• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Azurel

To the Haters:

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE DmC?? MAKE A FLASH GAME WITH THE OLD DANTE AND CALL IT A DAY IF YOU WANT HIM THAT BADLY.

Seriously, you could be using the energy posting here to make a game of your own and post it on Newgrounds or something.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It does suck to be them. They can't deal with the idea of the ending being good ('cause they kept hoping this game and story would suck) so, they bring up little stupid nitpicks and say that the fans have lower standards.

DmC FOR LIFE.

Well thats kinda harsh lol.

So because we don't like the ending we must be hoping that it story sucks?

And our opinions are now reduced to "stupid nitpicks"?

Wow, I can already see where this thread is going with attitudes like this.

Can't we all be respectful and tolerate of others opinions around here?

Nekodark

Let's take this for example, your grammar isn't good. I can barely read what message you want to send here and I'm sure there is others that can agree with me here.

With that example, it is safe to say that the writing in this ending was just, underwhelming and cliche. Many people will agree to this, especially writers that knows what they do.

Both of this are facts.

Good day sir.

I see only your opinion of things or like yours is just fine, no need to get snippy with me when I am trying to be nice I was not attacking you and I was not bashing you I was pointing out what I see as lack of respect for others taste and putting your own.

You want to play that game sure go ahead but at least I know that others do not have to agree with me and I can take someone liking something I do not without question, and if we are going to critic others your lack of respect to others and what they like is atrocious I do not care if you want to pick on me or my grammar because it shows to me that I am speaking the truth and you are avoiding what I said but that is all I wanted to point out.

Thank you for your time and proving what I thought of how you are right even when I still respect your taste sir, no need to reply I am done with this. ^_^

V

Oldschool DMC fan
To the Haters:

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE DmC?? MAKE A FLASH GAME WITH THE OLD DANTE AND CALL IT A DAY IF YOU WANT HIM THAT BADLY.

Seriously, you could be using the energy posting here to make a game of your own and post it on Newgrounds or something.
How old are you? 12?

Nero.

I just think people are overreacting a little, I understand why some may not like of it, but it's not so horrible.

33181688.jpg

Paexie

It really does, unfortunately.

I still believe it'll be one hell of a game, but I can't help but feel the reboot was kinda pointless. They brought over NT because of their storytelling skills, and in the end we get something just as bad for the story and the best thing about the game is the gameplay which was fine to begin with? Not gonna bitch since the game looks good, but what was the point?
Yeah, I totally get that angle. BUT
DUDE DID YOU READ TWOxACROSS' POST
THERE ARE ENEMIES THAT CAN ATTACK/COUNTERATTACK YOU IF YOU FLING THEM IN MID AIR
IM VERY MOTIVATED

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Sort of reminds me of how the game "Journey" doesn't really have a solid ending/conclusion even if it's abstract to a point. It really is the experience that counts.
But Journey (one of my favorite games) had a very different way to tell a story. It heavily made use of the rule "Show, don't tell" and in a good way. Journey was actually about creating your own journey, by yourself or with someone. You can't compare a game like Journey to DmC.

Dominus

Ending feels NG1 like. Game builds up and up and then its like oh you won the game here's another fight, the end. Maybe?

chocolatepanda

I dont think the ending is bad i like. Most other scenarios had been guessed as theories like power corrupting Virgil or Mundus corrupting him ect. So no matter what they did at the end it would've been meh for most people but to me its not about the ending its about how you got there really as long as the ending doesnt add questing to which you wont get an answer like DMC2, who the f**k was on the bike?! Or in dmc4 the question of where did nero come from, i raged a bit at the end of 4 cuz i never got an answer and that was the only questing i had ever since i unlocked DT(think thats explained somewhere else though)!?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
But in this case, the ending didn't really have any meaning at all. What would the "journey" in this cas actually add to a lackluster of a ending?
Well again I can't completely tell you about the journey since I haven't played the full game yet, but from what I have seen I can answer your question.
The journey is everything because in the beginning of the game you see Dante and Vergil build a bond of friendship and trust. And throughout the game they continue to build on this relationship, but then at the end of the game your brother betrays you, taking emotional toil on Dante and forcing him to fight against his own brother, a person he thought to be his friend. I'm sure once we get to play through the whole game this confrontation will be much more dynamic and important.
Like I said you can call anything lame and cliched by just looking at the ending.

Paexie

But Journey (one of my favorite games) had a very different way to tell a story. It heavily made use of the rule "Show, don't tell" and in a good way. Journey was actually about creating your own journey, by yourself or with someone. You can't compare a game like Journey to DmC.
I wasn't. I was bringing up the point of the overall experience breaching out what could be a a lackluster end, which is also what was brought up in reviews.

That the journey was a blast but it left them wanting more from the end because of that experience at the beginning .

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's funny that when a supporter complains about skeptics opinions, we all have to be "respectful and acceptive" of eachothers opinions, but when a skeptic complains about a supporter's opinions, then it is alright.

I'm just asking for us not to resort to insulting others opinions.

If you can show me one of my posts where I insulted one of the "supporters" opinions than I would indeed consider you point.

Otherwise it just looks like your trying to pick a fight with me because I asked for peace which is weird...

Azurel

It's funny that when a supporter complains about skeptics opinions, we all have to be "respectful and acceptive" of eachothers opinions, but when a skeptic complains about a supporter's opinions, then it is alright.

Yes. This. This!

Zero, I knew there was a reason why I liked you. You're not an "all right guy". You're a great guy. Way to bring up the hypocrisy in "Too Cool For DmC's" post. *brofist*

Top Bottom