• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
i like the game so far all n all except for the bad finishing move's and the devil trigger of DmC is just very bad i wont be using it ever so far of what ive seen.and dont know if this relates to gameplay but the environment is very colourfull while the previous games were a little dark.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Am I the only one whose worried that the game seems too damn easy? With the slow enemies and the overpowering strenght to the DT it doesn't seem like there's much to worry about. Maybe NT is rellaying on their plataforminv to carry the rest of the game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Am I the only one whose worried that the game seems too damn easy? With the slow enemies and the overpowering strenght to the DT it doesn't seem like there's much to worry about. Maybe NT is rellaying on their plataforminv to carry the rest of the game.

You're not alone. In one of my earlier posts I stated my concerns that the enemies seemed too easy and not very challenging. Plus all we've seen so far in terms of 'demons' are the mechanical like humanoid creatures. I want some variety when playing through the game.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
- Quite stylish combat moves by the new Dante.
- The dodge roll seems to be quite useful.
- Dante can grab enemies closer like Nero's Snatch move.
- Dante has access to multiple new weapons such as scythe and axe.
- His Ebony and Ivory can fire magical shots that can ricochet.
- The weapon stances in the game resembles the stances in Heavenly Sword, which is a great feature.

Dislikes
- I have yet to see the enemies damaged Dante. Either the AI of the enemies are dumb, or Ninja Theory is lazy to show the enemies in action. Ninja Theory should make the enemies more aggressive like the DMC1 and DMC3.
- Frame rate is not as impressive as the previous DMC games, thus slower looking action.
- His Devil Trigger is not impressive.
- The enemies took a long time to get killed.
- Too much reliance on aerial combat.

Tiran

The great pretender.
- Quite stylish combat moves by the new Dante.
- The dodge roll seems to be quite useful.
- Dante can grab enemies closer like Nero's Snatch move.
- Dante has access to multiple new weapons such as scythe and axe.
- His Ebony and Ivory can fire magical shots that can ricochet.
- The weapon stances in the game resembles the stances in Heavenly Sword, which is a great feature.

Dislikes
- I have yet to see the enemies damaged Dante. Either the AI of the enemies are dumb, or Ninja Theory is lazy to show the enemies in action. Ninja Theory should make the enemies more aggressive like the DMC1 and DMC3.
- Frame rate is not as impressive as the previous DMC games, thus slower looking action.
- His Devil Trigger is not impressive.
- The enemies took a long time to get killed.
- Too much reliance on aerial combat.

Agreed.

Btw- The enemies did hit him in the demo on multiple occasions. The impact on Dante is just so weak it barely registers at a glance.

Asmodaius

Just noting...
People, remember that we have only seen a few gameplay trailers, and in every gameplay trailer for any game I have seen, they usually only show the main characters' strong points. They never really show what the enemies can do, unless it is something noteworthy. I think that is why it looks like Dante is overpowered and the enemies so weak. Doesn't mean it will be like that in the actual game though. I wouldn't worry about it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well i like how you don't have to switch styles. The combat looks fast paced, i never really played dmc4 very fast because Nero has a grab move and it shortened the time to combo between enemies, and dante could teleport when fully upgraded. The sythe looks to be the most promising. I seen one combo where Dante basically beat the enemy from one side of the street to another using the sythe which looks sweet.
I hope the dive roll is the same as before and not like HS.
I didn't like the DT mode at first, but if the enemies are going to be as hard as they were in the stage demo then i would like to have the chance beat their a$$, especially with white hair and a red coat.
I can't believe they haven't shown the whip hurl any environment because i would love to see how that will work. And the enemy step was a fun feature in the past because it made the gameplay more playful, like toying with the enemy, it gave you a sense of freedom and nothing could touch you if you just jump on their heads, like mario did. But i won't miss it. =P I really like how the hand to hand combat looks, its like a little added bonus knee shot or upper cut or elbow to the face because like NT said, he is more of a street brawler.
and yea..
Dislike... no release date yet

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well a scythe to me is angelic because Death is actually on God's side I think (the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse).
Like-
-The fighting looks a lot more visceral to me. I know the speeds slower, but I for one wouldn't mind paying attention to Dante's animations (which are actually really nice from what I've seen).
-Switching weapons and styles on the fly looks more streamlined than that disaster of the style/weapon switching in DMC 4 (the directional pad on the xbox controller is aggravating).
-The Devil Trigger is more of a story element now.

Dislike-
-Gameplay-wise, the Devil Trigger is a disappointment.
-It looks easier. Of course the trailers could have been on easy mode, and the developers should know that game from inside and out anyway.

All in all, I feel like this game is going to be at least decent for a DMC game. Compared to other action games, though, I believe it'll be superb. We'll see when it comes out, though ;)

Vezild

It's funny how his weapons resemble DmC Dante's xD With the light scythe and heavy weapon. But the combat here looks very repetitive. I saw the same combo repeated at least three times in that video.
And before you point at DmC, I must say that the guy who was playing it at TGS didn't seem like he had a clue what he was doing :confused:

Vezild

I know I'm going to sound like a heretic, but Stinger was no good when it came to style for me. It's probably the way that I play but I hardly use Stinger on a one-on-one battle with an enemy because it always pushed them away. And it is near useless when you're surrounded by enemies because it's easy pickings for them when you use them. Area attacks for me were always the way to go--anything that can hit multiple enemies at once. A move like Nero's Streak was much more useful because it can hit at least two enemies at once and can help in a tight battle. So I'd like to see some of Nero's moves come back for this game and from Dante, I want to see his gunslinger moves for ebony and ivory (and hopefully a shotgun ;))

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well, we know rainstorm will be back along with a new version. (the rising rainstorm) Dante was shown using drive in a screenshot from the e3 pics back in June.

boo

Bacon slut
-The weapon switching looks incredibly fluid. Looking at the TGS11 trailer, I can see Dante using his demonic power to grab an enemy then switch back to human in an instant.
-Comparing the Darksiders trailer to DmC you can see that DmC has more variety, especially in the air. Also the melee moves are a nice addition.
-Camera control
-Gun play looks very fun
-interactive environments
Dislikes:
-30fps(but I'm not that worried)
-The enemies take a lot of damage before they die, this was the same problem in Heavenly Sword. They also give you a little more time than needed to stop them from attacking, I would shave off a second.
-still looks a little slow, needs a bit more speed.
-DT, I rather like the design but the gameplay portion needs to improve.
Cautious:
-I love the whip but I'm afraid it will become too much of a necessity. I hope that it either takes a bit of practice to master, gets harder with different enemy types, or the game varies from areas with smaller fighting space(as seen in the DT demo) to the wide open streets.
-I don't want the game to be too easy like it was in DMC2 but I also don't want to keep repeating the same fights over and over again like I did with 3. The original DMC was very challenging at normal difficulty but I didn't feel overwhelmed. So, something similar to that experience would be great.
- The air combat looks great but like the whip it makes things look a tad bit too easy, I'm hoping that it becomes more challenging once the cupids appear or that the game punishes you for relying too much on it.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Well, I like interacting with the enviroment and stuffs....I likies how Dante's sword shape shifts *o* I get the feeling I'll be having lots of fun with that xD and I also like how theres more air combat :D But, i dislike the Devil Trigger and how the gameplay looks a tad bit slow >0<

heatlancer

1# Trickster
i dont like it, at all, really bad, and there is no style to the moves, just swinging away with no proper form, can't stand it personally, makes me cringe, but i guess the fanboys who don't know anything about martial arts mght find it "cool"

not to mention it's all choppy

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Dislikes

- Lack of styles (stances don't count as styles imo)

- Clunky animations (not so much during combos but transitions)

- "Skill" level of aerial combos has been toned down greatly with things like the moveset not having to be reset to use the same move multiple times. Even things like the gravity which looks off as well as some moves rather than make D "float" actually elevate him further into the air

-Difficulty in general

- The weapons, I have nothing against an axe or scythe but they don't seem to have put much effort into the movesets. They seem to be clones of each other just with varying speed and range (see DMC2s weapons)

- DT mechanics, seems to be thrown in at the last minute to "appease" the raging masses and as a result it seems to lack practicability and doesn't fit into their game story wise (but we aren't discussing that atmo). What I mean by this is it seems like the mechanic this DT is going for is to make the aerial combos easier, which is silly as they are already ridiculously easy.

-Finishing moves.

-Slow-mo moments.

-Platforming elements. I'm sure everyone will agree that they were the WORST part of previous DMCs. More of a nitpick though as we haven't seem many platforming elements.

-The control scheme itself, take my word that weapon switching is not something you want on the D-pad. Imagine trying to chain any move into a Stinger, you would need similar timings to the Trickster Royalguard dash. Not necessarily gameplay related, but relates to the gameplay.

-30 FPS.

-Frame rate drop, even in these trailers that show only about 4-6 enemies on screen.

- Lack of invincibility frames and cancels (something western developers struggle with)

- Um.... I like how the music is supposed to build up as the style meter does. But as we haven't seen that yet, I don't like the music style of this game and it doesn't affect the gameplay I guess personally I'm in a similar boat to Meg when it comes to likes :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom