• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worth playing?

Play DMC2 or not?

• Go for it

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No, it sucks

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedemon789

Bluedemon
i played it regardless of the reviews just to say i've played and beaten all the games, its alright, its not as bad as most people say but any one of us could have thought of a better story line

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I don't love it. I don't completely hate yet. I think the only reason I bought it was cause you could play as Trish...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I always say that you should experience a game for yourself. What others may not enjoy, you might. That's why i ignore reviews. (wish i hadn't ignored the review of Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360 *shivers*, gawd, that was terrible)
I've always heard DMC2 was rubbish. But after having it for nearly two years, i went back to it again and kinda enjoyed it.

As they say, you'll never know unless you try it for yourself (knock yourself out... not literally)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Complete the game as Dante on hard mode or complete both discs Dante and Lucia on any mode...

DanteMustNotDie

I just beat mission six...so far my impressions:

1) God is this game easy. I remember walking around in DMC and DMC3 going "Okay now where the heck do I take this item..." nothing like that in this game. Also the bosses take a lot of damage from simple attacks.

2) Man the controls for melee attacks are really clunky. I've been playing 3 for so long...its weird, I feel like my sword is useless. Dante was more talented as a teen.

3) Woah ebony and ivory actually work in this game. In DMC and DMC3 you can shoot an enemy 282728972 times and nothing happens. They actually do damage in this one.

4) This is more praise for DMC3 but: I LOVE the fact that Dante runs up walls and stuff like his trickster style in DMC3. It's almost like he's refined it over the years so that it doesnt have to be set. Same for shooting in opposite directions ala gunslinger.

5) Did I miss the opening cutscene where Dante got his tonsils removed and isn't allowed to talk for the length of the game? He's said about two sentences so far...

6) Is there a plot? So far all I've heard is "Yeah can you stop that guy for us?" and now I'm running through the city fighting helicopters. WTF.

It's not a "bad" game, but it's definitely not on par with DMC and DMC3 I'd probably think it was more fun if it wasnt a DMC title, and I expected more. It's worth playing.

Also if the threads too old I dont mean to bump it, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread when this one was perfect to post in.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm going to agree with everyone else, DMC2 is not as good as DMC3 or 4 but what it is, it's fun. Play it beat it and that's that matters. ^_^

DanteMustNotDie;199000 said:
I just beat mission six...so far my impressions:

1) God is this game easy. I remember walking around in DMC and DMC3 going "Okay now where the heck do I take this item..." nothing like that in this game. Also the bosses take a lot of damage from simple attacks.

2) Man the controls for melee attacks are really clunky. I've been playing 3 for so long...its weird, I feel like my sword is useless. Dante was more talented as a teen.

3) Woah ebony and ivory actually work in this game. In DMC and DMC3 you can shoot an enemy 282728972 times and nothing happens. They actually do damage in this one.

4) This is more praise for DMC3 but: I LOVE the fact that Dante runs up walls and stuff like his trickster style in DMC3. It's almost like he's refined it over the years so that it doesnt have to be set. Same for shooting in opposite directions ala gunslinger.

5) Did I miss the opening cutscene where Dante got his tonsils removed and isn't allowed to talk for the length of the game? He's said about two sentences so far...

6) Is there a plot? So far all I've heard is "Yeah can you stop that guy for us?" and now I'm running through the city fighting helicopters. WTF.

It's not a "bad" game, but it's definitely not on par with DMC and DMC3 I'd probably think it was more fun if it wasnt a DMC title, and I expected more. It's worth playing.

Also if the threads too old I dont mean to bump it, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread when this one was perfect to post in.

Hahahahahahaha, You got that right :lol: :lol:

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Ebony & Ivory 666;180877 said:
it may be the worst dmc game but that doesn't mean its a bad game...

i couldn't put it better if i tried. as far as the DMC franchise goes, the only thing more disappointing was the DmC trailer, but if you ignore the devil may cry in the title, it's not a horrific game. i just pretend that it doesn't exist in the dmc universe and i'm fine. lol

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Dante'sgirl;297547 said:
I've played DMC2 and I had a good time....

honestly, i enjoyed it. i just can't see it as a devil may cry. it's a good game in it's own right but it's far from dmc worthy to me.

WTFNERO

HOLY HELL **** ON A SHINGLE BAT MAN WTF IS THAT WHITE THING!!
and eh it was ok...bored me after beating it and i disliked the glitchy graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom