• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I hope so. Swords are my favorite kind of weapon, so I hope it's the normal one.

Same here. I have a feeling you'll be able to upgrade the sword and the Devil Triggers also. I mean, Ninja Theory said the "Skill Shop" was coming back, after all.

Are you guys nuts? They said three stances. Axe, Sword, Scythe.

Three stances? You've lost me. The scythe is for the angel form right? The axe the demonic form. And as me and DT are guessing, the sword is your standard weapon when you're just in human form.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Same here. I have a feeling you'll be able to upgrade the sort and the Devil Triggers also. I mean, Ninja Theory said the "Skill Shop" was coming back, after all.

Three stances? You've lost me. The scythe is for the angel form right? The axe the demonic form. And as me and DT are guessing, the sword is your standard weapon when you're just in human form.

Different stances for different weapons.

And I hope you can upgrade DT so you can use it on the ground.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yes, just what i thought too. It must be that. Perhaps you get to buy "forms" for Human weapon the sword. Example "Now you can morph sword into X".

Meg

Dislikes: The the devil trigger is a neat idea, but kinda dumb at the same time (if that makes sense). Combat is really slow looking compared to past games and seems to lack depth as well. Switching weapons on the fly means nothing to me because you can do that in past DMC games. Quite frankly combat looks awful. >.>

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, just what i thought too. It must be that. Perhaps you get to buy "forms" for Human weapon the sword. Example "Now you can morph sword into X".

It would be cool if you could buy different morphs for your standard sword.

I hope you can upgrade the DT so you can use it on the ground.

Yeah hopefully DT. I don't want just aerial Devil Trigger.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Morph the sword into a katana and other kinds of swords. That'd be awesome.

Well yeah, something along those lines. As well as other things I'm sure the sword could be morphed into. It's certainly an area that Ninja Theory can play around with and experiment.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don't get it - wasn't DMC 4 pretty aerial ? There is a video of a guy who doesn't even touch the ground during Berial (a very legendary video too!).
Even in DMC 1 Dante says "Lift off" and hits dolls up and he joins.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
The shape-shifting sword is a cool thing. But anyone here have any news about the ranking system?? I know that different layers of music will kick-in the more stylish your gameplay is, but will we be having a HUD showing your style points and your rank??

I don't get it - wasn't DMC 4
pretty aerial ? There is a video
of a guy who doesn't even
touch the ground during Berial
(a very legendary video too!).

Indeed dude. But do you think everybody who plays DMC can do that??
Fact is, this Dante, simply levitates in the air. In DmC, aerial combos will rather be easy to perform as you won't have to do Jump Cancel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't get it - wasn't DMC 4 pretty aerial ? There is a video of a guy who doesn't even touch the ground during Berial (a very legendary video too!).
Even in DMC 1 Dante says "Lift off" and hits dolls up and he joins.

DMC4 was very aerial. Nero's combos in midair were made faster for that purpose, and giving him the Devil Bringer was to enhance aerial combat. I just think it'd be nice if DT wasn't made aerial only.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I hate how much of Nero there is in this Dante, the moves, the walks, the shapes.

Asmodaius

I hate how much of Nero there is in this Dante, the moves, the walks, the shapes.

What I didn't like about Nero was his looks (Dante clone), his personality and attitude. Luckily, DmC Dante doesn't seem to have those problems, so I'm cool with that.

Do you mean that DmC Dante shares animations with Nero in DMC4?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What I didn't like about Nero was his looks (Dante clone), his personality and attitude. Luckily, DmC Dante doesn't seem to have those problems, so I'm cool with that.

Do you mean that DmC Dante shares animations with Nero in DMC4?

He doesn't share animations. The only similarity between the two I can see is the way they can pull enemies towards them/pull themselves towards enemies.

Tiran

The great pretender.
His moves are rough, like a lot of Nero's. He seems to put much anger into his swings.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm also not liking how weak the enemies are. In the demo the enemies gave full seconds to warn you when they would attack an that wasn't often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom