• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I know that already, why do you tell me things I already know? I told you before I finished DMC3 nearly countless times.
Because you don't seem to grasp the knowledge of hierarchy of power between Mundus and Vergil.

hat is not clear. You never saw him fight Mundus with full health.
Nor you.

Anyway, I already proved that Vergil would lose, unlike you who proved me nothing.

Mundus has little-to-none actual purpose of conquering the Human World, and Vergil had a greater purpose. Plus no one knows if Vergil wanted to conquer the Human World, as he wanted the power so that he could protect those he couldn't or sth.
So?

That doesn't prove the hypothetical victory of Vergil.

Railazel

As a reminder, Mundus wasn't at full power when he faced Dante. Two millenia's worth of being frozen in a statue can do that to ya.

TheRebelliousDevil

Because you don't seem to grasp the knowledge of hierarchy of power between Mundus and Vergil.

Nor you.

Anyway, I already proved that Vergil would lose, unlike you who proved me nothing.

Pff, you proved nothing yourself, because it still isn't clear. My first version was right about Vergil's purpose of obtaining power, and yours was wrong. Don't be wrong again, learn from your mistakes. Dante is Dante, Vergil is Vergil. They're are DIFFERENT and Vergil is stronger in terms of gameplay, and he would have a chance of beating Mundus with full health. If not, then at least with some help. Past is past, Vergil is dead, so why talk about something we'll probably never know?

So?

That doesn't prove the hypothetical victory of Vergil.

Keep telling that to yourself, keep being so self-confident and ignore everything I say and prove. Why am I even bothering with you? You were the one to jump towards me, not me.

D-Sparda

Your wrong. I know perfectly what I'm talking about.

Pff, you proved nothing yourself, because it still isn't clear.
You're just blind, that's all.
My first version was right about Vergil's purpose of obtaining power, and yours was wrong.
I don't give a damn, since it's not proving Vergil's victory over Mundus.
Don't be wrong again, learn from your mistakes.
In this thread alone you made several shameful mistakes. Apply your own advice too yourself.
Dante is Dante, Vergil is Vergil. They're are DIFFERENT and Vergil is stronger in terms of gameplay, and he would have a chance of beating Mundus with full health. If not, then at least with some help.
Royal guard style is stronger than Dark Slayer style.

You still got no evidences to prove that he would win in full health.

What help? Sparda's family?
Past is past, Vergil is dead, so why talk about something we'll probably never know?
Why bother responding all this time, if it's that what you think.

Keep telling that to yourself, keep being so self-confident and ignore everything I say and prove.
You seem mad.
Why am I even bothering with you? You were the one to jump towards me, not me.
Because you want to win.

TheRebelliousDevil

Your wrong. I know perfectly what I'm talking about.
Doesn't seem like it. You're just blind, that's all. Proof:
YouR wrong.
Let me fix that:
You're wrong.
You're just blind, that's all.
No, you're pretending to be a wiseguy. Don't try and refute that. Your theories are hypothetical, you proved nothing. CAPCOM knows, and you don't work for CAPCOM now, do you?
I don't give a damn, since it's not proving Vergil's victory over Mundus.
It's like you proved something, but you didn't since it's not proving too. You only GUESSED, how can you possibly prove your theories to be so assuredly right? You're being too self-confident. Even your previous version was shamefully WRONG.
In this thread alone you made several shameful mistakes. Apply your own advice too yourself.
In this thread alone? Come on then, show some mistakes from other threads. Oh you won't? Of course not - there aren't any. And if I did some mistakes in this thread, they really aren't shameful... compared to your mistakes, e.g. your prev. version about Vergil's purposes.
Royal guard style is stronger than Dark Slayer style.
We're not talking about styles here. If I controlled fully upgraded Vergil and you controlled fully upgraded Dante, I'd certainly win if my gaming skills were both equal or even worse than yours in battle. Vergil can have 3 melee weapons at a time, BTW, and can even cast his Spiral Swords all the time.
You still got no evidences to prove that he would win in full health.
What makes you think you have at least more? He certainly would during gameplay. I'm not even trying to prove he'd win during a cut-scene.
What help? Sparda's family?
I'm sure he would have gained some help (if battling within the Human World) because he learned a lot from Dante after their final battle. His character changed at least somewhat.
Why bother responding all this time, if it's that what you think.
Because you started it and someone has to finish it.
You seem mad.
You just don't know how to respond.
Because you want to win.
"Victory is my destiny." I'm sure you're the one "dying" for victory here.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Guys your killing this thread :p So before you guys argue any more ask yourself "What would Vergil say if he saw you guys arguing?".

