• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your favorite mythology

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i would like to know which is your favorite mythology and why do you think is good and interesting?

mine has to be Greek Mythology

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I dont know many, so im gona stick with greek aswel, i do like the japanese one aswel though

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The Greeks were geniuses, they invented the steam train, democracy, philosophy and a lot of other stuff. The appeal is, I guess, that there mythology operates in such a vivid and eclectic manner that it attracts more people than say... Malawi mythology.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well for me it's just because the stories are interesting and it gets my imagination going and i think of a lot of things, like i picture what the monsters look like and i have a lot of other reason why i like them too, but the post would be really long...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
chob101;135809 said:
well for me it's just because the stories are interesting and it gets my imagination going and i think of a lot of things, like i picture what the monsters look like and i have a lot of other reason why i like them too, but the post would be really long...

Like I said, they're vivid and eclectic (i.e. varied) which is why they're so immensely popular.

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i don't mind about the posts.this thread is to tell chich mythology u like the most and most important an explanation on why did u guys like it,

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
For me it's the way of the Celts as not only did it involve getting my tongue around some interesting proto-gaelic utterences but the stories are so rich and colourful. As well as this, several of the stories interlink and it's just really intersting, the ways in which they coincide.

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
The Phantarch;135812 said:
For me it's the way of the Celts as not only did it involve getting my tongue around some interesting proto-gaelic utterences but the stories are so rich and colourful. As well as this, several of the stories interlink and it's just really intersting, the ways in which they coincide.

well said...

i think that greek mythology is a bit more close to reality than other mythology.just an opinion though

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i was reading this on the book and i find it that it has some sence:

WHEN Jupiter and his brothers had defeated the Titans and banished them to Tartarus, a new enemy rose up against the gods. They were the giants Typhon, Briareus, Enceladus, and others. Some of them had a hundred arms, others breathed out fire. They were finally subdued and buried alive under Mount AEtna, where they still sometimes struggle to get loose, and shake the whole island with earthquakes. Their breath comes up through the mountain, and is what men call the eruption of the volcano.

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
My favorite mythology has got to be Norse (which I believe is a variance of the Celtic mythology...correct me if that's not right, I'm just going off of prior research).

I love the myth of Ragnarock and how Fenrir will kill Odin at Ragnarock (if you haven't noticed by now, I'm a big fan of death). He was involved in one of my favorite books, so I looked it up and now I'm hooked. Hell, I pray to him. No more of this God bullsh*t, I'll pray to who I want.

but anyways, yeah, I'm a big fan of Norse mythology

devil_slater.pr;135796 said:
i would like to know which is your favorite mythology and why do you think is good and interesting?

mine has to be Greek Mythology

well i can also say that greek mythology is awesome:)
one of my other favorite mythology is ancient egyptian with their gods, i actually liked it from playing 2 games:tomb raider 4 and serious sam:p

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Norse mythology > Greek mythology

I like Egyptian mythology too, mainly due to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. SKY DRAGON OF RA AND OBELISK FTW!

Top Bottom