• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

For Kam?

You know I got it.

Kam:
"Probably the biggest incidents are tameem going on record bashing on the old dante design
"Dante just isn't cool any more. If he went outside and walked into any bar looking like that, he would be laughed out"

His **** talking our favorite character didn't stop there, he even went and released a pretty insulting series of pictures bashing on dante.
Calling dante a gay cowboy
Dante looks out of place and not cool
Comparing dante to weeaboo cosplayers
He just keeps going
Seriously, an entire gallery of **** just like this"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I heard that the first novel was officially made to be non-canon by Capcom. I myself don't have a source for this, but I'm only posting what I heard, and not what I'm sure of.

So, even if we take this into account, there's still the fact that both of those sources aren't widespread -- so, there should be a thread explaining this, because most people have the attention span of a goldfish and will forget about it immediately.

Let's see if other fans will accept this though, because there's a chance that they won't because of the first novel not being official canon ordeal.

Edit:

Yep, Kam needs a talkin' to.

Viper

Premium
I heard that the first novel was officially made to be non-canon by Capcom. I myself don't have a source for this, but I'm only posting what I heard, and not what I'm sure of.

So, even if we take this into account, there's still the fact that both of those sources aren't widespread -- so, there should be a thread explaining this, because most people have the attention span of a goldfish and will forget about it immediately.

Let's see if other fans will accept this though, because there's a chance that they won't because of the first novel not being official canon ordeal.

Edit:

From what I know it was not officially proclaimed non-canon, the fans just take it as such since it clashes with the story from DMC3.
This is why I talk about Kamiya's Dante and DMC3 Dante as two separate people, because different authors taking different directions made it so. And why I said it's aggravating that information like this is not in the most important source, the games.
Still, in both cases people are given a similar explanation how Dante started off, and Enzo is what these two cases definitely have in common, so one can still use both with a bit of adjustment.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Facts about Kam:
1. States that Ninja Theory placing DMC Dante next to Brokeback Mountain characters means he's associated with homosexuals and therefore is being called gay. "Gay" is used, in Kam's own words, as insulting this fictional character because Kam's so sure Dante isn't "gay" given the hints that he likes women...but there are no hints that he doesn't like men as well. Hm.

2. Kam believes Tameem wants Heavenly Sword 2.

3. Kam believes someone disagreed with him because he's proven to hate homosexuals.
I suppose it's not fair to anyone who's out of the loop on this, but for people who are curious, this is the post that gave Final a mental breakdown, the aftermath of which you are still seeing here. The rest of that thread is him throwing a huge tantrum against me, anyone who sided with me, and even the mods. It's also the first time he's seen holding up sensitive issues (homosexuality) like some kind of shield against all criticism. Don't like new dante? Clearly I just hate the gays

I told you guys I couldn't make crap like this up.

The Final Offer

I suppose it's not fair to anyone who's out of the loop on this, but for people who are curious, this is the post that gave Final a mental breakdown, the aftermath of which you are still seeing here. The rest of that thread is him throwing a huge tantrum against me, anyone who sided with me, and even the mods. It's also the first time he's seen holding up sensitive issues (homosexuality) like some kind of shield against all criticism. Don't like new dante? Clearly I just hate the gays

I told you guys I couldn't make crap like this up.

Did you or did you not consider gay as an insult/bashing?

Kam

Edit:

The novel was co-written by kamiya, but was retconned as non-canon by capcom, several years after kamiya left the company (retcon happened around the time DMC3 came out). The official reason for this (speculation is that capcom was really butthurt over kamiya leaving with a large chunk of their studio to start a competing studio) is that DMC3 was meant to rewrite the origins story told in the novel.

However, it's been noted that the events of DMC3 and the novel happened at very different points of dante's life. So officially the novel is non-canon, but the (DMC) fans have never agreed with that decision

Kam

According to the data. You did.
If someone made fun of me for being asian, I wouldn't be offended because I was asian, I would be offended because they were implying I should be offended by it. It's the same thing. Being gay is not an insult, but tameem's use of it as an insult was pretty insulting.

I've already explained this to you, and I know the next time you get butthurt over something you're going to act like I'm a huge gaybasher again, but I'm asking you, can you not drag an issue like this through the mud just because it makes your internet arguments easier?

The Final Offer

If someone made fun of me for being asian, I wouldn't be offended because I was asian, I would be offended because they were implying I should be offended by it. It's the same thing. Being gay is not an insult, but tameem's use of it as an insult was pretty insulting.

I've already explained this to you, and I know the next time you get butthurt over something you're going to act like I'm a huge gaybasher again, but I'm asking you, can you not drag an issue like this through the mud just because it makes your internet arguments easier?

It's save to say that you were being offensive.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How about using another example other than flame bait? This will turn into a locked thread if you end up going down that road.
Because....gay people are bad to be around? Kam, you did it again.
ikr? This. It's like this guy enjoys writing himself into a corner.

Seriously though, let's not talk about that particular GDC presentation anymore.

Kam

Because....gay people are bad to be around? Kam, you did it again.
Okay so let's use this logic for a second. I go up and I give a huge presentation about how everyone should do their best to avoid seeming gay. You get offended by this statement. By your reasoning, you are the homophobe.

Is this really how you want to keep arguing it? You're backing yourself into a bit of a corner here

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you.

Seriously though -- Final Offer, don't lower yourself to his level. Just abandon the thread.

Kam

Ah, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you.

Seriously though -- Final Offer, don't lower yourself to his level. Just abandon the thread.
oh ****, I didn't even see your post. I guess we kinda think alike here.

To be fair, I don't think it's possible to get any lower once you drag homosexuality into an argument about video games just because you were losing. You can walk around announcing you're taking the high road all you want, but it isn't going to change things.

I agree though, both of you should just stop. You have nowhere to go here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom