• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worth playing?

Play DMC2 or not?

• Go for it

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No, it sucks

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Is this game worth playing through?
I have had this game for almost a year, and i have played 2 missions then got bored and went back to DMC3, and i am wondering, is it worth playing or should it just sit in my collection?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Rather keep it in your collection,and let it rust,you should play it. The game has their good stuffs too,such as Cool Devil Trigger forms.:)

ManOfMayhem

You may aswell just play it to know how the storyline goes and it also has two of the best Devil Trigger forms.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
DMC2 is cool. It may not be the best DMC game but it is sure better than Dynasty Warriors and all these other mediocre action titles I tell you what.

So GO FOR IT OR NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Keaton

Premium
^As Esura said, its not the best DMC but it is well worth the 4 hours of gameplay you get lol

Go for it, the last bosses are quite nice to fight :D

The Da3dra

Master Of War
you should play it. i had bought the box set of the first 3 games and i felt like i had to beat it, i just cant let a game go unbeaten, its like ill die O_O

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well, i borrowed DMC1, liked it, bought DMC3:SE, then DMC1, then DMC3, then i got DMC2, and DMC2 is the only one i have yet to play lol, but i guess that i should play through, i just dont like the system of having all the different DT's lol oh well

Naoki

Midnight Prowler
It's okay...Out of the four it is the worst. But if you're a hardcore fan you should play it.

Keaton

Premium
Vauxchen;127452 said:
well, i borrowed DMC1, liked it, bought DMC3:SE, then DMC1, then DMC3, then i got DMC2, and DMC2 is the only one i have yet to play lol, but i guess that i should play through, i just dont like the system of having all the different DT's lol oh well

TBH the multiple DT choices don't really make a difference...you can change them at any time and the main difference is if you want to fly, run faster or have more power :D

+ using the dodge button pretty much makes you invincible :D

Zato-OW

King
Well i cant hate the game that brought me into the series so i say go for it. When I first played a DMC game it was DMC2 and I loved the game at the time. Even after learning about DMC1. I loved his attitude in DMC2, because in DMC1 everything seemed forced and way too cheesy. Then DMC3 came out and I never went back to 1 or 2. DMC2 is a good game but a sucky DMC game but also is worth a try. O yeah DMC2 was rated #1 for the best OST in the DMC series(this is before DMC4) I believe. Like I said its worth a try but don't expect too much out of it.

Keaton

Premium
^You recieve amulets that allow you to customize your DT, ie. wether you want to run faster, fly or have more attack power.

You can also change the equipped element of your attack ie. Lightning or Fire

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i would like to leave this topic open if possible, because i would like to know what other people think, and it could advise some newbies, but based on the 100% thing, i think i will play it lol

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'll say the usual here again:lol:

Devil May Cry 2 is a nice game. It's just so different in both Dante's character, storyline, gameplay, etc which made people who love the Devil May Cry series for these exact reason, feel like it sucks.

But if you play it just because you want to play a nice video game, it certainly feels nice. It also has some cool features like playing with Trish (who has Sparda and is therefore stronger than Dante or so I've heard since I never unlocked due to my Lucia disk having issues).

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
^Onimusha was awesome, what are you talking about?:huh:

Loved DMC2 just because I love this series so much. Even though this game wasn't as good as the other as we all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom