• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Give it a rest. You're gonna buy the game anyway, what do you care? Or are you just complaining because some of us have different opinions and can type them here?

Sorry, that was the troll in me coming out.:(

I get that way when someone tells me something I like is bad.

Gbraga

Basically ending feels rushed. Maybe Capcom pressed too hard for them to get that Vergil DLC content out and such. I think they spent a lot of time on the setup but ran out of time?
Now I hope the Vergil DLC is really after the main game so we can get some real closure, something satisfying.

Gbraga

@ the fans

Did you see that seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay? *Shao Khan voice*

"Outstanding."
That was another thing that bugged me, lots of unnecessary cutscenes mid-fight after only one simple combo on Vergil. I REALLY HATE THIS :(

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Come on, you gotta agree that the DmC ending was lame, not bad, just lame. And if you "love" it, you most likely have to be a person that can like or love things of lower quality.
First off I can barely make out what happens because of the garbage quality of the video. From what I saw the fight between Vergil and Dante looked pretty cool and wasn't a letdown what so ever, but I couldn't tell what the hell was going on dialogue wise. It was disappointing that neither Dante nor Vergil went into full demon mode, but I can't win them all.
I understand that you don't like the ending but who are you to declare this ending lower quality?

ZeroLove

Come on, you gotta agree that the DmC ending was lame, not bad, just lame. And if you "love" it, you most likely have to be a person that can like or love things of lower quality.

There's also the possibility that your expectations were simply too high or you were just hoping for something else. Look inwards before throwing the blame at others first.

Azurel

Angel:

Please, come to our aid. We need your help.

LET OUR DmC POWERS COMBINE!

HAIR!

NEW ORIGIN!

ANGEL/DEMON STANCE!

OSIRIS!

ARBITER!

AQUILA!

ERYX!

GOOOOOOOO ANGEL!

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
First off I can barely make out what happens because of the garbage quality of the video. From what I saw the fight between Vergil and Dante looked pretty cool and wasn't a letdown what so ever, but I couldn't tell what the hell was going on dialogue wise. It was disappointing that neither Dante nor Vergil went into full demon mode, but I can't win them all.
I understand that you don't like the ending but who are you to declare this ending lower quality?
There's also the possibility that your expectations were simply too high or you were just hoping for something else. Look inwards before throwing the blame at others first.
When NT goes on and literally brags about how "deep" the story in DmC is supposed to be, I expect a pretty damn good ending to finish of this "epic" tale. But no, nothing of sort happened. It was a cliche and lame ending.

Gbraga

No, really, this is not a matter of high expectations, that ending was just lazy writing. "So he fights Vergil in an emotional battle to determine the future of mankind!!!"

"AWESOME! NOW WHAT?"

"Now the game ends and that's it"

"WOOOOAH AWESOME!!!!"

Paexie

Honestly NT's stories are way more about the journey than the end result. I've felt half done with HS and Enslaved... I expected there to be an aversion in this game but oh well.

Time to get me some pizza.
tumblr_mgfklhJtyG1s2bk7do1_500.gif

Dominus

Honestly NT's stories are way more about the journey than the end result. I've felt half done with HS and Enslaved... I expected there to be an aversion in this game but oh well.
But this was the first time NT wrote the story correct? I recall reading they hired someone else to write Heavenly Sword and Enslaved (correct me if I'm wrong)??

Paexie

When NT goes on and literally brags about how "deep" the story in DmC is supposed to be, I expect a pretty damn good ending to finish of this "epic" tale. But no, nothing of sort happened. It was a cliche and lame ending.
Where are the cliches? The setup has been done before but the execution wasn't as cliche as it could have been honestly.

chocolatepanda

VIRGIL LIVES AND NT SUCKS AT STORIES
You cant judge a story from the ending-.- Do you just skip to the back of a book and read the ending and go "this is complete crap!". Did you want Virgil to die? I know i didnt i mean its Virgil so why kill em off

I knew thats how things would turn out. I didnt think Virgil would randomly become evil and attack Dante i figured that had to have major disagreement to fight about.. It looked like it was on Devil Hunter or Human difficulty (think thats the one below Nephilim) which to me isnt normal mode, Nephilim is normal mode while Devil hunter is for people new to the game. Anyway back to the ending, did anyone else notice his eyes were glowing different colors? One was red and the other was blue.

It seems like one of 2 things will happen now, we'll get more story through dlc or a DmC 2 possibly with both character playable on disc if the Virgil dlc doesnt kill em off.

Top Bottom