• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bloody Palacy is Back!

Nekodark

You know you are basically calling Ninja Theory stupid, right?

The question is... how in the hell did they not know it was wanted? BP has always been wanted, even before DmC was announced back in 2010 and we thought we were just going to be getting a DMC5, we still hold the expectation that BP is in the game. It has been a hallmark of DMC games since DMC2. And BP has been mentioned many times over and over ever since DmC was announced.

They even added a "Dojo mode" for god's sake. If they took their time to add that, they obviously planned BP from the very beginning.

Now I'm not complaining since it's free and all, but it's just a weird business practice... very weird.

*Tilts head* Do enlighten me when did I call NT stupid? I would love to know this since if I was thinking or calling anyone stupid I would say it outright...my words said no such thing so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion on what I posted..but..ok go on with your bad self..yeah. but really do tell me HOW I did such a thing or how the heck you got that from my post.

majeh116

My biggest issue with the colour is that the angel enemies due to slow and the demon ones die to fast I with it was just the shields that were colour coded and that would be cool. Kinda like the angel chicks who u need a angel weapon for the shield but once their guard is down you can do whatever you want to their bodies.

AngelMode

:)

Btw, do you guys know how many enemy (and their movements) they have in DmC compared to other DMCs ?

Environment-wise, DMC4 had a bit more variety than DMC3 (since it was just the castle), even if you backtracked with Dante, but I believe we have already seen a bit more in DmC as it is.

When it comes to regular enemies (not bosses) DMC4 had around 14 enemy types. DmC has 14 too so far, surprisingly. If you count color coded enemies it is 16.

EvilX-81

. . . Yeah lemme drag my PS3 all the way over to my local library and set it up so I can download a DLC update. :|

I have internet btw. I'm just vouching for those who may not have internet. It's just a minor flaw when it comes to free DLC.

Indeed. Infact that's why I miss games that were complete on release. Extra harddrive space going to hold DLC content. For people with 70 gigers (like me) space is precious.

AngelMode

*Tilts head* Do enlighten me when did I call NT stupid? I would love to know this since if I was thinking or calling anyone stupid I would say it outright...my words said no such thing so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion on what I posted..but..ok go on with your bad self..yeah. but really do tell me HOW I did such a thing or how the heck you got that from my post.

Saying that Ninja Theory did not know BP was wanted, they obviously knew, they are not stupid. You basically made them look like this:

Random Worker: "Oh crap! There are people saying they want to see a Bloody Palace mode but it is too late to add it in the game now!"
Tameem: "... damn it, I didn't know this! How come nobody told me of this!?"
Everyone: *whistling*
Tameem: "alright... let's just like... add some blood in a palace and make Dante walk through it."
Worker: "Umm... no sir, it's..." *goes up to Tameem and whispers*
Tameem: "Oh... so that's what Bloody Palace is. Alright, let's work on it now and like... give it as a DLC later or something..."
Capcom: "Awesome! Now we can just give it for free since you guys were so dumb not to put it in the game to begin with, so we actually look like we are nice people giving away stuff for free!"

8BitHero

Scrub
I don't get why people are speculating when Gregaman said it himself that it was an after thought since Ninja Theory were polishing the game. It'll be available after an update, therefore, it's not available, meaning, it was made after the game was finished.
The fact the game is completed and they've added Bloody Palace mode means that they're most likely NOT going to make it straight forward. Similar to DMC4/BP. Pick Bloody Palace and choose to play as Super/Dante or Super/Nero. Now Dante/Vergil and um....Phoenix Wright.

AngelMode

I don't get why people are speculating when Gregaman said it himself that it was an after thought since Ninja Theory were polishing the game. It'll be available after an update, therefore, it's not available, meaning, it was made after the game was finished.

Yet, they have a dojo mode. I dunno man, I just throw it as I see it. Greg is from Capcom, he can tell whatever... but to me, adding BP is like adding Heaven or Hell (which is not even a difficulty in itself, but a fun mode to shoot stuff).

Gbraga

Holy Hell, he does kind of look like Brandon Lee there.
Does it come with Vergil's Downfall?
Steam made no mention of it...
I don't think it'll be free for us, unfortunately. But I only paid $30 for it so I'm okay with just $9 more for it, specially if we can use Vergil in Bloody Palace.

Nekodark

Saying that Ninja Theory did not know BP was wanted, they obviously knew, they are not stupid. You basically made them look like this:

Random Worker: "Oh crap! There are people saying they want to see a Bloody Palace mode but it is too late to add it in the game now!"
Tameem: "... damn it, I didn't know this! How come nobody told me of this!?"
Everyone: *whistling*
Tameem: "alright... let's just like... add some blood in a palace and make Dante walk through it."
Worker: "Umm... no sir, it's..." *goes up to Tameem and whispers*
Tameem: "Oh... so that's what Bloody Palace is. Alright, let's work on it now and like... give it as a DLC later or something..."
Capcom: "Awesome! Now we can just give it for free since you guys were so dumb not to put it in the game to begin with, so we actually look like we are nice people giving away stuff for free!"

You know what, nope not even going to touch this or continue because I have like an hour or so left of work and cannot wait to get out of here to deal with this, see things as you wish I knew what I meant and if it is not clear all was needed to ask to clear things up not assume but assume away I am just chilling right now looking at the clock go down to leaving time. xD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Can i just say how unimpressed i am about this BP dlc/update thing... well done to capcom for not thinking about the fans without internet.

Personally, I'm not a fan of BP, so i wouldn't have been bothered if it was included on the disc.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Can i just say how unimpressed i am about this BP dlc/update thing... well done to capcom for not thinking about the fans without internet.

Personally, I'm not a fan of BP, so i wouldn't have been bothered if it was included on the disc.

...your PS3 doesn't have internet?

I can understand with the Xbox...it doesn't have wi-fi built into the system.

But seriously, I've seen hobos using computers and wi-fi. I'm sure you can go to a friends place and download it.

Paexie

Oh, honestly though. I think it's a safe bet that most gamers have internet nowadays.

Top Bottom