• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, let's see...

I am loving the BG design; An interesting setting here and there, specially in that level above an ocean where everything is floating, reminds me of Alice: Madnes Returns.

Having the music stricke up as the player's performance remains on top might not be entirely original, since it's part of Rez and the new Luminus, but it certainly has a creative and cool property to it. It fits well with what DMC can do and it will push gamers to try to get better. Not sure how it will work out in the soundtrack but we'll see how it goes.

I like the cinematic finishers for now. It seems like something that might get old quick and even become rather irritating if there is no balance and it's too much of it, but for now I like them.
:mad:Dislikes:mad:
:mad: I don't like this new Dante, that much I've said a few times. He reminds me of Nero more than Dante, his moves don't really strike me as stylish, that air dash thing looks dumn as all hell, the jump feels off to me for some reason, and his hair just keeps reminding me of Nellie Manley. There seems to be a large sence of confution as to where the character's headed, he stareted out been an angry angsty teenager but seems to have shifted back closer to what he was in the previous franchise.
:mad: The enemies are uninteresting and seem rather bland in their designs. The giant cocaroach boss is nether frightning nor impresice or awe inpiring as some of the better bosses from the previous franchise.
:mad: The enemies are not really stricking me as dangerous, the rarely attack and when they do it's after a very comfortably long warning. It seems as though the game might be holding the player's hand.

:mad: I don't like the heavy importance the staff seems to be placing on the game been 'cool.' To have too many refrences can kill a game. Trying to make it the epidimy of what is underground and cool doesn't strike me as a good idea and it might backfire on us.

:mad: I hate the idea that this might ultimatly replace the original franchise. If there was some kind of master plan to run them both it'd be one thing but the notion that this is supposed to be DMC's replacement doesn't sit well with me.

:mad: There are way too many things here that strike me as NT and Capcom trying to apeace the fans. The DT, the alterations made from the original version, the subttle but not straight forward admisions of wrong, the constant tipy toeing on the hard questions.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well, let's see...
:mad: I hate the idea that this might ultimatly replace the original franchise. If there was some kind of master plan to run them both it'd be one thing but the notion that this is supposed to be DMC's replacement doesn't sit well with me.

Wouldn't it be kind of cool if they did both versions together? Classic DMC for the hardcore fans and DmC for more casual fans:eek: ? Kind of like Modern Warfare and the other Call of Duties?
Sorry for the off-top by the way!

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Wouldn't it be kind of cool if they did both versions together? Classic DMC for the hardcore fans and DmC for more casual fans:eek: ? Kind of like Modern Warfare and the other Call of Duties?
Sorry for the off-top by the way!
Only one will survive. I doubt they would work on these game together.

Asmodaius

Only one will survive. I doubt they would work on these game together.

If DmC turns out to be a success, then yes, they might drop the original series and continue on this one.
Because you know Capcom, they won't have two series that are alike be worked on at the same time...

Oh wait, they do actually!

Megaman
Megaman X
Megaman Zero
Megaman.exe
Megaman Legends

Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter EX

Not to mention the numerous Resident Evil games that are not part of the main series.

Oh, and also, since Ninja Theory are mainly the ones on this project, Capcom will have lots of time, and people, to work further on the original series, should they choose to do so.

My point is, don't lose all hope for the original series just yet. Only time will tell. ;)

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
If DmC turns out to be a success, then yes, they might drop the original series and continue on this one.
Because you know Capcom, they won't have two series that are alike be worked on at the same time...

Oh wait, they do actually!

Megaman
Megaman X
Megaman Zero
Megaman.exe
Megaman Legends

Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter EX

Not to mention the numerous Resident Evil games that are not part of the main series.
Oh, and also, since Ninja Theory are mainly the ones on this project, Capcom will have lots of time, and people, to work further on the original series, should they choose to do so.

My point is, don't lose all hope for the original series just yet. Only time will tell. ;)
In my case, hoping for something will lead me no where. Like you said, only time will tell.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Devil May Cry isn't one of those games. It doesn't sell well enough to justify to Capcom to sustain two series off the same title. Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil are their big hitters, that's why they get so many of them.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Lol, sorry but... MEGA MAN?

Maybe once upon a time but definitely not now.

Megaman sales about the same as DMC.

And as far as support from Capcom goes, last time I checked they canceled not 1 but 2 big mega man games that where set to be released.

So Mega man is definitely not one of their "big hitters" by any means.

But Resident Evil and Street Fighter definitely are.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What do people feel about his clothes? does anyone like the stuff he is wearing?

I agree that them putting emphasis on cool as its what turned me of off 4 and off Dante after 1.

I'm not a fan of two differnt dmc canons cause it gets confusing differentiating between the two and you might as well just make a different series at that point. Plus one would feel redudant. I'm sure their were ways to old dante a compelling character again and to give the series a direction it needed. You could have just done dmc5, a sparda tale, a vergil tale etc. Than give me a reboot that may not matter.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have to see more before I can comment on more. I haven't seen the plataforming or the onscreen icons or bars. Till there's more I'll wait for it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like(s): The background music.

I have to dissagree here. The music is fine and it fits the combat great and all but so far there hasn't been a single original track made for this game. DMC has always had original music so I've come to expect great original tracks. This time, though, none of the songs were made for this game, it's kinda the other way around this time.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I have to dissagree here. The music is fine and it fits the combat great and all but so far there hasn't been a single original track made for this game. DMC has always had original music so I've come to expect great original tracks. This time, though, none of the songs were made for this game, it's kinda the other way around this time.
yeah i like the music that's in the game, but i wanna hear original tracks, because that's where video game music shines. when there are original pieces created specifically for the game.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
@Berto
Well, you've said it yourself. The music fits the background well and that is exactly what I liked. I also felt the 'layers' of music kicking-in in the latest gameplay vid and liked it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well, you've said it yourself. The music fits the background well and that is exactly what I liked. I also felt the 'layers' of music kicking-in in the latest gameplay vid and liked it.
yup it does fit it well, and the music kicking in in layers is an awesome idea, i would like to see more of this

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just the same I'd rather have the same artist do an original track than having one of their songs that already exist.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Devil May Cry isn't one of those games. It doesn't sell well enough to justify to Capcom to sustain two series off the same title. Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil are their big hitters, that's why they get so many of them.

To me they killed RE with RE5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom