• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would Old Vergil have killed Lilith?

Would old Vergil kill Lilith?

• hell yeah.

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • No, he's too honorable.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
As an American we have similar and I quote SIMILAR services and similar ways of thinking when it comes to the young adult demographic. I too am not all that interested in chasing relationships....actually I am its just marriages but its for financial reasons and I don't like kids....as of now that is. A lot of young adults are less interested in marriages and children than prior generations the only difference we go about in different ways from Japan. Although the population isn't getting tremendously smaller but I guess its due to how Japan is so small where the states is so large and spread out such beliefs and services don't spread so large as well as the states being a very religious influenced or traditional society compared to Japan which is becoming a more atheist/agnostic nation although there is some Buddhism and Christianity present there.

Maybe the lack of interest in marriage and relationships stems from my generation having the biggest number of parents divorcing.
Who wants to marry when they see their parents, people supposed to be role models for adult relationships, arguing and fighting with no care for the children That sort of thing really messes a person up, sometimes for life, espcially if the cause for divorce is one parent having affairs.
I know women and men who have messed up views of the opposite gender because their mother or father had an affair. It makes them distrust, label all men as cheaters only after sex, or all women being gold digging whores.

As for Japan and religion. It's not completely agnostic or athiest, though when asked, Japanese will usually shy away from stating their religious affiliation.
It is a religious place, but they do not shove it in your face like some places do.
Japanese are usually Shinto and Buddhist at the same time; they have festivals, go to shrine on important occasions, hold their ancestors in high regard, and have christian themed weddings mixed with traditional Japanese elements even if the people being married are not christian. They just like the image of the white dress and church.:tongue:
They just pick and choose which kind of tradition is best to follow for them. It doesn't mean they are godless or faithless. It's like how Japan adopts aspects of other cultures and then turns them into something more suitable to Japanese people.

I don't think it's something that's going to go away any time soon. Their women now have power that they didn't have before and they seem to think that getting married and having kids means giving that up. They were oppressed so much that I doubt they're going to allow the possibility of going back any time soon.

As for the men, I don't think they'd have much of a chance in their own country. They'd have to find someone outside and then that's pretty iffy, too.

Like you, I'm not that interested in relationships either. But I think what's going to keep America's population up is the fact that teen pregnancies are being rewarded with TV shows. America has found some way to encourage the birth rate. Not that I think it's a good one.
Yep. Women traditionally were expected to be home, have babies and that was it. Even now some women are still expected to give up work when they are married. Surely a woman working would take some earning pressure away from the man considering how much Japanese men hve to work.

Aside from that, they saw their parents in loveless marriages for convenience. Then when children are raised, the two parents are like strangers and file for divorce. Who wants that?

Plus, Japanese men are made to work like wage slaves so they have no time to be with family. There is no love or affection because they are made to work too much because they have a family to support. So wives feel like all work at home is up to them, and men think that their only use is to be a bank. It's not a marriage of love, more like the traditional sense of marriage as a busininess contract.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/suicide.forrest.japan/
This article here basically says that men in Japan put so much of their identity into their job that, wehen they lose it, the man feels worthless. That kind of culture is toxic for men and women if men are killing themselves because they think they are useless. That's all down to men having all the jobs for so long, being told they are only useful if they are earning, can only have a wife if they have money. Why can't there be a balance?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Moving on

Maybe some gamers can't handle it because it's SOOO edgy.

I never found Dante insulting Mundus about killing his kid that bad. I found it pretty damn cool because Dante was insulting an immortal demon God right to his face and was smirking too which made his cool factor grow in my book. I know old Dante insulted powerful demon gods too, but new Dante is set in a contemperate setting where sh*t like that won't fly as easy.

And where did that get him.

Being blasted out of the building and 50 meters across the city all the while screaming...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOcSZlPrzOs

I always wanted to say that but the discussion went of course quite quickly.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
And where did that get him.

Being blasted out of the building and 50 meters across the city all the while screaming...................

I always wanted to say that but the discussion went of course quite quickly.
Still, it got the job done:wink: Mundus out of his office and pretty angry. I love how Vergil was like a cheerleader in that scene, just hiding there and whispering 'get him ****ed':laugh:
Still, if Vergil hadn't been around, Dante probably would've been screwed.

EllDawn

Yep. Women traditionally were expected to be home, have babies and that was it. Even now some women are still expected to give up work when they are married. Surely a woman working would take some earning pressure away from the man considering how much Japanese men hve to work.

Aside from that, they saw their parents in loveless marriages for convenience. Then when children are raised, the two parents are like strangers and file for divorce. Who wants that?

Plus, Japanese men are made to work like wage slaves so they have no time to be with family. There is no love or affection because they are made to work too much because they have a family to support. So wives feel like all work at home is up to them, and men think that their only use is to be a bank. It's not a marriage of love, more like the traditional sense of marriage as a busininess contract.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/suicide.forrest.japan/
This article here basically says that men in Japan put so much of their identity into their job that, wehen they lose it, the man feels worthless. That kind of culture is toxic for men and women if men are killing themselves because they think they are useless. That's all down to men having all the jobs for so long, being told they are only useful if they are earning, can only have a wife if they have money. Why can't there be a balance?
What was said in that article about them trying to stop the suicides in the forest...they're going about it the wrong way. They're not addressing the real problem. As you said, for them, their jobs become their identity. That's what they need to change. They need to give everyone a chance to actually make their own identities outside of work and remember that they're not robots. They've gotten ahead of most everyone else because of being so obsessed with advancing, but the price is way too high. They need to find a balance or they're not going to be around in the future.

And it's pretty sad that, for the most part, their marriages were more like business contracts rather than being for love. They might as well just be roommates rather than married.

Maybe this is how the human race will end, with too many people being too concerned about their careers to actually keep the species alive.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Late answer but yes. Most definitely DMC3 Vergil would kill Lilith. However, he would confront her face on and not shoot her from the back. He took the much more manlier approach in my opinion.
BTW DMC3 Vergil doesn't approve of guns as a weapon so I've heard.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Late answer but yes. Most definitely DMC3 Vergil would kill Lilith. However, he would confront her face on and not shoot her from the back. He took the much more manlier approach in my opinion.
BTW DMC3 Vergil doesn't approve of guns as a weapon so I've heard.

Prolly wouldve went all alice in wonderland bloody red queen and off with her head lol

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Honor is a pretty bad word used to describe Classic Vergil.

As an unbiased member, I would have to say that Classic Vergil would have promptly offed her in whatever ways possible. The old Vergil never had any honor, it was all just a glorified version of pride and arrogance that he kept around himself. Vergil was willing to bring a colossal demon tower up from the earth, in the middle of a populated city, where I'm sure thousands of people lived. And from what I've seen in DMC3, the surrounding city is totally trashed AND overrun with demons.

Live in that City?

Ur ****ed bro.

New Vergil also doesn't have any honor. He had it, right up until he decided that Kat wasn't worth saving, and that Dante deserved to die after he refused to rule along side him. But at one point he was an honorable character and had honor, before his motivations took a darker turn.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
New Vergil also doesn't have any honor. He had it, right up until he decided that Kat wasn't worth saving, and that Dante deserved to die after he refused to rule along side him. But at one point he was an honorable character and had honor, before his motivations took a darker turn.

Actually Vergil was always dishonorable in DmC. It's just at the beginning we didn't know as much as to what Vergil was like.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh you know something?

People talk about how Vergil hates using guns, but...uh...he used the sh!t out of Coyote-A as Gilver in the DMC1 novel :p

novel5.jpg

EDIT: And now I suddenly realize Vergil giving Dante the Revenant shotgun in DmC may be a nod to the DMC1 novel...HA!

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh you know something?

People talk about how Vergil hates using guns, but...uh...he used the sh!t out of Coyote-A as Gilver in the DMC1 novel :p

novel5.jpg

EDIT: And now I suddenly realize Vergil giving Dante the Revenant shotgun in DmC maybe be a nod to the DMC1 novel...HA!

Now you just opened up a can of worms bringing Gilver (and the DMC1 novel) in this, he is cool but Gilver seems to contradict a lot of aspects of DMC3 Vergil as well DMC1 Nelo Angelo (Vergil). Unless after falling into the Underworld and being Mundus's slave made Vergil like using guns and using dirty cheap tactics and then all of a sudden he is Nelo Angelo who is a polar opposite of Gilver.

Plus wasn't he using Yamato and it broke (or dissolved away) after he was kil...I mean defeated and there it is in DMC4 only broken in 2. The DMC1 novel shares a lot of contradictions to DMC3 and the DMC3 manga.

Plus isn't Gilver and the DMC1 novel itself all just Shin Ya's own interpretation of the series and DMC3 and DMC1 novel were handled by 2 different people.

I guess the problem here is that with these bonus materials (comics, mangas, novels, etc) they're letting writers and stuff not associated with the company or the games write them and not paying much attention and add stuff that seems to contradict their works or later works (such as in DMC1 and DMC4 Dante preaching about humanity and the value of humans despite he is shown casually killing them in the DMC1 and DMC2 novels even if he has his reasons). Then materials are applied that either contradict a fact in the series or the actual writers of the series don't pay attention to the material present in these off work materials and they put something that contradicts these works. This problem also applies to DmC.

I guess one way to fix this is either just do what the DMC1 comic and DMC4 novel did and just do an alternate version or more detailed version of the games story/events or derivative of such or pull a Sonic Archie comic (or do what the MegaMan, Pokemon, and Street Fighter mangas/comics do) and do an alternative universe or alternate retelling or something but since compared to those series DMC has a relatively clear and focused narrative whereas Pokemon, MM, SF, and early Sonic games (or early games in general) required an imagination to see the story in a particular light so it was easy doing retellings and alternate universes and make sense. I mean you wouldn't want to rely on off set material to explain more on the games story otherwise you'll have a DMC3 (this includes the rest too as well as DmC but DMC3 is more notorious) situation where people are confused on some stuff because answers that are missing from the game's narrative are present in a manga/comic that is really hard to find.....well you could and you end up hiring people who don't fully understand the story and characters and issues arises at least the DMC4 manga was written by the same guy who wrote DMC4....and DMC3 and Capcom was on the DMC3 manga...which ended up with the artist getting annoyed and quitting before finishing.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In Capcom Unity site, sometime ago , Sven came foward saying novels, manga and artbooks were to be considered canon. In case of major contradictions, games come first.
So, for Capcom, what we call canon is quite flexible and DMC media gives a lot of information about things DMC games leave empty.
What makes most people rejecting those books is not because of the contradictions they could have, but the fact they subvert fans headcanons.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In Capcom Unity site, sometime ago , Sven came foward saying novels, manga and artbooks were to be considered canon. In case of major contradictions, games come first.
So, for Capcom, what we call canon is quite flexible and DMC media gives a lot of information about things DMC games leave empty.
What makes most people rejecting those books is not because of the contradictions they could have, but the fact they subvert fans headcanons.

When Sven said this was he referring to particular franchises or all franchises in general?

Since its a post on the Capom Unity website you who can get such hard to attain info can possibly find it and link it here?

Gel

Premium
I remember Sven was talking specifically about DMC franchise.I know a lot of people read it in Capcom-Unity and it was before the reboot was even thought about. At this moment I can't give you the link, but I already have some people searching for it too. As you may know Capcom Unity is a hell when comes to try to find something.
As soon as I get it , I bring it here.This is a promise.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I remember Sven was talking specifically about DMC franchise.I know a lot of people read it in Capcom-Unity and it was before the reboot was even thought about. At this moment I can't give you the link, but I already have some people searching for it too. As you may know Capcom Unity is a hell when comes to try to find something.
As soon as I get it , I bring it here.This is a promise.

You have people working for you???

Plus its Capcom Unity I used to be a member there so I know how they run things and trying to find it shouldn't be too hard especially if it was before the reboot so anything 3-4 years ago and beyond can work. Plus the website is very structured like any forum telling you the dates or last time a particular thread was replied upon and the DMC section is very small too especially if you eliminate DmC in the searching criteria.

As soon as you get it here and show me I'll move on with my day.

Gel

Premium
Top Bottom