ANSWER: 4:09
Replace name DAnte with your usernames :p

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC:
In the same video at (ABOVE) Vergil says

"Might controlls everything. And without strength you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself".
This supports the conclusion that Vergil wanted power (i guess in beginning) because he didn't want to see people around him dying (his mother).

D-Sparda

I read your post and you still haven't proved me that Vergil would win.

You say that I was just guessing, but you are wrong.

I made logical deductions to prove his potential defeat against Mundus.

Why are you talking about the gameplay like it would change Vergil's destiny?

I'm sure he would have gained some help (if battling within the Human World) because he learned a lot from Dante after their final battle. His character changed at least somewhat.
The problem is that he is fighting in Hell.

Tell me TheRebelliousDevil, what did he learned from Dante?

Guys your killing this thread :p So before you guys argue any more ask yourself "What would Vergil say if he saw you guys arguing?".

ANSWER: 4:09
I don't know for you CoolDemon, but it's more easy to kill than to protect.

As for 4:09, Nelo Angelo would like to talk with you Vergil.

TheRebelliousDevil

I read your post and you still haven't proved me that Vergil would win.
Just in gameplay. Mundus is powerful but not as nearly as Sparda. If Vergil's father did it, he might have done it too using all means IMO.
You say that I was just guessing, but you are wrong.
I made logical deductions to prove his potential defeat against Mundus.
Err... prove his defeat? Vergil was defeated, but your logical deductions about him losing with full health don't mean anything as long as CAPCOM doesn't say "Vergil couldn't have defeated Mundus even if he had been in his full vitality". It's not up to us to decide. For example, this thread is about the reasons of Vergil's goal of achieving his father's power. I had my version of why he wants it, just like others. And then one guy came here and "BAM!" he posts the whole truth about it, approved by CAPCOM, which happens to be my version.
You can prove, guess, argue, but there's a big chance you might either miss or hit.
Why are you talking about the gameplay like it would change Vergil's destiny?
Because DMC is much richer in gameplay than in story. Gameplay is pretty much what DMC's famous for. It doesn't change Vergil's destiny though.
The problem is that he is fighting in Hell.
Once again, that I know :D
Tell me TheRebelliousDevil, what did he learned from Dante?
First of all, let me fix that:
Tell me TheRebelliousDevil, what did he learn from Dante?
After the final battle, when Vergil succumbs to Dante, he asks himself "Am I... being defeated?" like he's accepting defeat. Also, when Vergil's amulet falls into the water, it's clear he realizes he will never have Sparda's power, but still takes the amulet with himself so Dante couldn't have it, even if Dante doesn't want it. As Dante defeated Vergil, Vergil chose to live and stay in Hell rather than to die while attempting to get the power. It seems that Vergil's desire wasn't so heavy after all, or maybe it always was but not after their struggle. Vergil came to his mind when Dante defeated him, so he had gained wisdom from his brother and kind of learned that power isn't the most important thing. Either way, Dante affected him in a positive way. Vergil might had even told himself in his mind the contradictory to the 4:09 part of the video.
I don't know for you CoolDemon, but it's more easy to kill than to protect.

As for 4:09, Nelo Angelo would like to talk with you Vergil.
That's true, but I didn't understand the "Nelo Angelo would like to talk with you, Vergil" part.

And now an answer for all of you:
6:13 of the video.

D-Sparda

Just in gameplay. Mundus is powerful but not as nearly as Sparda. If Vergil's father did it, he might have done it too using all means IMO.
Using all means? Like what?

Err... prove his defeat? Vergil was defeated, but your logical deductions about him losing with full health don't mean anything as long as CAPCOM doesn't say "Vergil couldn't have defeated Mundus even if he had been in his full vitality". It's not up to us to decide. For example, this thread is about the reasons of Vergil's goal of achieving his father's power. I had my version of why he wants it, just like others. And then one guy came here and "BAM!" he posts the whole truth about it, approved by CAPCOM, which happens to be my version.
You can prove, guess, argue, but there's a big chance you might either miss or hit.
I doubt that Capcom would say something about the whole Vergil(full health) vs Mundus subject.

Because DMC is much richer in gameplay than in story. Gameplay is pretty much what DMC's famous for. It doesn't change Vergil's destiny though.
Ok.

Once again, that I know :D
Déjà vu all over again.

First of all, let me fix that:
After the final battle, when Vergil succumbs to Dante, he asks himself "Am I... being defeated?" like he's accepting defeat. Also, when Vergil's amulet falls into the water, it's clear he realizes he will never have Sparda's power, but still takes the amulet with himself so Dante couldn't have it, even if Dante doesn't want it. As Dante defeated Vergil, Vergil chose to live and stay in Hell rather than to die while attempting to get the power. It seems that Vergil's desire wasn't so heavy after all, or maybe it always was but not after their struggle. Vergil came to his mind when Dante defeated him, so he had gained wisdom from his brother and kind of learned that power isn't the most important thing. Either way, Dante affected him in a positive way. Vergil might had even told himself in his mind the contradictory to the 4:09 part of the video.
I see.

That's true, but I didn't understand the "Nelo Angelo would like to talk with you, Vergil" part.

And now an answer for all of you:
6:13 of the video.
What I meant is that he was foolish enough to jump in the depths of Hell while weakened from his fight against Dante. Then he decided to fight against Mundus without Sparda's power(he didn't have choice anyway)while claiming that he could do it like his father. What happened? He became a mindless knight for ten years. Also I would like to add the moment he said: "This place was our father's home". Home or not, Sparda was hated(and still is) by the demons, after his rebellion. So Vergil would have to endlessly fight against legions of demons without any rest. Unless by a miracle, he would manage to make some demons rally with him.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Dante has a purpose - his business. Why should one live with constant battles in his life that only resemble the loss of his father and mother? Vergil wanted to relive Sparda's life, he respected his father the most and wanted to be just like him, but obtaining his power wouldn't give satisfactory results. Sparda had a heart, and the true way of being like him is to be like Dante. Vergil changed his hair style into that of Sparda, but what use is to change your outer appearance when your inner one is different? Eventually Dante, unlike Vergil, understood the whole meaning of life and became even stronger than Sparda ever was.

I thought Vergil hated his father for rebelling against the demons and siding with the humans?

well his father died when he was a kid and wasnt their to protect his wife and children. eva died and that might have been a huge impact on vergil at a very young age so i think he wants so much power so that he wouldnt see that day ever again in his life maybe.

Is there any proof that Sparda actually died?

That's kinda hard to accept. Because that would kinda make Vergil a reasonless zombie.
And Vergil is pretty intelligent.

Not according to Ultimate MvsC3

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
LOL if i were you i would stay off those wikia's they are non-canon fan-based crap it isn't relaible or official
yeah but way back in an interview of dmc 3 when it was released they said the exact same thing that sparda died when they were young. im trying to find that interview it was back in 2005

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He did die. Prologue in DMC1 states his death. Dante's speech after Griffon dies implies that he only knew Sparda through Eva's stories. So there you have it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
He did die. Prologue in DMC1 states his death. Dante's speech after Griffon dies implies that he only knew Sparda through Eva's stories. So there you have it.

I think Sparda coming back and fighting dante would make an epic ending for DMC saga don't you think ?? like in the end dante has to face the Sparda and nero has to face resurrected vergil that would be something cool if capcom manages to bring vergil&sparda back somehow

extra life

live dt demonstration
vergil lost to dante in dmc3 final mission. why do you think he left force edge and challenged mundus? pride,i guess. he was really shook up at the end cutscene:

'am i... being defeaten?'

he decided to fight mundus in all or nothing suicide mission the way it seams to me. maybe he was fed up off it all,his long pursue for power,making himself beleive he was invincible,only to be defeaten by his unworthy brother. pride takes another victim. in full strength,with clear mind,seriously,who knows what would happen.

and tehnically,if we'd bring the in game characters,vergil and dante to their absolute potencial,no one would be hurt,no one would win or lose,it could last forever without damage due to the invincibility frames in both that can counter any style. it is a game,you can't compare it to the story. in story,the way i see it,dante was at the begining superceded by vergil,even killed untill it unlocked his devil trigger. that is how dante 'defies logics' and evens with vergil. in the end,though,somehow,dante wipes the floor with vergil. why?

'you surrendered your humanity,its that simple' - dmc4,dante vs agnus

and i beleive vergil's real reason for seeking power is of course,to protect those around him,take control and rule.

'might controls everything. and without it,you cannot save anyone let alone YOURSELF.'

seeing death of those around him,he felt life as worthless and decided to CONTROL EVERYTHING one day. he might have admired his father due to his grand achievements. as being his son,he might have wanted to finish where his father left off,in his family name. vergil did not show a lot of feelings but was far from having none. he did have a personality else he wouldn't have all those meaningfull dialogs.

Top Bottom