• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Nope how can say that kamiya doesn't even hold rights for Devil may cry anymore

and the story we're talking about it DMC3-2 which is considered the original canon storyline others such as novels which conflicts with game's storyline are simply considered non-canon only games are considered canon and original not alternate its just ridiculous if you say that it was alternate version than in that sense whole DMC3 is alternate prequel to DMC series
Rights over game does not decide what is the original and what's the alternative.
For example if rights over a game decided who were the character "Dante", then you could make a chicken holding a gun the character Dante.
You could say "This chicken with a gun is Dante".

But you Donte would say "No, that's not Dante! That's a chicken with a gun!".
Which proves that creators ideas are over rights.

People may be biased about things. For example if Hideki Kamiya came out and said "Here is the actual Vergil story", i would say accept it. Why? Because he's the creator.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Still, wouldn't the novel be the original story of Vergil, and DMC 3 being the alternative version?
Because i assume Hideki left Capcom after DMC 1, so they had to come up with a alternative story.

I prefer that story to DMC3 by far. Not that I do not love DMC3 as well. In a way it is the original yup. It also shows the origins of "For Tony Redgrave by .45 Artwarks" inscription on Dante's guns which is kinda cool.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I prefer that story to DMC3 by far. Not that I do not love DMC3 as well. In a way it is the original yup. It also shows the origins of "For Tony Redgrave by .45 Artwarks" inscription on Dante's guns which is kinda cool.
Let's say that you didn't like the novel story of Vergil at all. You hated it. Would you honestly view it as "original" ?

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
i do agree with cooldemon that hedeki had other ideas for vergil and since dmc 3 isnt his story. apart from that getting back to the power incident. donte vergil did have a purpose sure he forgot about his mother and how she died in the past but he didnt forget how he and his brother were to weak to save her or their father died a while ago and wasnt there to save them. this is why vergil wants power never to see that day again.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Rights over game does not decide what is the original and what's the alternative.
For example if righ ator.

For me I just follow the canon storyline given by authorised owners (Capcom) all the characters are owned by Capcom so how can hideki kamiya make a new Vergil story and still sell that game ?? he'll get arrested for copyright infringement act for stealing content owned by (Capcom) that would be sad to see though

1) When kamiya made DMC1 he didn't have any ideas for the character more than that he's a brother of dante and he got corrupted/controlled by (unknown) reasons which kamiya never ever though since he only aforethought for a sequel not a prequel and since he's a dead character in DMC1 he has no ideas or back story for him he would have had a very different way for DMC2 probably better than the one we know then DMC3 might never had happened

and btw do you consider DMC3 non-canon ?? you do not consider it to be the exact prequel but an after-image of what really happened ?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Let's say that you didn't like the novel story of Vergil at all. You hated it. Would you honestly view it as "original" ?

I've known that particular approach towards Dante before opening the DMC shop to be the true one for years, before DMC3 came. It also came along with DMC1 which proved (then) its credibility. Of course it's the original, even though it's not the "official" that Capcom supports ;)

Whether I like it or not, that does not change.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
For me I just follow the canon storyline given by authorised owners (Capcom) all the characters are owned by Capcom so how can hideki kamiya make a new Vergil story and still sell that game ?? he'll get arrested for copyright infringement act for stealing content owned by (Capcom) that would be sad to see though

1) When kamiya made DMC1 he didn't have any ideas for the character more than that he's a brother of dante and he got corrupted/controlled by (unknown) reasons which kamiya never ever though since he only aforethought for a sequel not a prequel and since he's a dead character in DMC1 he has no ideas or back story for him he would have had a very different way for DMC2 probably better than the one we know then DMC3 might never had happened

and btw do you consider DMC3 non-canon ?? you do not consider it to be the exact prequel but an after-image of what really happened ?
We don't know if Hideki had story of Vergil ready or not. That we never know. But Hideki is the creator, and if he presented a story of Vergil that story would be above DMC 3 story. Why you might ask? Because creators have the power to influence people's perceptions where as publishers only have the right over the game.
That a publisher has the right over a game means noone else can use it's ideas to earn money. It does not mean that because Capcom says "This is Dante, this is the story" that it is something we must accept.
Donte, you don't like NT's Dante. What if Capcom said "This Dante from DmC is Dante from DMC", would you accept that just because Capcom has the rights over the game?

