• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why should Vergil NOT come back? Read FIRST post before responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Personally i hold nothing against vergil coming back at all.I would actually like to see him come back rather than dante.Dante's had enough,he's been out there for 4 series already(5 if dante in DmC actually turns out to be him),Vergil and Nero've been in 1,only 1,They deserve a deepened story.
I may be wrong here cause i have played only DMC3 and 4.And i know i may have mentioned stuff already said by others but i didnt go through all 9 pages.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
This will sound contradictory coming from a fan of Vergil, but I am not sure he would support a full game as we know him without being altered. When I say 'support', I mean, hold up in the fans' eyes, story-wise because he is essentially a foil of Dante. Unless he's given a compliment of great characters as well like there was in DMC3, all of which are interesting in their own ways, would a game with Vergil as protagonist not run the risk of being too dry and devoid of emotion? A quest for power-ups is what most games entail indirectly, but it isn't really that interesting an idea in itself. One reason I began loving the series and the character of Dante is because he cares and doesn't care at the same time, but he cares about the right things and he has a vulnerability. So for Vergil to work as main character, I'm guessing they're going to have to change him so that he cares about something a bit more than just POWAR and that he has some kind of weakness. As we know him now, he doesn't have a weakness so to speak, except the weakness of thinking he has no weaknesses... and although he appears to care about Dante, he doesn't care enough.

If the Nero/Vergil thing were used, then they could go into some backstory there and give Vergil good, powerful, emotional reasons to do things. But a lot of fans are NOT keen on the idea that Vergil is Nero's father at all. So who knows what they could use while still maintaining a recognisable 'Vergil'. The only other thing I could think of was that Vergil had some adventures once corrupted, but again he'd need a reason for us to care about what he is doing. Can they give him one without screwing up who Vergil 'is'?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Personally i hold nothing against vergil coming back at all.I would actually like to see him come back rather than dante.Dante's had enough,he's been out there for 4 series already(5 if dante in DmC actually turns out to be him),Vergil and Nero've been in 1,only 1,They deserve a deepened story.
I may be wrong here cause i have played only DMC3 and 4.And i know i may have mentioned stuff already said by others but i didnt go through all 9 pages.
i agree but technically ur semi-wrong, Vergil is Nelo so he's been in two and if the ghost in Nero's DT is who i think it is, then that makes 3 for Big V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom