go back to the beginning. Good thing I made this.

when-i-read-dmc-comments-on-youtube_c_629780.jpg
tumblr_m7niutMQmE1qj5yg0o1_400.jpg

Azurel

I've just realized what we've all to look forward to...months and months of fans arguing about the game once it's out! :lol::
tumblr_inline_mgdyxz1dp21qi2hpv.gif

Everywhere we go, negative and positive views will collide, fires were rage in threads, youtube comments, myspace, twitter, msn, NO FAN WILL BE SAFE! THE INTERNET WILL BE CONSUMED AND THE UNIVERSE WILL IMPLODE!

There is only one course of action we can take to avert such a catastrophe disaster on such a feaces throwing scale...

...Cheer up everybody, you know what they say...^_^

Bring it. :mad:

GF9000000Returns

Wooow. Looks like after the release day of the game, I may not come back here for a while if everyone's gonna be at each other's throats all over the ending and score. If popular game sites like IGN and Gamespot gave the game a 7.5 or lower, the antis will celebrate their victory, if it gets an 8 or higher, me and a whole lotta supporters will do the same. Even if the ending sucked, I'm still gonna love the game for what it is. I didn't watch the whole vid, but I watched a minute of the fight and it's looks pretty good, the only thing I didn't like were the interrupting mid cutscenes but hey, it lasted 5 seconds.

Geez...I can really sense it now. Regardless of the outcome, there will still be a riot here. And I bet half of those dislikes were from the antis who believed in the 4chan BS. #4chaniz4idiots

I've just realized what we've all to look forward to...months and months of fans arguing about the game once it's out! :lol::
tumblr_inline_mgdyxz1dp21qi2hpv.gif

Everywhere we go, negative and positive views will collide, fires were rage in threads, youtube comments, myspace, twitter, msn, NO FAN WILL BE SAFE! THE INTERNET WILL BE CONSUMED AND THE UNIVERSE WILL IMPLODE!

There is only one course of action we can take to avert such a catastrophe disaster on such a feaces throwing scale...

...Cheer up everybody, you know what they say...^_^
Thank goodness I have school so I won't have to deal with this BS. Welp, off to watch some TV until I sleep.
See yall tommorow!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I heard everything fine in the video, might have helped that I was wearing headphones. So I know exactly what they said. And even though the ending is taken out of context, would it had mattered? It was pretty clear what happened, what Dante and Vergil was figthing about. The ending was simple cliche and lame. Especially the lines.

"I don't know who I am".
Yes it matters. That's the whole point. The ending means nothing without going through the journey.
Based on what you just said you could watch the ending to any movie, tv series, book, video game, or any other type of media and judge the whole thing based on that. In that case then every DMC game had a lame ending.
DMC1 Dante beats Mundus - cliched
DMC2 Dante beats Arius - cliched
DMC3 Dante beats his brother - cliched
DMC4 Nero beats the savior and gets the girl - cliched

See? Without the journey the ending is pointless. The journey to get to the ending is what makes the ending all the more meaningful.

Azurel

There's nothing wrong with this ending and there's nothing wrong in liking it.
If you like it, then that's just great! If you don't, well, sucks to be you then. ^^

It does suck to be them. They can't deal with the idea of the ending being good ('cause they kept hoping this game and story would suck) so, they bring up little stupid nitpicks and say that the fans have lower standards.

DmC FOR LIFE.

Sultan Abdulrazzaq

Yes it matters. That's the whole point. The ending means nothing without going through the journey.
Based on what you just said you could watch the ending to any movie, tv series, book, video game, or any other type of media look at the ending and judge the whole thing based on that. In that case then every DMC game had a lame ending.
DMC1 Dante beats Mundus - cliched
DMC2 Dante beats Arius - cliched
DMC3 Dante beats his brother - cliched
DMC4 Nero beats the savior and gets the girl - cliched

See? Without the journey the ending is pointless. The journey to get to the ending is what makes the ending all the more meaningful.

good point my friend

EvilX-81

This was really disappointing in my opinion.

The whole "Vergil gaining power" was really obvious even before I watched trailers and spoilers of the game. Kinda glad that I won't be buying it. I guess now I can watch the rest of the game to see how it plays out as well as combo videos that people will release.

And I personally don't think that this was better than the DMC3 fight. I didn't see that much tension between the two compared in DMC3.

Well they did slice and dice eachother several times during the course of the game, and Dante comes into this game flatout hating his brother off the bat.

Definitely not better than the DMC3 fight, though I did at least like knowing Vergil's intentions, and Vergil did seem to use some cool moves there. The fight was so much buildup, but no payoff. Lightning even begins to *thunder around them*, Vergil does some cool things, but it never seems to hit the "money shot."

I think this is what the reviewers meant by the offputting ending.

Reactions: V

Paexie

But in this case, the ending didn't really have any meaning at all. What would the "journey" in this cas actually add to a lackluster of a ending?
Sort of reminds me of how the game "Journey" doesn't really have a solid ending/conclusion even if it's abstract to a point. It really is the experience that counts.

Gbraga

Yeah, man. This was his first time writing for something like this... and it shows.
It really does, unfortunately.

I still believe it'll be one hell of a game, but I can't help but feel the reboot was kinda pointless. They brought over NT because of their storytelling skills, and in the end we get something just as bad for the story and the best thing about the game is the gameplay which was fine to begin with? Not gonna bitch since the game looks good, but what was the point?

Top Bottom