• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yes he is but he forgot something and he was driven but chaotic emotions
I'm afraid Vergil had reason for wanting power. The story of DMC 1 told us about a Vergil who were controlled by Mundus - so they might had the ideas to show the story of Vergil eventually.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm afraid Vergil had reason for wanting power. The story of DMC 1 told us about a Vergil who were controlled by Mundus - so they might had the ideas to show the story of Vergil eventually.

Its assumable he was all weakened and powerless and he also fell into the underworld and eventually was killed and reanimated by mundus as seen in super evil vergil costume
44448.jpg

he has a white pale face much like a dead person and violet lines in his face that means he was probably tortured to give up i don't think a honourable person like vergil would giveup so easily

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Its assumable he was all weakened and powerless and he also fell into the underworld and eventually was killed and reanimated by mundus as seen in super evil vergil costume
44448.jpg

he has a white pale face much like a dead person and violet lines in his face that means he was probably tortured to give up i don't think a honourable person like vergil would giveup so easily
Only Hideki and the people who worked with Hideki on DMC 1 story knows what happened to Vergil.

DMC 3 Vergil is just a alternative Vergil (though he's very bad ass).

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
What are you kidding me ?? its a prequel to DMC 1 dude !!
DMC 3 is a prequel that's foundation is based on DMC 1. But DMC 3 seems to be a version of Vergil's fall by new people at Capcom that hadn't worked with DMC before.

I wish i knew if Hideki had a major role in DMC's story or who did. But i am pretty sure DMC 3 is just a version of Vergil's fall.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
At end of DMC 3 : Vergil jumped into demon world, and met a demon (Mundus?) and lost to him - his fall.

Seems to be ??? its officially a prequel of DMC1 it doesn't matter who made it its still remains the same story it isn't something alternate like comics it fits 1000% in DMC1's story

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Seems to be ??? its officially a prequel of DMC1 it doesn't matter who made it its still remains the same story it isn't something alternate like comics it fits 1000% in DMC1's story
It contains stuff from DMC 1 story but as i said i see it only as an alternative version of Vergil's fall.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It contains stuff from DMC 1 story but as i said i see it only as an alternative version of Vergil's fall.

Alternate ?? how is it alternate ??? its published by Capcom and is considered true perquel of DMC1's story who said its alternate ? in DMC 4 history shows that its 100 canon see here :-
if it was just alternate it won't show it in DMC history

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Alternate ?? how is it alternate ??? its published by Capcom and is considered true perquel of DMC1's story who said its alternate ? in DMC 4 history shows that its 100 canon see here :-
if it was just alternate it won't show it in DMC history
Well:
1) Whoever were the source of Vergil's story has within his or her mind the story of Vergil's fall. The original one. And that person MUST have been part of DMC 1 story.

2) If the story of Vergil had not been thought out in the slightest form which is ideas - then that would make DMC 3 the only Vergil's fall story and by default make it the original story.

But if someone who had the ideas for Vergil's story and helped bring Vergil into DMC 1's story wasn't part of DMC 3 (such as Hideki Kamiya) - then in a sense the true original story of Vergil is in that person's head, and not the one we see in DMC 3.

I don't think the people responsible for DMC 1 story added Vergil into the story and thought "We'll just put a guy named Vergil into the story, and not have ideas on why he's in the story".
Obviously Vergil before he met Dante in DMC 1 had fallen and therefor become a puppet for Mundus, but how he fell exists only in the person who came up with the idea of Vergil.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

in the end he is normal more mature and wearing DMC1 dante's clothes and he also has the force edge as equipment now as he uses it in DMC1 as his primary weapon and finally he names his shop "Devil may cry" and after 7 years or so DMC1 happens how are you calling it an alternate version that doesn't make any sense to me

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well:
1ergil.

Man you're all talking about ideas it doesn't matters ideas are scrapped snapped as i write its just an idea and btw do you know the original creator who made original light bulp ??? then the one the light bulp's you're using should not be considered as original even though its from a trustworthy brand not because of quality because he didn't "Create" that bulp :D

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
in the end he is normal more mature and wearing DMC1 dante's clothes and he also has the force edge as equipment now as he uses it in DMC1 as his primary weapon and finally he names his shop "Devil may cry" and after 7 years or so DMC1 happens how are you calling it an alternate version that doesn't make any sense to me
Let me explain it in a other way.
DMC 3 is tied to DMC 1. DMC 3 story builds on the foundation of DMC 1's story.
But let's say Hideki were the one who had all the ideas for DMC story ok? That Hideki had idea plans to explain Vergil's story after DMC 1 because in DMC 1 we see Vergil dying. We asked ourself "How did Vergil become Mundus's puppet?".

We know Vergil lost to Mundus - that's a fact we know from DMC 1. But what we don't know is how that happened. What did Vergil do before he encountered Mundus?
So if Hideki was the creator of Vergil as well - then the DMC 3 story of Vergil is just a alternative story of Vergil's fall.

MY POINT: Whoever created the character Vergil and put him into the story of DMC 1 is the source of Vergil's true story. However, if that person never had thought out details of how Vergil lost to Mundus - then yes DMC 3 would be the "original story" of Vergil's fall. But if the Vergil source (creator) knew the details of how Vergil lost to Mundus, then it would make DMC 3 story of how Vergil meets Dante and then goes into demon world and loses to Mundus a alternative version.

IN DMC 1When Vergil's demon hornskullhead disappears and we see his face, Dante does not react. He doesn't say "VERGIL?!?". And after Vergil is defeated Dante picks up the amulet and we hear a music that goes great with Dante's thoughts "That was Vergil".

PERHAPS In the original Vergil story, Dante and Vergil never clashed. That Vergil lost to Mundus without Dante knowing.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well:
1) Whoever were the source of Vergil's story has within his or her mind the story of Vergil's fall. The original one. And that person MUST have been part of DMC 1 story.

2) If the story of Vergil had not been thought out in the slightest form which is ideas - then that would make DMC 3 the only Vergil's fall story and by default make it the original story.

But if someone who had the ideas for Vergil's story and helped bring Vergil into DMC 1's story wasn't part of DMC 3 (such as Hideki Kamiya) - then in a sense the true original story of Vergil is in that person's head, and not the one we see in DMC 3.

I don't think the people responsible for DMC 1 story added Vergil into the story and thought "We'll just put a guy named Vergil into the story, and not have ideas on why he's in the story".
Obviously Vergil before he met Dante in DMC 1 had fallen and therefor become a puppet for Mundus, but how he fell exists only in the person who came up with the idea of Vergil.

Well since before DMC3, the DMC1 novel was considered canon - apparently Hideki helped/approved the creator of the novel we can consider that "originally" Vergil "first" appearance was there, and he was already working for Mundus. Since he was abducted the day Eva died it's possible that they grew him to their side while Dante had no clue and believed Vergil had died along with his mother.

Also Donte sorry, but you're double-posting again. After countless warnings, get an official one.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well since before DMC3, the DMC1 novel was considered canon - apparently Hideki helped/approved the creator of the novel we can consider that "originally" Vergil "first" appearance was there, and he was already working for Mundus. Since he was abducted the day Eva died it's possible that they grew him to their side while Dante had no clue and believed Vergil had died along with his mother.

Also Donte sorry, but you're double-posting again. After countless warnings, get an official one.
Well that would make that novel story the original story of Vergil.

Let me say this to Donte and also you Tony:

You and i know Vergil mostly from DMC 3. We KNOW about him from that game's story.
But what if you were the source/creator of Vergil? Then you be the container of the real Vergil story, and wouldn't that then make DMC 3 story a alternative Vergil story?

That's how i see it. And if Hideki made Vergil and he supports the novel, then the novel is then the original story of Vergil?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective

Let me say this to Donte and also you Tony:

You and i know Vergil mostly from DMC 3. We KNOW about him from that game's story.
But what if you were the source/creator of Vergil? Then you be the container of the real Vergil story, and wouldn't that then make DMC 3 story a alternative Vergil story?

That's how i see it. And if Hideki made Vergil and he supports the novel, then the novel is then the original story of Vergil?

Well the novel is quite peculiar. It does show Vergil working as an agent of Mundus, trying to open a gate to the demon world to bring his master to Earth (of course he fails, and shortly afterwards Mundus creates Trish etc). So we don't get to learn why Vergil is like that. I mean whether he is possessed or having grown up with Mundus/other devils he helps them on his own accord.

The novel is mostly about Ebony & Ivory and how Dante thought the idea for his own shop etc. Vergil is the main antagonist but even though he is being awesome and we see him for how cool/clever he is, we never get any serious character development for him, sadly.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well the novel is quite peculiar. It does show Vergil working as an agent of Mundus, trying to open a gate to the demon world to bring his master to Earth (of course he fails, and shortly afterwards Mundus creates Trish etc). So we don't get to learn why Vergil is like that. I mean whether he is possessed or having grown up with Mundus/other devils he helps them on his own accord.

The novel is mostly about Ebony & Ivory and how Dante thought the idea for his own shop etc. Vergil is the main antagonist but even though he is being awesome and we see him for how cool/clever he is, we never get any serious character development for him, sadly.
Still, wouldn't the novel be the original story of Vergil, and DMC 3 being the alternative version?
Because i assume Hideki left Capcom after DMC 1, so they had to come up with a alternative story.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Nope how can say that kamiya doesn't even hold rights for Devil may cry anymore

and the story we're talking about it DMC3-2 which is considered the original canon storyline others such as novels which conflicts with game's storyline are simply considered non-canon only games are considered canon and original not alternate its just ridiculous if you say that it was alternate version than in that sense whole DMC3 is alternate prequel to DMC series

@Tony its unfair since i can't even edit my post after 1 minute so that mean i cannot even reply ?

Top Bottom