• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
There got to be a bigger reason than the need to be strong for Vergil to say "I need more power". What is Vergil's plan after he has obtained power?

TheRebelliousDevil

He'd might as well use it to destroy all the demons in order to bring peace and be the next Sparda, worshiped by people. The reason he doesn't tell Dante about his plan probably is so that Dante couldn't be the one :D

Destroying everything and then sipping a cocktail while alone would be just awful and boring.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The reason he doesn't tell Dante about his plan probably is so that Dante couldn't be the one :D
I have an objection. Do you remember when Vergil asked him "Why do you refuse to gain power, the power of our father Sparda."

So I am quite sure that Vergil don't mind if Dante and himself are both the ones to be the next Sparda.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well his father died when he was a kid and wasnt their to protect his wife and children. eva died and that might have been a huge impact on vergil at a very young age so i think he wants so much power so that he wouldnt see that day ever again in his life maybe.

TheRebelliousDevil

I have an objection. Do you remember when Vergil asked him "Why do you refuse to gain power, the power of our father Sparda."

So I am quite sure that Vergil don't mind if Dante and himself are both the ones to be the next Sparda.

I think he actually wants Dante to battle against him for the power just to see who's the worthy one. And I'm sure Vergil wouldn't love to share the power with his brother.

eva died and that might have been a huge impact on vergil at a very young age so i think he wants so much power so that he wouldnt see that day ever again in his life maybe.

Maybe Vergil wanted to be the one to avenge his mother's death by killing Mundus, but didn't have enough power? That might be the reason he wanted the legendary power. He lost, was too weak and succumbed to Mundus.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree with what D-Sparda said. Vergil gives me the impression that even though he holds some minimal respect towards Dante - as he too is a son of Sparda and all that, that Vergil respects - at the same time he views him as pitiful because he does nothing in his life and has no purpose or motivation. Which of course changed in their last battle.

TheRebelliousDevil

Dante has a purpose - his business. Why should one live with constant battles in his life that only resemble the loss of his father and mother? Vergil wanted to relive Sparda's life, he respected his father the most and wanted to be just like him, but obtaining his power wouldn't give satisfactory results. Sparda had a heart, and the true way of being like him is to be like Dante. Vergil changed his hair style into that of Sparda, but what use is to change your outer appearance when your inner one is different? Eventually Dante, unlike Vergil, understood the whole meaning of life and became even stronger than Sparda ever was.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I agree with Deamonslayer and TheRebellious that Vergil wanted power to kill Mundus because his mother's death affected him.

DeamonslayeR

Maybe Vergil wanted to be the one to avenge his mother's death by killing Mundus, but didn't have enough power? That might be the reason he wanted the legendary power. He lost, was too weak and succumbed to Mundus.
yes but i dont think vergil was to weak that he lost to mundus i believe that mundus saw the hunger and evil inside vergils heart for power that he would cross any limit to get alot of power even if he gets corrupted.so i think mundus somehow got him under his spell to give him more power hence he might have been brainwashed. almost like in dragonball z when vegeta gets controlled by babidi because vegeta had evil in his heart and the urge to gain power to defeat goku and becomes majin vageta.

TheRebelliousDevil

TheRebelliousDevil said:
Dante has Eventually Dante, unlike Vergil, understood the whole meaning of life and became even stronger than Sparda ever was.

You really need to re-edit your quote :D

yes but i dont think vergil was to weak that he lost to mundus i believe that mundus saw the hunger and evil inside vergils heart for power that he would cross any limit to get alot of power even if he gets corrupted.so i think mundus somehow got him under his spell to give him more power hence he might have been brainwashed. almost like in dragonball z when vegeta gets controlled by babidi because vegeta had evil in his heart and the urge to gain power to defeat goku and becomes majin vageta.

Perhaps, but I still think he was too weak. In the Alternate Ending of DMC3, where Vergil runs towards Mundus, he doesn't seem to be in the mood to listen to him. He believed he, like Sparda, could kill the Prince of Darkness. Vergil was weakened by Dante in the final battle and that's the reason Vergil lost, and I believe that he was forced to become Mundus' pawn. He probably even wanted to choose death what Mundus couldn't allow. Vergil would never team up with a guy who killed his mother intentionally. So he was corrupted.

DeamonslayeR

You really need to re-edit your quote :D

Perhaps, but I still think he was too weak. In the Alternate Ending of DMC3, where Vergil runs towards Mundus, he doesn't seem to be in the mood to listen to him. He believed he, like Sparda, could kill the Prince of Darkness. Vergil was weakened by Dante in the final battle and that's the reason Vergil lost, and I believe that he was forced to become Mundus' pawn. He probably even wanted to choose death what Mundus couldn't allow. Vergil would never team up with a guy who killed his mother intentionally. So he was corrupted.
yeah your right about that he was beaten by dante and was weakened but i mean that he didnt want to team up with mundus he got brainwashed because of the evil in his heart which made it easy for him to get corrupted.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree with Deamonslayer and TheRebellious that Vergil wanted power to kill Mundus because his mother's death affected him.

No I've discussed this with @tony he had buried his past and blindly pursued power he didn't proper motive or reason to do that that's why he lost in the end

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
No I've discussed this with @tony he had buried his past and blindly pursued power he didn't proper motive or reason to do that that's why he lost in the end
That does not make sense. There is always a reason for someone seeking power?

I mean if Vergil sought power, and after he achieved power he felt the same - then what would the point be?

You seek power for something:
To protect, to destroy, to controll,

Vergil just seeking power for the sake of power does not make sense at all.

There must be a reason for it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That does not make sense. There is always a reason for someone seeking power?

I mean i n for it.

That's why he lost in the end its the hidden message on why vergil lost the last battle he pursued power without any basic reason on the other hand

Dante also didn't have reason he just came to rumble with vergil but at that moment vergil had the reason to get dante's amulet and so he won but the second time they fought they were interupted by arkham and his bigmouth the final battle he was confused on what his goals are but dante was now determined and also asked "What are you going to with all this power"

he simply replies 'YOU'RE WASTING TIME !" that shows he's totally confused and desperate

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That's why he lost in the end its the hidden message on why vergil lost the last battle he pursued power without any basic reason on the other hand

Dante also didn't have reason he just came to rumble with vergil but at that moment vergil had the reason to get dante's amulet and so he won but the second time they fought they were interupted by arkham and his bigmouth the final battle he was confused on what his goals are but dante was now determined and also asked "What are you going to with all this power"

he simply replies 'YOU'RE WASTING TIME !" that shows he's totally confused and desperate
That's kinda hard to accept. Because that would kinda make Vergil a reasonless zombie.
And Vergil is pretty intelligent.

Top Bottom