• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Sparda Be Playable?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, IGN said that they saw six playable characters... could the sixth one be Sparda?

Maybe they just miscounted. Or the secret character will end up being someone else.

I really hope it's not Lucia... :/

Last edited:

InfernoDante

Probably someone signed them to shut up when he said 6 playable characters haha
I don't think it is Lucia, since most fans hate DMC 2. Sparda, though, has already appeared twice as a costume, so it seems very possible to me.
How awesome could Sparda moveset be with some actual effort put in it?

scionicspectre

There's some other misinformation in that video (Trish being a secret playable character since the first game, DMC 4 PC coming out 'a couple' of years ago), so I wouldn't give it much thought.

Having a playable Sparda would be interesting though, simply to answer the question of how he would fight. I mean, they could very easily just give him Yamato, Force Edge (or Sparda), and Luce & Ombra without changing the movesets at all and just say 'there, we did it, now stop whining'.

However, a dynamic moveset built around the Sparda sword's morphing capabilities and the dragon form could be interesting enough to provide something new. They could make the Sparda sword into a Scythe and Axe, much like DmC did with Rebellion, while giving Yamato very different moves.

InfernoDante

I was expecting some ass kicking Sparda sword attacks in Trish, but it looks like she has few attacks with it. They could give some decent Sparda sword moves to the LDK, right? DMC4Se is all about fanservice anyway

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Mostly that would be that Sparda ends as Dante costume in SE version of DMC 4, but well would be suprised if he ends as Playable Character.

scionicspectre

Speaking of costumes, wouldn't you guys agree that it's about time 'Super' was a simple modifier, rather than relying on the costume itself?

As much as I love Sparda, having to use the Super Sparda costume in 3 to have infinite DT for co-op got a little old, especially with all those unique DT models Dante had.

That said, it would be really cool if their way of making Sparda playable would be similar to the way Nelo Angelo was playable in 3: SE. That is, give him the Sparda sword in DT while using his costume and give him unique moves in that state. It would be a great hidden extra.

Blazer-X

Speaking of costumes, wouldn't you guys agree that it's about time 'Super' was a simple modifier, rather than relying on the costume itself?

As much as I love Sparda, having to use the Super Sparda costume in 3 to have infinite DT for co-op got a little old, especially with all those unique DT models Dante had.

That said, it would be really cool if their way of making Sparda playable would be similar to the way Nelo Angelo was playable in 3: SE. That is, give him the Sparda sword in DT while using his costume and give him unique moves in that state. It would be a great hidden extra.

Ditto for Vergil and Nelo, please.

Tbh, I am a little puzzled at how many costumes they would include for each character. The problem is the imbalance: Dante and Vergil both have a decent number of choices from past games. Trish and Lady both have at least 1 confirmed for each. But Nero? Nero has no official alternates as of yet. So unless they plan on making entirely new alts for Nero, hes looking kinda lonely there for now.

scionicspectre

I think they'll figure something out. I wouldn't be surprised if Nero got his own Sparda costume as well as some of the early designs from the concept art. Also, coatless could look interesting.

scionicspectre

Yes he does. Officially confirmed. There was a guy on the official Facebook page asking about Nero, and he was answered by the page admin that yes, Nero's got skins.

Every character has costumes. Nero, Dante, Vergil, Lady and Trish.

I think Blazer-X was more referring to how Nero hasn't been known to wear anything except for his DMC 4 outfit, unlike the other 4 characters. I think they were just questioning whether Nero's options would be as substantial as everyone else's given this fact. It's good to hear there's more than just one, though. :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think Blazer-X was more referring to how Nero hasn't been known to wear anything except for his DMC 4 outfit, unlike the other 4 characters. I think they were just questioning whether Nero's options would be as substantial as everyone else's given this fact. It's good to hear there's more than just one, though. :)

I believe coatless skin is a given. Maybe also hooded variants. And... some from the scrapped concept arts?

scionicspectre

I believe coatless skin is a given. Maybe also hooded variants. And... some from the scrapped concept arts?

Haha, looks like we're all thinking the same thing (I just mentioned something similar above). I'd love the one with the super-long scarf to show up, as well as a hooded one like you mentioned. I'd also like to see some more casual clothing for everyone, although not quite like that DIESEL brand deal with DMC 2's costumes.

I should apologize to Vergilius for getting so off-topic when I was scolding everyone for putting discussion in the news thread earlier. :p Good ol' hypocrisy.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I personaly think it's a hickup from these guys part, we live in a time were developers are not able to keep anything secret before release since people want to know what they get for their money.

Besides that I'd like them to get the 3 characters right they already have, I really wouldn't know what character they'd be able to bring out other then Lucia, since she is different enough from all others, Sparda would probably play like the other guys from the series.

If there was a playable Lucia that would equalize the field (3 dudes / 3 ladys).

berto

I Saw the Devil
As long as DMC2 outfit for dante is in there I will be happy
Think about that. They're not going to change the body build or face of Dante to match the one he had in DMC2. The get up was perfect with his face and build but in DMC4 he's too bulky and it's gonna look off.

The one I want is DMC3. That one can be made to look identical to 3 since his younger and can look different. I would love to play using this model or one of this quality:
devil_may_cry-1.png

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Think about that. They're not going to change the body build or face of Dante to match the one he had in DMC2. The get up was perfect with his face and build but in DMC4 he's too bulky and it's gonna look off.

The one I want is DMC3. That one can be made to look identical to 3 since his younger and can look different. I would love to play using this model or one of this quality:
devil_may_cry-1.png

I expected you to say DMC1 actually.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
berto, post: 599457, member: 16927"]Think about that. They're not going to change the body build or face of Dante to match the one he had in DMC2. The get up was perfect with his face and build but in DMC4 he's too bulky and it's gonna look off.

devil_may_cry-1.png

They don't need to change his build or face it is simply a skin , if you go on that basis the DMC3 outfit won't work either as he was way slimmer in DMC3

berto

I Saw the Devil
They don't need to change his build or face it is simply a skin , if you go on that basis the DMC3 outfit won't work either as he was way slimmer in DMC3
Sure it will. Like I said, just make him as young as he was in DMC3 and his build and can look like the other game. In DMC1, 2 and 4 the ages are far closer so they wouldn't be changing them.

Top Bottom