I wouldn't.

And i am not saying Hideki should make a Vergil game with his story. I am saying that if Hideki had the story for Vergil layed out before DMC 3 was released, then he would look at DMC 3 and think "That's alternative story of Vergil, the original resides in my head".

I've known that particular approach towards Dante before opening the DMC shop to be the true one for years, before DMC3 came. It also came along with DMC1 which proved (then) its credibility. Of course it's the original, even though it's not the "official" that Capcom supports ;)

Whether I like it or not, that does not change.
We think alike then :) You know that means for you Tony? That your as awesome as ME!
hahaha just joking.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well lets this clear this guys ! Its just us Fans who just won't accept what the story implies instead we make out own fan-fic to make it better We all know what vergil did and yet why we can't accept him to be just power hungry for no reason ?? he didn't say the reason did he ? is that implied anywhere in the story of DMC3 ??

NO ! then why we fans can't just accept him to be "only power hungry" why we need to add "He loved his mother blah blah fan-fic ?" its just pointless its only dante who showed any kind of human emotions throughout the series even when vergil lost he just jumped showing almost No emotions at all ! he was just smiling as if he's getting a V.I.P treatment in hell

vergil showing contemptment and taking resolutions for power its impossible and it isn't really indicated in the story from the beginning till the end and if you guys can realise the ending on why vergil really lost because he didn't have any proper goal to achieve his mind was confused that's why ! see he's just seeking power for no reason yes he may have remorse for his mother but it not the real reason for his power hungriness

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well lets this clear this guys ! Its just us Fans who just won't accept what the story implies instead we make out own fan-fic to make it better We all know what vergil did and yet why we can't accept him to be just power hungry for no reason ?? he didn't say the reason did he ? is that implied anywhere in the story of DMC3 ??

NO ! then why we fans can't just accept him to be "only power hungry" why we need to add "He loved his mother blah blah fan-fic ?" its just pointless its only dante who showed any kind of human emotions throughout the series even when vergil lost he just jumped showing almost No emotions at all ! he was just smiling as if he's getting a V.I.P treatment in hell

vergil showing contemptment and taking resolutions for power its impossible and it isn't really indicated in the story from the beginning till the end and if you guys can realise the ending on why vergil really lost because he didn't have any proper goal to achieve his mind was confused that's why ! see he's just seeking power for no reason yes he may have remorse for his mother but it not the real reason for his power hungriness
I don't try to make fan fic. I try to understand Vergil's character.

Because Vergil is half human. And humans actions often are often result of something.
When i go to a shop/store, i don't go there for nothing.

I just don't walk there randomly. There is VERY OFTEN a reason.
Perhaps i go there to watch all the vegetables and fruits.
Tobuy food.
To go into the store to avoid someone.

And Vergil did not come off to me as a bad and merciless brother in DMC 3.

And in the end Vergil was born before Dante.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Its unfortunate that kamiya left but DMC series isn't uncanonised to itself just because creator of the original game left its still is strictly following and expanding the story in form of games but you're calling the stories are fake just because the team behind the first game isn't making those games even though they're following the same story legally and officially you do not consider it

I think its just a though a story which was left by kamiya which is uncalled for and that just over and then someone else comes and expands the same story (abandoned by the creator)

And it is legitimate to be called original because original creator abandoned it .

TBH if DMC3 wasn't as great as it is DMC would be already dead

and my above reply is to another guy who was talking about vergil's motive for power :p

But in DMC3 it isn't implied anywhere so its just Fan-fic

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Its unfortunate that kamiya left but DMC series isn't uncanonised to itself just because creator of the original game left its still is strictly following and expanding the story in form of games but you're calling the stories are fake just because the team behind the first game isn't making those games even though they're following the same story legally and officially you do not consider it

I think its just a though a story which was left by kamiya which is uncalled for and that just over and then someone else comes and expands the same story (abandoned by the creator)

And it is legitimate to be called original because original creator abandoned it .

TBH if DMC3 wasn't as great as it is DMC would be already dead

and my above reply is to another guy who was talking about vergil's motive for power :p

But in DMC3 it isn't implied anywhere so its just Fan-fic
Well as i said it depends on what you follow:
1. Paper that says "We have rights over game"
2. Creator's law

Of course if Hideki hadn't had the ideas for Vergil's story then it would make DMC 3's story of Vergil original. Because Hideki never thought of the story, the story haven't been made.

But it depends on what you follow. If you follow Capcom having the right of the game, they could then by that logic call a chicken with gun for offical Dante.
And you would then not be able to say "No, that's not right".

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To be fair CD isn't saying that he doesn't consider DMC3 to be canon or that he dislikes it.

He tries to say that he views anything created by the creator of the first DMC as original content. It's his opinion. He doesn't try to pass it as a fact to everyone.

At the same time he knows and accepts that DMC3 is the official young Dante/Vergil backstory by Capcom.

Two different things whatsoever.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
To be fair CD isn't saying that he doesn't consider DMC3 to be canon or that he dislikes it.

He tries to say that he views anything created by the creator of the first DMC as original content. It's his opinion. He doesn't try to pass it as a fact to everyone.

At the same time he knows and accepts that DMC3 is the official young Dante/Vergil backstory by Capcom.

Two different things whatsoever.
DMC 3 was first and last game i bought :p I even paid expensive money for it. That's how much i wanted it lol.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
And seeing as it gets released again (HD) you're probably going to get it again, right? XD I bought it two times as well.
Yes. I was pretty passive player when it came to the gameplay.

I was more a Dante fan. But i really loved the gameplay as well.

But next time i buy DMC 3 i will aim to become pro. And i will start the game with hardest difficulty.

But i have a problem, i don't feel like pro if i have to watch Youtube tutorials on how to do great combos.
I am the kind of player who wants to find my own way of becoming pro.

I say this because i might fail in my quest :p But if i succeed ....the taste of success will be 1000x better :D
It's like i told Angel, she struggles with certain things (in games), it's good to struggle. It makes achievements so much better.

TheRebelliousDevil

Devil May Cry 3 is my favorite DMC game, and I consider it a full-fledged part of the series, despite the change of creators. I know that CAPCOM is CAPCOM, and that it will do its best to create a game, and that I will like the game, even if I think giving up a reboot to Ninja Theory's hands is a mistake. Resident Evil 6 and Operation RC are coming, and Devil May Cry is actually a tiny part of it, as DMC emerged from RE.
I still think Vergil had some sort of a purpose till the very end of his fall, otherwise he wouldn't have achieved ANYTHING, wouldn't have gained ANY power, just the inborn one. He failed simply because Dante had a greater purpose. Not even Force Edge could help Vergil :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Devil May Cry 3 is my favorite DMC game, and I consider it a full-fledged part of the series, despite the change of creators. I know that CAPCOM is CAPCOM, and that it will do its best to create a game, and that I will like the game, even if I think giving up a reboot to Ninja Theory's hands is a mistake. Resident Evil 6 and Operation RC are coming, and Devil May Cry is actually a tiny part of it, as DMC emerged from RE.
I still think Vergil had some sort of a purpose till the very end of his fall, otherwise he wouldn't have achieved ANYTHING, wouldn't have gained ANY power, just the inborn one. He failed simply because Dante had a greater purpose. Not even Force Edge could help Vergil :)
I don't know if DMC 3 is a version or not. But from what Tony says based on the novel which is supported by Hideki who created DMC, the story of Vergil is different than the one in DMC 3.

But DMC 3 story of Vergil is not bad. But it all depends on how you look at things.

Do you accept other medias?
Do you go by rights?
or Do you go by creator?

I go by creator and it seems the less flawed choice.

TheRebelliousDevil

Good question. It's pretty hard to decide, but I think I don't really care, so I go by both. With Devil May Cry 3 being such a pure awesomeness that other games can't compare with, which makes DMC3 my no. 2 best game of all time, I go even more by rights.
No one forces me to like the original one, directed by Hideki Kamiya, the most. The same series? Yes. Same director? Who cares, as long as the game is at least great and has many likenesses. Same japanese developer? Yes - CAPCOM. That's all I need.

But DmC... DmC violates the "same japanese developer" and "same director (almost no likeness to DMC series)" steps, so I won't bother giving the new game a cent, even if it'll be great.

Hellsong95

Nothing is as ever as it seems
I believe vergil wanted power because, its power. Which baddie doesn't want that kind of power? With the power of the underworld he could control the world adn bring it to it's knees once more and continue the legacy Mundus left off. Sparda was a hero. Mundus started the whole thing and resided in the Temen-Ni-Gru.

Top Bottom