• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

TheRebelliousDevil

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Vergil profile says Vergil wants more power because he feels bad that he couldn't save his mother. He wants power to protect his loved ones.

That is my version! :D

TheRebelliousDevil once said:
Maybe Vergil wanted to be the one to avenge his mother's death by killing Mundus, but didn't have enough power? That might be the reason he wanted the legendary power. He lost, was too weak and succumbed to Mundus.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
You might have known it but I told it since I didn't do it before, and how could I know that you remember how Vergil exactly behaves after the fall?
I don't know.

I don't think Vergil was that stupid to attack Mundus without his father's sword, which is the only weapon that can defeat Mundus and unseal the portal. Vergil even said "If my father did it, I should be able to do it too!"
He left Force Edge to Dante. He unsheathed Yamato to face off against Mundus.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think to some extent everybody knew Vergil wanted power to protect his loved ones. But it wasn't until UMvC3 that, that theory was confirmed.

TheRebelliousDevil

He left Force Edge to Dante. He unsheathed Yamato to face off against Mundus.

I know that, you just did what I did to you without knowing just before - you told me what I already know, but this time probably knowing that I know that. I have beaten the game at least 10 times literally :D I just told that was a stupid move - trying to face one you cannot defeat and believing you can. Why did Vergil leave Force Edge to Dante anyway? He might have just jumped off the ledge with it.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Plus it was as if accepting defeat. "You won, I won't say it, but take the sword as proof" - sth like that.

TheRebelliousDevil

It wouldn't change a thing if he'd brought Force Edge with him, since Dante would still have his amulet.

He could kill Mundus and rule the Underworld until he finds a way to open the gates to the Human World. Vergil believed he could do it, and that means a lot. It's a 100% possible thing.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That's only your opinion;)

Personally I feel both Vergil and Dante were far too weak to stand a chance against Mundus. The Force Edge didn't give Vergil so much additional power that he would be able to beat Mundus. DMC3 Dante is stronger than DMC3 Vergil with the Force Edge. DMC3 Dante is weaker than DMC1 Dante. DMC1 Dante needed the Sparda and eventually the help of Trish to banish Mundus. Thus by that logic, I believe DMC3 Vergil was kinda "asking" for it when he charged up against Mundus..

D-Sparda

He could kill Mundus and rule the Underworld until he finds a way to open the gates to the Human World. Vergil believed he could do it, and that means a lot. It's a 100% possible thing.
How could he killed Mundus back then? Even DMC1 Dante didn't managed to kill him.

Railazel

I'd like to see vergil once again in a dmc game,but not in a prequel but in a sequel which continues the story from where dmc 2 left it...

That wouldn't be a confirmation because its non- canon.

I ain't gonna lie, I thought that was true until I replayed Mission 20 and re- read the dialogue between Dante and Vergil, and the secret cutscene where Vergil fights Mundus.

All in all, Vergil doesn't care about humans at all, he just wanted to be like Sparda. If you think about it, the whole "I want to protect the people I love" theory sort of gets dropped by the fact that (1) he almost kills his own brother and (2) sets up a plan that could've ended the world, placing the life of his loved ones at extreme risk.

Ultimately, Vergil's the power- hungry villain he was portrayed to be.

TheRebelliousDevil

Yes, he could harm Mundus while weakened and with Force Edge and one Amulet.

Force Edge is a plus, the fact he's weakened is a minus and one amulet gives nothing, but belief in yourself is a big plus. Don't underestimate the power of Vergil.

In DMC3's gameplay, Vergil, if controlled by a person, is in all terms much stronger than Dante, especially if he uses his Flying Swords all the time. Is Mundus actually so damn powerful? How can he be if he has almost no purpose of conquering the Human World?

How could he killed Mundus back then? Even DMC1 Dante didn't managed to kill him.

If we'd compare the gameplay Dante of DMC3 with DMC1, DMC3 Dante would win because DMC1 is an old game and DMC1 Dante doesn't have as much attacks as DMC3 Dante, even if he's older and much more experienced.
Vergil does stand a chance against Mundus, but he was weakened. He holds awesome power indeed and has a greater purpose than Mundus.
I'm not even much of a Vergil fan. Dante is my favorite character :)

D-Sparda

Force Edge is a plus, the fact he's weakened is a minus and one amulet gives nothing, but belief in yourself is a big plus. Don't underestimate the power of Vergil.
Dante's amulet+Vergil's amulet+Force Edge= the Sparda. Using the Sparda is better than using the Force Edge on Mundus.

He believed in himself and he still lost.

Full health Vergil would still lose to Mundus.

In DMC3's gameplay, Vergil, if controlled by a person, is in all terms much stronger than Dante, especially if he uses his Flying Swords all the time. Is Mundus actually so damn powerful? How can he be if he has almost no purpose of conquering the Human World?
What are you getting at?

If we'd compare the gameplay Dante of DMC3 with DMC1, DMC3 Dante would win because DMC1 is an old game and DMC1 Dante doesn't have as much attacks as DMC3 Dante, even if he's older and much more experienced.
Vergil does stand a chance against Mundus, but he was weakened. He holds awesome power indeed and has a greater purpose than Mundus.
I'm not even much of a Vergil fan. Dante is my favorite character :)
The gameplay argument is irrelevant because logically, DMC1 Dante is more powerful than DMC3 Dante. If your not convince, then imagine DMC3's gameplay in DMC1.

TheRebelliousDevil

Dante's amulet+Vergil's amulet+Force Edge= the Sparda. Using the Sparda is better than using the Force Edge on Mundus.

I know that already, why do you tell me things I already know? I told you before I finished DMC3 nearly countless times.

He believed in himself and he still lost.

Full health Vergil would still lose to Mundus.
That is not clear. You never saw him fight Mundus with full health.

What are you getting at?
Mundus has little-to-none actual purpose of conquering the Human World, and Vergil had a greater purpose. Plus no one knows if Vergil wanted to conquer the Human World, as he wanted the power so that he could protect those he couldn't or sth.

The gameplay argument is irrelevant because logically, DMC1 Dante is more powerful than DMC3 Dante. If your not convince, then imagine DMC3's gameplay in DMC1.

Logically.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Βy that logic, if super Mario takes the invincibility star thing, he could whipe the floor with Mundus' faceXD
Because in Super Mario Gameplay that makes him immortal and super powerful.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Βy that logic, if super Mario takes the invincibility star thing, he could whipe the floor with Mundus' faceXD
Because in Super Mario Gameplay that makes him immortal and super powerful.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18863_5-reasons-bowser-most-successful-video-game-character.html4
If he can't beat bowser he can't beat mundus
Besides robotnik beats them all
(Really sonic fans are saying Robotnik outspeeds sonic due to the fact he gets away at the end of each level

Top Bottom