• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Sparda Be Playable?

Ixbran

Smashing~
I have no problem with Lucia, i am one of the few that liked DMC2, not as much as i loved DMC1 but there are things i really like about it. from what i understand i thought DMC4 was suppose to tell why Dante was the way he was in DMC2, but it became more focused on Nero. i do find that rather odd through her Demon form looks like that of an angel..but she is a demon so that dose tie into DMC4 in that regard, since most of the order are demons that look like angels. the order might have been connected to arius in someway.

it would be cool to see her back after all this time, again i just feel this was a slip of the tongue on there part, if she dose make it in then it might be in the form of DLC. it was posted on here that SE had a small budget so what we are getting now might even be pushing it, if it sales well we might see more content and maybe even a physical copy here in the states. i just really want freaking alastor and cerberus back...
Lucia's Angelic looking Devil Trigger is likely the result of her being an artificial demon, she was created, along with Arius's Secretary's, with a combination of science and dark magic. Nothing about her is natural in any sense of the word. though despite the fact she is an artificial demon, she is presumably a full blooded demon since we don't know if human DNA was used in her creation. One interesting thing about her though is she was raised among human culture. Now, let that sink in for a moment: Lucia is a demon who was raised around other human beings, with their familial systems, fully free to express her emotions, and not tied down to the demons belief that humans are an inferior race, and all should bow before them. So its a good chance that her demon forms appearance was influenced by her up bringing.

Also she wouldn't be the first 'holy' themed demon, after all the demon Beowolf, from DMC3, was Light Elemental despite being a traditional demon from hell. Not to mention DMC3's The Fallen enemy types were also Light elemental.

And yes, I think it would be awesome if the older weapons from the franchise appeared in DMC4SE as DLC, The Alastor, Cerberus, Agni & Rudra; it would be so cool having them all back.

GabrielXx

i really loved the Designs for both Dante & Lucia from DMC 2, my only fault with that game was the Environments where far to big to the point there where like mini-open worlds so it was very easy to get lost, and then the odd Dante coin tossing thing, but back on topic. i wonder what her move set would be ? it has been years since i played her part of the game, maybe i should jump back in on that one sometime

Ixbran

Smashing~
In DMC2 Lucia's fighting style consisted of slashing attacks with her swords, which are held in reverse grip, and spinning kicking strikes. sSo theoretically, given the enhancements made to the fighting styles of the series, she would be a character that focused more on speed, and less on power. for me, she sort of gives off a Ninja-ish vibe, the throwing knives, the reverse grip short swords, concealing her face within a scarf; if they wanted too they could go Full on Ninja with her fighting style.

Dashing attacks, powerful elemental magic attacks (presumably ice since she starts out with the ice elemental heart, and all of her DT renders depict her with her blue energy swords, which are only blue when youve the ice heart equiped.), possibly moves that involve teleporting, maybe make it so she specializes in knocking enemies into the air, and performing long lasting juggling air combos. Possibly something along the lines of Kotaro Fuma from Capcom's Sengoku Basara series.
Kinda ironic that I compare the two, as both specilize in fighting with short swords held in reverse grip, use throwing blades for projectials, are red heads, and consist of mainly a black/white/grey color scheme.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Forget Y'all who don't want Lucia back, my angel baby deserves to return.

Given the fact that her Devil Trigger is angelic themed, and the obsession over "angels" the holy order has, she'd fit in just fine. Not to mention, despite what the haters want, DMC2 is still part of the official timeline. Having Lucia show up could bridge the game to DMC2, which takes place after 4, and then in DMC5 we can have a game set after DMC2 in the time line, which would be nice. The series would finally be able to move forward onto new things, rather than being limited to making games constantly before previous ones already made.

Not to mention it would be awesome having the entirety of the DMC playable cast, from all the series installments, appear in one game.
Yeeess!

Please Capcom, notice that comment! For the love of Sparda!

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
101467-hi.jpg
Sparda costume for Dante confirmed, via the released Xbone Achievements list. So if there is a 6th playable character, it wont be him.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Yeah, chances are Vergils DT when in that costume will be Nelo Angelo, like in DMC3. So that probably cuts him off the playable 6th character list as well.

Lucia's chances seem to be getting better and better, and i cant help but grin like a loon. Here is hoping the 6th playable character thing is correct.

Creelien

True Spiritualist
Yes, yes! :D With Lucia, all the character will be playable. :D It's bad that Corrupted Vergil has Sparda DT instead of Nelo Angelo.

Top Bottom