• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Nekodark

Yeah, it was a lot worse than what we were expecting, but this is no Mass Effect 3 or Assassin's Creed III.

Oh those endings they were not the worst but I was going WTH with the AC3 ending somewhat the same with the MA3 ending but then I moved on since it was the in the moment thing for me not anger really just a head tilting WTH kind of moment, then I went 'Eh whatever still had fun before' lol

zarion

Vergil said that he loved Dante, fangirls are going to go ballistic when they hear this.
Looks to me like Vergil tried to be the Dark Knight Sparda of DmC by taking over after Mundus was dead.
But I feel that Vergil pretty much sabotaged himself, if he had just shut up and let things go their natural course both him and Dante would've naturally been given positions of high authority in time.
Also, **** off /v/

Gbraga

Oh those endings they were not the worst but I was going WTH with the AC3 ending somewhat the same with the MA3 ending but then I moved on since it was the in the moment thing for me not anger really just a head tilting WTH kind of moment, then I went 'Eh whatever still had fun before' lol
You're lucky then, because I HATED the games even before the ending, so you can imagine my frustration haha

ZeroLove

I'm just asking for us not to resort to insulting others opinions.

If you can show me one of my posts where I insulted one of the "supporters" opinions than I would indeed consider you point.

Otherwise it just looks like your trying to pick a fight with me because I asked for peace which is weird...

Actually, you are one of the skeptics who actually DO follow your own advice.
But just look through this thread. We who say we like the ending, we get torn down by skeptics... but when supporters talk against skeptics opinions, THAT is when you came in and asked people to be respectful... Though you are being respectful, it is clear what side you are on.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Well again I can't completely tell you about the journey since I haven't played the full game yet, but from what I can answer your question.
The journey is everything because in the beginning of the game you see Dante and Vergil build a bond of friendship and trust. And throughout the game they continue to build on this relationship, but then at the end of the game your brother betrays you, taking emotional toil on Dante and forcing him to fight against his own brother, a person he thought to be his friend. I'm sure once we get to play through the whole game this confrontation will be much more dynamic and important.
Like I said you can call anything lame and cliched by just looking at the ending.

Even though they become friends, the "brother betrayal" point is still nothing compared to the ending in DMC3. Hell, even that point was cliche since it have been done before and we all saw it from miles away.

I wasn't. I was bringing up the point of the overall experience breaching out what could be a a lackluster end, which is also what was brought up in reviews.

That the journey was a blast but it left them wanting more from the end because of that experience at the beginning .
The sudden ending in Journey was quite fitting though, never once did the game give you straight answer, the only questions that would turn up would be from yourself, not the game.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
respectful... Though you are being respectful, it is clear what side you are on.

well obviously I don't like the ending, but my post about respecting others opinions was at everyone just to be clear.

Even the ones who are saying you guys have "low expectations" because you like it.

I have no problem with you guys liking the ending, more power to ya.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If they've only known each other a short time, then I guess their relationship was never gonna be that strong anyway, Dante was never gonna be all torn up over it.

ZeroLove

well obviously I don't like the ending, but my post about respecting others opinions was at everyone just to be clear.

Even the ones who are saying you guys have "low expectations" because you like it.

I have no problem with you guys liking the ending, more power to ya.

And likewise. ^^

Azurel

Who left a window open and let all these flies in?

Don't worry. An admin will come in and close that particular window soon (locked thread) if this keeps up. For now though, I think things may have calmed down a bit.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Even though they become friends, the "brother betrayal" point is still nothing compared to the ending in DMC3. Hell, even that point was cliche since it have been done before and we all saw it from miles away.
I'm not trying to compare it to DMC3, and in which I would have to disagree with you. DMC3 didn't give you a bond between Dante and Vergil that made you emotionally involved with their rivalry. But here you have to basically destroy the bond you've built up the entire game with your brother because he is power hungry.

And yes it may seem cliche'd but my point still echoes throughout this thread. The ending is nothing without the journey.

ChaserTech

Actually, you are one of the skeptics who actually DO follow your own advice.
But just look through this thread. We who say we like the ending, we get torn down by skeptics... but when supporters talk against skeptics opinions, THAT is when you came in and asked people to be respectful... Though you are being respectful, it is clear what side you are on.

What about some of the reasonable people who don't like the game and people who are supporting going "SUCK IT HATERZ!" or something similar to that notion?

Personally, I don't care much on who likes the ending or not. I didn't like it that much only because it seemed really bland. As well as this, I don't like how the boss fights are being presented in this game as well. The constant pauses between each segment in the boss fight can get quite annoying.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And likewise. ^^

Thanks.

To bad "certain members" seem to think that my posts are full of "hypocrisy" despite my actions showing otherwise lol.

Oh well, some simply can't respect others opinions no matter how respectful they convey them.:/

Razum

Nothing about the ending stood out. It was extremely generic. I was hoping for great story telling after EVERY INTERVIEW droned on about how good the writing of the game was. Instead we get an ending that has been done time and again. Which really wouldn't bother me, but again, the developers said over and over that story was king in this game, one even claimed shakespearean quality.

Beyond that, the fight itself didn't give a single "badass" quality moment. The closest is Vergil teleporting behind Dante, but that's been done so much it's actually become a JOKE in some anime. Just generic sword clash and rolling away from a hit.

The gameplay itself isn't bad, it's a mildly entertaining hack'n'slash, but it doesn't give the same feeling as DMC1/3/4 gave, which is ultimately the reason people love those games.

Oh, and I'm here because I very much want a worthy reboot of the DMC series. Every time I saw a new trailer or gameplay or interview I held out hope that the game would end up great, but slowly the nicked me down. And now instead of a sequel the tops what is generally considered one of the best action games ever, we get a mildly entertaining hack'n'slash that doesn't break the mold or excel in it's gameplay.

Dominus

What about some of the reasonable people who don't like the game and people who are supporting going "SUCK IT HATERZ!" or something similar to that notion?

Personally, I don't care much on who likes the ending or not. I didn't like it that much only because it seemed really bland. As well as this, I don't like how the boss fights are being presented in this game as well. The constant pauses between each segment in the boss fight can get quite annoying.
Yah exactly. It's like NT got the regular combat right by not putting QTEs and only having slowdown at the end of the combat sections. But.. in the boss fights they have too many interrupting (non-skippable) cutscenes to break the flow.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Nothing about the ending stood out. It was extremely generic. I was hoping for great story telling after EVERY INTERVIEW droned on about how good the writing of the game was. Instead we get an ending that has been done time and again. Which really wouldn't bother me, but again, the developers said over and over that story was king in this game, one even claimed shakespearean quality.

Beyond that, the fight itself didn't give a single "badass" quality moment. The closest is Vergil teleporting behind Dante, but that's been done so much it's actually become a JOKE in some anime. Just generic sword clash and rolling away from a hit.

The gameplay itself isn't bad, it's a mildly entertaining hack'n'slash, but it doesn't give the same feeling as DMC1/3/4 gave, which is ultimately the reason people love those games.

Oh, and I'm here because I very much want a worthy reboot of the DMC series. Every time I saw a new trailer or gameplay or interview I held out hope that the game would end up great, but slowly the nicked me down. And now instead of a sequel the tops what is generally considered one of the best action games ever, we get a mildly entertaining hack'n'slash that doesn't break the mold or excel in it's gameplay.

I think they were aiming for generic, though. Widest possible audience, bar kids.

Shakespearean? LOL, I missed that one. Gold.

Top Bottom