• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bloody Palacy is Back!

ChaserTech

yea it does suck if people don't have xbox live or just internet at all. But when i didn't have the internet, i just made my phone a hot spot and downloaded demos all day.

Some people aren't fortunate enough to have smart phones that acts as an hotspot.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Are people actually complaining about this? Capcom and NT are taking the time (and more importantly spending the money) to produce additional content and then making it available for free to everyone with no conditions. It is inconvenient that an Internet connection is required to get it but Capcom can't do anything about that (do you want them to personaly come to your house to give it to you or should they have invented time travel to put it on the disc before they finish it?) This isn't some kind of evil plot. (unless it's evil to lose money doing something nice to try to make people hate them less.)

Paexie

Um, the people that are complaining about the internet access confuse me a bit. How are they able to complain???? I guess they are in someone's home doing this.

The xboxlive is really crappy though. I don't understand why they can't make a free access plan for others.

ChaserTech

Um, the people that are complaining about the internet access confuse me a bit. How are they able to complain???? I guess they are in someone's home doing this.

The xboxlive is really crappy though. I don't understand why they can't make a free access plan for others.

That's what I mean, the Xbox users who don't have Xbox Live probably won't be able to download it. Unless Capcom is going to do something about it. PS3 users who don't have internet won't be able to do a thing though. Not unless they have a smart phone. lol

Although there's a trial for Xbox Live. Not sure if it can be repeated multiple times though on the same Xbox with multiple accounts.

Gbraga

You actually don't have to pay for Xbox LIVE to download patches, only to play online. You can get demos, patches and even buy stuff with your free silver account.

I still think it's bullshit that they charge for it, but there you go, you don't need to pay for Bloody Palace at all.

I didn't think about people without internet access, and that does suck, but in a gen with online passes, day one charged DLC and stuff like that, you really can't complain that much about free patches that actually put more content in.

AngelMode

Ok,I am going to go by the fact you do not know me and you think I will go by someone else word, one they said game update, but whatever.

As I said if you have proof of things show it, don't give me the trust me I know this because I don't trust anyone word who likely knows just as much as I do and to me it seems they wanted to do BP but did not know if it was wanted and saw it was and decided to work on it and boom here it is, no one is stuck on anything since I expect people to ask for proof if someone comes acting like they know more then others if you do back it up otherwise your just guessing like everyone else but trying to pass it off as fact and that you know something.

You know you are basically calling Ninja Theory stupid, right?

The question is... how in the hell did they not know it was wanted? BP has always been wanted, even before DmC was announced back in 2010 and we thought we were just going to be getting a DMC5, we still hold the expectation that BP is in the game. It has been a hallmark of DMC games since DMC2. And BP has been mentioned many times over and over ever since DmC was announced.

They even added a "Dojo mode" for god's sake. If they took their time to add that, they obviously planned BP from the very beginning.

Now I'm not complaining since it's free and all, but it's just a weird business practice... very weird.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Seriously? People are whining about FREE DLC? Considering that NT's entrie focus the last couple years was on design, storyline, dev time and the combat engine, I'm not surprised that they put of the Palace arena until it was more evident the fans wanted that mode. So they're trying to get it ready as an add-on which we won't be charged for. F'N KUDOS to them for doing that! They didn't need to, and they are anyway, for free! Capcom could try and charge us for teh shortsight, and they're not, and people are WHINING about it?!

No wonder these guys reacted in counter-troll responses for so long with the vocal minority whining all the time...

Gbraga

You know you are basically calling Ninja Theory stupid, right?

The question is... how in the hell did they not know it was wanted? BP has always been wanted, even before DmC was announced back in 2010 and we thought we were just going to be getting a DMC5, we still hold the expectation that BP is in the game. It has been a hallmark of DMC games since DMC2. And BP has been mentioned many times over and over ever since DmC was announced.

They even added a "Dojo mode" for god's sake. If they took their time to add that, they obviously planned BP from the very beginning.

Now I'm not complaining since it's free and all, but it's just a weird business practice... very weird.
Exactly, you can't really be naive enough to think that they went all their way to make a brand new training mode and didn't even consider that people would want Bloody Palace.

I'm not doubting that it's DLC because of time issues, but it definitely was planned to be post launch contet for some time.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Cool. Bloody palace is where i'm always practicing combat honestly. I'm gonna use it more than the training mode.

ChaserTech

You actually don't have to pay for Xbox LIVE to download patches, only to play online. You can get demos, patches and even buy stuff with your free silver account.

I still think it's bullshit that they charge for it, but there you go, you don't need to pay for Bloody Palace at all.

I didn't think about people without internet access, and that does suck, but in a gen with online passes, day one charged DLC and stuff like that, you really can't complain that much about free patches that actually put more content in.

Ah well that clear things up about Xbox Live.

And yeah, paying to play online is dumb. It should be free. :/

Seriously? People are whining about FREE DLC? Considering that NT's entrie focus the last couple years was on design, storyline, dev time and the combat engine, I'm not surprised that they put of the Palace arena until it was more evident the fans wanted that mode. So they're trying to get it ready as an add-on which we won't be charged for. F'N KUDOS to them for doing that! They didn't need to, and they are anyway, for free! Capcom could try and charge us for teh shortsight, and they're not, and people are WHINING about it?!

No wonder these guys reacted in counter-troll responses for so long with the vocal minority whining all the time...

It's not that I'm whining about Bloody Palace. I'm complaining that it poses an inconvenience to those who don't have online. Seeing how you can download patches/demos/ and I assume DLC with a silver account on an Xbox, it cleared up a lot of problems I had with it.

I still don't plan on getting DmC. I'm just saying that it would be a major inconvenience for people if you couldn't download it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Exactly, you can't really be naive enough to think that they went all their way to make a brand new training mode and didn't even consider that people would want Bloody Palace.

I'm not doubting that it's DLC because of time issues, but it definitely was planned to be post launch contet for some time.
So is that a bad thing? or really doesn't even matter at since it is a free DLC.

key word here folks, FREE

Maybe Capcom and NT knew about BP the whole time, but maybe, just maybe there was something else they had to work on first. Not to mention Vergils downfall too.

Some people aren't fortunate enough to have smart phones that acts as an hotspot.

Well then i'm sorry. There are other ways of using the internet though. Libraries, Schools, McDonalds, Friends, Relatives, Other friends with smart phones.

and i'm sorry if you don't have any of those either

Gbraga

So is that a bad thing? or really doesn't even matter at since it is a free DLC.

key word here folks, FREE

Maybe Capcom and NT knew about BP the whole time, but maybe, just maybe there was something else they had to work on first. Not to mention Vergils downfall too.
No, not saying it's bad, I'm really glad it's coming and it's free, I just don't really buy the "just because you asked :)" thing. I don't really care if they do it either, it's free, I don't care what the reasons are.

ChaserTech

Well then i'm sorry. There are other ways of using the internet though. Libraries, Schools, McDonalds, Friends, Relatives, Other friends with smart phones.

and i'm sorry if you don't have any of those either

. . . Yeah lemme drag my PS3 all the way over to my local library and set it up so I can download a DLC update. :|

I have internet btw. I'm just vouching for those who may not have internet. It's just a minor flaw when it comes to free DLC.

Dante47

Exquisite.jpg

Fantastic news.
I have the feeling I'll be playing this game for a couple more years than I intended,

Top Bottom