• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst moment in Devil May Cry

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Worst moment in story terms ~ Dante just LEAVING the Sparda sword and the amulet on Trish's body. This is Hell, dude. It's full of monsters and whatever else and you just leave this stuff there for someone to find? Plus his treating Trish as though she WAS actually his mother was kind of a switch from the last time he saw her and told her she had no soul. But I guesssssss it was the first game and they had no reason to assume it would be a success or leave it open-ended so the story and the environment are kind of all over the place. Still love it though~

I KNOW RIGHT???

Probably the dumbest thing Dante has ever done.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yah kind of very illogical

One thing I don't understand was the plane escape. This island was devoid of human life for god knows how long and everything seem so medieval so the plane seem so out of place with everything else (granted you did find a shotgun and a grenade launcher) and yet this plane can still operate and fly none the less despite falling down into the sewers after the battle with Mundus in perfect condition.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
One thing I don't understand was the plane escape. This island was devoid of human life for god knows how long and everything seem so medieval so the plane seem so out of place with everything else (granted you did find a shotgun and a grenade launcher) and yet this plane can still operate and fly none the less despite falling down into the sewers after the battle with Mundus in perfect condition.

These are the things that gamers notice and question and the developers respond with " its a video game stop ove thinking it or" we had to think of something" lol while were going "really???" thats the best you could come up with"???

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Y'know, Dante leaving Sparda and his amulet behind in DMC1 is actually made into a retroactively WORSE idea because of DMC3, where Dante gets to see firsthand just how important the amulet and the Force Edge are, especially to those who wish to do evil.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Y'know, Dante leaving Spard and his amulet behind in DMC1 is actually made into a retroactively WORSE idea because of DMC3, where Dante gets to see firsthand just how important the amulet and the Force Edge are, especially to those who wish to do evil.

Couldnt agree more lol

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy

What you mean Karnival?
Yeah I agree, but I think it does say in the game that "adventurers" had often stumbled across the island and I think it may have even hinted to a Bermuda Triangle sort of thing (it also changed location a lot apparently) so I guess it's no too far fetched to assume some travelers might have been passing overhead and either decided to check out the island or had to emergency land and were then killed by demons. But I can't imagine a demon taking a plane to the castle so it still doesn't really make sense and the falling down into the sewer AND there being a hole that opens up that the plane can fly out of into a massive cave structure is just crazy.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
What you mean Karnival?
Yeah I agree, but I think it does say in the game that "adventurers" had often stumbled across the island and I think it may have even hinted to a Bermuda Triangle sort of thing (it also changed location a lot apparently) so I guess it's no too far fetched to assume some travelers might have been passing overhead and either decided to check out the island or had to emergency land and were then killed by demons. But I can't imagine a demon taking a plane to the castle so it still doesn't really make sense and the falling down into the sewer AND there being a hole that opens up that the plane can fly out of into a massive cave structure is just crazy.

Just another plot hole in the devil may cry series lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I just remembered another bit I didn't like and that was the nightmare fights as they were boring and cheap

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm torn on that, I didn't like when you got pulled inside and had to fight the older bosses, but at the same time I did like the idea of it. I think I like the whole thing on a good day, haha.

epicfallen

Every time I got pulled into nightmare, I always died >.< I think I managed to get out once against Phantom, but that was about it. Best to avoid XD

Railazel

Just another plot hole in the devil may cry series lol

Not really, all you have to know is that someone landed there recently enough for the plane to still be operable. I thought it might have been Dante's plane since they never tell you how he got to the island in the first place.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Not really, all you have to know is that someone landed there recently enough for the plane to still be operable. I thought it might have been Dante's plane since they never tell you how he got to the island in the first place.

But it makes little sense that they would park a plane inside the castle, and then start out at the outskirts as if he'd never been there before. I think they're may have also been some comment about how it looks like it's been there for a while.

It's also just really weird that the plane is in there in the first place because there's no physical way for that plane to get out of the room it's in, other than the way it does through a crumbling floor >.<

I sorta wonder if they didn't know how to end the game originally, so they shoved the plane in there and used Sparda's flying segment to control the plane for a grand escape at the end.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
But it makes little sense that they would park a plane inside the castle, and then start out at the outskirts as if he'd never been there before. I think they're may have also been some comment about how it looks like it's been there for a while.

It's also just really weird that the plane is in there in the first place because there's no physical way for that plane to get out of the room it's in, other than the way it does through a crumbling floor >_<

I sorta wonder if they didn't know how to end the game originally, so they shoved the plane in there and used Sparda's flying segment to control the plane for a grand escape at the end.

Yah the plane thing really seemed like the writers went "and then the island explodes...wait how does he get off the island..a speed boat...no too 007...a ski-do...no that wont work either...a plane you say...sure why not!!!

Railazel

It's also just really weird that the plane is in there in the first place because there's no physical way for that plane to get out of the room it's in, other than the way it does through a crumbling floor >_<

No, they had an established ending since they repeated it in RE 4. I would assume that they just didn't flesh out how the plane got there. Although, I wouldn't consider it a major plothole, a small one if not just something that can be easily overlooked. However, looking back at it, it seems the plane was being built from within the castle. Maybe the floor underneath it was meant to be its runway.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Wait...why would a cliche "grand escape" ending from RE4 have any bearing on DMC1 when DMC1 came well ahead of RE4, and it's...well...a cliche?

It's difficult to swallow the idea of there being a runway anywhere for Karnival, though, since the room it's in is like...in the middle of the castle :s

Looks like Karnival will remain a mystery.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Wait...why would a cliche "grand escape" ending from RE4 have any bearing on DMC1 when DMC1 came well ahead of RE4, and it's...well...a cliche?

It's difficult to swallow the idea of there being a runway anywhere for Karnival, though, since the room it's in is like...in the middle of the castle :s

Looks like Karnival will remain a mystery.

Just one of those things in a game that doesnt make a lot of sense that gamers are just expected to roll with

Top Bottom