• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Did you find any of the original combat music in DMC bad?

I've never really thought about the music in the past games that much. Haven't cared enough for it. Just making a statement. Something original is not always something good. I like the music in this game though. It is a bit more electronic than in previous DMC games, and I like that.

It's just a matter of personal taste though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Fair enough. I suppose that that is a matter of personal taste. I wanted original songs, though. Having an already published song give me a creeping feeling that this might turn into a montage of what the people over at NT might consider cool. Not sure I'm explaining myself well.

Asmodaius

Fair enough. I suppose that that is a matter of personal taste. I wanted original songs, though. Having an already published song give me a creeping feeling that this might turn into a montage of what the people over at NT might consider cool. Not sure I'm explaining myself well.

Maybe they just liked the music, so instead of hiring a band to make original music for them they chose to ask the band if they could use some of their already existing songs.

BTW, nice new avatar. ^^

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, I suppose. Can't really say that they're been lazy, ether, decustrocting a song has it's challenges.

Yeah, took me a while. My computer crash and I finally got around to re installing CS.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I'd say a mix of existing tracks and original music is fair enough. If they use existing music for boss battles, I better see Between the Buried and Me O_O well, not like that's a good possibility xD

berto

I Saw the Devil
Adding to my original post, not that I've seen the new preview:

There is definitly a smoothness to the game, Dante seems responsive and flexible.

There are options in the combat, it looks like the guy playing isn't too comfortable with some of the things available and sticks with the same moves alot but the veriety is definitly there.

I see the bullets recochet here, too. Another Bayonetta piece of gameplay I'd have on any DMC game.

At 1:35 D seems to trow the ax at the enemy. At first I thought it was the slam but at closer observation I think he's trowing it. I can get behind that.
Several times the devil arm seems to spark as though it's not working. I think there might be a limit as to how often you use the grapling.
Hates
The enemies have improved but anyone who's played a DMC game, or Bayonetta, before can beat that area with way too much ease. There seems to be no challange in the combat and the enemies are still more like targets than a genuine threat and that was one of the reasons I play DMC4 with such little frequentcy. If you are in the air or out of reach to them they run around like chickens with their heads cut off (1:38 D takes to the air and an opponent that was headed twards him stops and runs the other way like he just remembered he left the stove on).

Even for a DMC game The enemies seem way too uncomfortable with gravity, the way they fall and go in to the air is like they're made from something very light like styrophome or cardboard, it's not metal or even flesh, though. Doesn't even look like they bounce. Even D, they all fall at a constant speed.

That move where D slams the demon ax on the ground and sends the enemies in to the air (1:20) doesn't seem to have an end, it goes on forever and it doesn't become less effective with range. There are more like it, too, moves that you can use to slam enemies into the air with no effort, from one to all of them, it's just all too easy and range doesn't seem to be an issue.

Enemies are still giving a long warning as to when they'll attack. I think they might've shorten it from the previous demo but it's still taking an almost 2 second taxi wave before they swing (1:59, there is an enemy almost off screen that illustrates this).

That camera sounds stupid, it make really unfrightning sounds when it transforms. It was the same issue with the scarcrows in DMC4, they might've pottentialy been kinda scarry if they didn't sound like morrons.

In Between

I'm still not entirely happy that the combat music is not original songs but I'm not completly unsadisfied with the track selections, ether.

If there was one thing I could've lived without from the previous instalmants it was the orb system. Looking closesly at them they now look like they might be skulls so that's kinda cool, but it's still the orb system.

The cinematic finishers seemed to have been cut down to just the last strike in the fight. This isn't entirely a bad thing, in my opinion, since I can see how they could start to get irritating before too long. At the same time to completly disppose of them during the fight seems kinda wastefull. I would preffer to have them but to happen only once, the first time you finish off an oponenet with that move or combo, that way there's significance and it's not a constant thing that slows down your groove ever few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom