• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bloody Palacy is Back!

Kishido

Hunter
It is the same thing just that it was released way later... And adding an already existing character with all of his moveset in the game they could have included him as well from the very start...

But I haven't cared for it as I do not care for it if Bloody Palace is a FREE DLC or on the disc for free...

Frazz

General gamer
Something told me it would be DLC. I don't understand why it couldn't have been included on the game to begin with, but whatever.
It is probably because they had a release date to stick to, to put it in would have taken more development time and the release would have been postponed!

I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ON THE EARTH RIGHT NOW!!! Bloody palace adds about a year of replay value to me!:w00t:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

Thank you Capcom! You guys are finally learning how to do DLC. Thank you so much for not charging us, you guys should keep up this practice! BLOODY PALACE IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!

Gbraga

It is the same thing just that it was released way later... And adding an already existing character with all of his moveset in the game they could have included him as well from the very start...

But I haven't cared for it as I do not care for it if Bloody Palace is a FREE DLC or on the disc for free...
It REALLY isn't, and I'm not saying this to make DmC look bad, it's free, so I don't care if it's DLC or not, I'd buy if it was paid DLC as well, even though I really shouldn't.

DMC 3 SE is essentialy a greatest hits rerelease that MANY games get when they sell enough, the difference is that no one else adds content, maybe some fixing (since there weren't online patches at the time), but that much content essentially for free (there was no black label DMC 3 SE, it was just more content for the Greatest Hits version) is a pretty big deal. We have a Bloody Palace folder in the demo, meaning they've been planning that for a long time, and for whatever reason it'll come later as DLC instead of being in the game. Same with Vergil's Downfall, it has been planned for a long time prerelease, and we already have gameplay footage of it, so even though it'll still be a while before it comes out, it's still content being developed before the game came out to be sold as a separate thing.

I'm not even blaming Ninja Theory for this, but Capcom's new business practices in this generation. Had DMC4 came a little bit later you can be sure as hell they'd charge for Bloody Palace. DmC escaped the paid DLC because it's coming out after the SF X Tekken fiasco, just like RE6 had a lot of post release free content (that also had folders and files referencing them on disk, so basically they took some content off to give it later to the fans and look good)

It would be the same if we never got Vergil's Downfall or Bloody Palace, and then when the Greatest Hits version was about to hit they decided to make this content for this version. The way it is, it's more like Resident Evil 5, we'll probably get a DmC Gold Edition down the road (it'll probably be called Special Edition).

Again, not hating on DmC, I love that it's free and I can't wait to play it, but people need to stop saying it's the same as DMC3, because it really isn't.

Kishido

Hunter
I see it different but whatever... But I agree with the SFxTekken fiasco even if people raged too hard. Capcom was just dumb to let it be on disc.

Ubisoft for sure could fit her day one DLC into the game as well... but they aren't for marketing reasons... But no rages so hard cuz well... it isn't on disc that obiviously

ChaserTech

. . . And adding an already existing character with all of his moveset in the game they could have included him as well from the very start...

They announced the Vergil's Downfall trailer about a month ago prior towards the release date. Plus since it's extra content that also includes a new character as well as his side of the story. And you need to pay for it. As for Bloody Palace, previous DMC games had this before and it's quite obvious everyone who was interested in the game (who was also a fan of the previous series) wanted Bloody Palace to begin with.

I just don't like the fact that they released the game slightly unfinished and then include other parts as DLC. If I pay for a game, I want all of it there. I don't want to wait for it to be finished when it should have been completed a long time ago.

Kishido

Hunter
They announced the Vergil's Downfall trailer about a month ago prior towards the release date. Plus since it's extra content that also includes a new character as well as his side of the story. And you need to pay for it. As for Bloody Palace, previous DMC games had this before and it's quite obvious everyone who was interested in the game (who was also a fan of the previous series) wanted Bloody Palace to begin with.

I just don't like the fact that they released the game slightly unfinished and then include other parts as DLC. If I pay for a game, I want all of it there. I don't want to wait for it to be finished when it should have been completed a long time ago.

First... As it seems you completely misunderstood my post

But yeah most games are unfinished in your eyes... With all the Day 1 patches, Day 1 DLCs, pre order "bonuses" even if most are already on the disc and and and... Not even talking about season passes

We simply have to learn that with the online stores and all the possibilities companies are doing it... same as dozen of other "bad" stuff which came with the internet, social networks and so on.

As I said... Capcom was just too dumb having it all on disc... But every game maker is mostly doing it, but no one is crying as loud

TyIquan_DmC

This isn't fair. There are plenty of games in the past that have had files and folders for things that didn't make the game, and still didn't end up getting any kind of DLC.

Just because they're giving things as DLC doesn't mean that they took it out just to give back later or whatever. It could be the same scenario as those older games. They have a deadline to stick to, but due to the current generation of gaming, they don't have to completely scrap things they don't finish. They're able to keep working on them and make them available when they're ready.

I know it seems like I cry a lot lately about people's attitudes towards this game, but it's really annoying.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Thank god !!!! I love you Ninja Theory/Capcom ...... I FU*KING LOVE YOU !
I can't wait to get my hands on DmC right now ! 6 more days .... damn it ..... 6 MORE DAYS !

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
That is stupid...why not to put it on disc as an unlockable ? where am i Supposed to get it that i don't have Xbox live ? ...Damn

Rumors

The fact it's a title update means it wasn't in the original game, so it's possible we wouldn't have gotten Bloody Palace
No, it was there from the begining.
This is a plan between Capcom and NT.
You can understand the reason if you think carefully.

8BitHero

Scrub
It wasn't in the game. I asked when is it going to be released on Capcom Unity comments
iuc90.png

Nekodark

Can I ask how do you know that it was there from the beginning? besides the file thing if it was there from the beginning would it not be an unlock-able? not a title update? which means if it is not there from the start they are working on it as they have been with the Vergil DLC so..again where is your source it was already there? just asking since you sound so sure.

ChaserTech

That is stupid...why not to put it on disc as an unlockable ? where am i Supposed to get it that i don't have Xbox live ? ...Damn

^ That right there is why I'm certain a lot of Xbox users would be mad if they don't have Xbox Live.
Or even PS3 owners who are unfortunate enough to not have internet within their homes. It's another reason why I don't like DLC that's released later for free instead of being included in the game.

Although I'm not saying that DmC is the only game that did this. There was RE6 as well with it's free On Disc DLC.

Top Bottom