• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst moment in Devil May Cry

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I actually wonder if they may have changed those controls for the HD collection, since they changed some of the normal controls (X is jump, Triangle is sword, etc).

I dont understand the comment about controls lol i know that i sound like a newb but cant you change the controls in every dmc game??? i mean thats what made the game sooo much better to have triggers as the guns and lock on and x for sword y for style b for trigger and a for jump and as fr as ive played you can change the controls to whatever you like for the hd collection..the only thing ill complain about is how in dmc4 how the exceed has to be a trigger>.<!!!!!!! i perfer LT lock on RT shoot

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You couldn't in DMC1 or DMC2, and DMC1 had different controls that were very much still akin to Resident Evil's. Circle was melee attack, X was investigate, Triangle was jump, Square or X was shoot, but you could only shoot if you were holding in R1 for a target (or you were hitting Square while you were in midair for air shots).

DMC2 gave us the control scheme that's become the default, but we didn't get the ability to customize our configuration until DMC3.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You couldn't in DMC1 or DMC2, and DMC1 had different controls that were very much still akin to Resident Evil's. Circle was melee attack, X was investigate, Triangle was jump, Square or X was shoot, but you could only shoot if you were holding in R1 for a target (or you were hitting Square while you were in midair for air shots).

DMC2 gave us the control scheme that's become the default, but we didn't get the ability to customize our configuration until DMC3.

*SHIVERS* thats...thats just...unfair...i have played and lived by the ability to change my controls to my liking to maximize the efficency of my dmc skills...taking that away...thats just not fair lol

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeahp...I'm a firm believer that you should always be able to configure the controls how you want, even if it would conflict with certain things in the game - give me the full option, and let me find out what works and what doesn't with my playstyle.

It's sorta funny, especially since DMC1 didn't have a lot of what makes a DMC feel like a DMC game these days (insane custom-combo depth). About the only mainstay from the gameplay is, like, launching and bullet juggling, and pause combos. The latter was actually pretty crazy because you actually had three different combos with the swords in DMC1, with two pause combos, based on how long you delayed your input on the pause. They should bring that back.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeahp...I'm a firm believer that you should always be able to configure the controls how you want, even if it would conflict with certain things in the game - give me the full option, and let me find out what works and what doesn't with my playstyle.

It's sorta funny, especially since DMC1 didn't have a lot of what makes a DMC feel like a DMC game these days (insane custom-combo depth). About the only mainstay from the gameplay is, like, launching and bullet juggling, and pause combos. The latter was actually pretty crazy because you actually had three different combos with the swords in DMC1, with two pause combos, based on how long you delayed your input on the pause. They should bring that back.

*sigh* this is going to be harder then i thought being used to dmc 4 and going to dmc 1

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Consider it another part of the challenge :p

But don't fret too much. I'd imagine a lot of why you have the controls set up the way you do is for insane combos and extremely fast-paced fights? Well...things are slightly more subdued in DMC1. You'll get the hang of it, don't worry.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Consider it another part of the challenge :p

But don't fret too much. I'd imagine a lot of why you have the controls set up the way you do is for insane combos and extremely fast-paced fights? Well...things are slightly more subdued in DMC1. You'll get the hang of it, don't worry.

its mostly because im used to COD and gears sooo LT AIM RT SHOOT and im used to dbz soooo X HIT Y STYLE OR BUSTER(WHICH IS STRONG HIT WHICH IS MORE SOUL CALIBUR I GUESS) AND B DEVIL TRIGGER AND A JUMP WITH RB AND LB BEING W.E ) i hate that exceed has to be a trigger lol, but yah with these controls i rock the only reason i have to redo missions in human mode to s rank is because there are too few enemies lol i kill them off to quickly and with dante its hard as hell to chain combos when im knocking demons across the bloody map lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
There's two that stand out for me:
1. LIIIIIIGHT.... I don't hate it, but it's like watching a relative dance really embarrassingly at a family wedding.
2. Swimming in the ship. I hate FPS.

From what ive heard and read im not looking forward to the swimming part :/

epicfallen

Not only the swimming parts, but for some reason the second fight against Griffon annoyed me a lot, which takes place on a ship. I always died on that fight, and never on the other two XD

epicfallen

Not only the swimming parts, but for some reason the second fight against Griffon annoyed me a lot, which takes place on a ship. I always died on that fight, and never on the other two XD

DarkSlayer54

I actually loved the "LIGHT!" moment, and the underwater sections. The delivery on Dante's quote was amazing (Kind of like "over 9000"). I also like the underwater section because its an easy S.
But I dunno, I'm weird.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Don't like the timed section, or underwater parts

The camera is clunky and the combat mechanics don't work well in confined spaces, i.e. underwater, cage fight in sewer, ship fight with Griffon, and final fight with Nightmare. Dante's slow ass in this game doesn't help when you're stuck in a small area with enemies or objects moving twice as fast as he can. I put it down to it being the first game, that uses both fixed and auto camera angles. But yeah, the ship fight with the giant bird isn't nearly as enjoyable as it should be because it's made difficult to navigate the area. A lot of sections feel too short and there without any sort of real reason, like the ship. Why did we have to get on this ship again? Just so it could crash, etc.~

Worst moment in story terms ~ Dante just LEAVING the Sparda sword and the amulet on Trish's body. This is Hell, dude. It's full of monsters and whatever else and you just leave this stuff there for someone to find? Plus his treating Trish as though she WAS actually his mother was kind of a switch from the last time he saw her and told her she had no soul. But I guesssssss it was the first game and they had no reason to assume it would be a success or leave it open-ended so the story and the environment are kind of all over the place. Still love it though~

Top Bottom