• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Not Make Both Universes?

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Seriously man, some people need to see the reason why this reboot was made in the first place. Do they really think they would really make a DMC5 after what happened with DMC4? Sometimes some companies need to take a risk at trying new things, no matter how bad it is. If that didn't happen, then a DMC5 would've been our anticipated DMC game instead of DmC. For all you people who are still waiting for a DMC5, I want yall to THINK! This is not even about the pro and anti bullsh*t, I want yall to THINK, THINK inside what brain you have! If you think they're doing this for money, then you are either re-- I mean, stupid or just in denial.

A fair point, here's another one:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

That's the sales in the first week for each respective game, that's 400,000 less then DMC4 so if DMC4 did so badly that it deserved a reboot... whaaaaaaat exactly makes you think DmC deserves a sequel? Not to mention Capcom reduced their expectations by 800k and it's not just DMC4 that it's failed to meet, it's failed to meet every other DMC game there is.

And those sale figures? That's not even talking about Japan, dear god Japan don't give a **** about DmC AT ALL. It shifted 110,429 copies on PS3 in launch week, while its 360 version didn't even crack the top 20 in charts.

Comparatively, DMC4 sold 205,390 on PS3 and 40,023 on Xbox 360 in its debut week so how about you tell me now how much your precious DmC deserves that sequel eh?

GF9000000Returns

A fair point, here's another one:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

That's the sales in the first week for each respective game, that's 400,000 less then DMC4 so if DMC4 did so badly that it deserved a reboot... whaaaaaaat exactly makes you think DmC deserves a sequel? Not to mention Capcom reduced their expectations by 800k and it's not just DMC4 that it's failed to meet, it's failed to meet every other DMC game there is.

And those sale figures? That's not even talking about Japan, dear god Japan don't give a **** about DmC AT ALL. It shifted 110,429 copies on PS3 in launch week, while its 360 version didn't even crack the top 20 in charts.

Comparatively, DMC4 sold 205,390 on PS3 and 40,023 on Xbox 360 in its debut week so how about you tell me now how much your precious DmC deserves that sequel eh?

Just because a game sold well doesn't mean it was recieved well. DMC4 was only liked for its gameplay, not as a "whole game". That's why I think some stuck-up fans want a DMC5 in the first place cuz of that.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Just because a game sold well doesn't mean it was recieved well. DMC4 was only liked for its gameplay, not as a "whole game". That's why I think some stuck-up fans want a DMC5 in the first place cuz of that.
Only for gameplay?
If you dont know, its kinda important thing for games.

Rayl

From my perspective, you DmC fans become the stuck up ones when you say **** like

I want yall to THINK, THINK inside what brain you have!

implying we have lesser brains and opinions then people like you. You say DMC4 wasn't well received, i say, DMC4 even if it was finished properly wouldn't have been received well as long as Nero shared the main character spot. The gameplay itself is perfectly fine.

GF9000000Returns

From my perspective, you DmC fans become the stuck up ones when you say **** like

implying we have lesser brains and opinions then people like you. You say DMC4 wasn't well received, i say, DMC4 even if it was finished properly wouldn't have been received well as long as Nero shared the main character spot. The gameplay itself is perfectly fine.

Because Capcom over heard HALF of the fanbase and them thinking that the originals are getting STALE! If some of the fans and them didn't think that, then DMC5 would've been the DMC game this year instead of DmC. GET IT NOW?!

And I said that the gameplay of DMC4 was the ONLY thing good about it.

Terrutas

Because Capcom over heard HALF of the fanbase and them thinking that the originals are getting STALE! If some of the fans and them didn't think that, then DMC5 would've been the DMC game this year instead of DmC. GET IT NOW?!

Show me. I want to see half the fanbase saying the game is stale. Now.
if you don't show me proof, you obviously talk out of your ass. like most cases.

And by the way? gameplay can still pass a game even if it has a crappy story?

Rayl

Do you think i'm stupid? Because you talk down to me like you think you do and you know what? Don't think i appreciate that, so how about i start treating you with that same respect huh? Would you like me to start treating you like a fool? Because i'm more then happy to humiliate you like that.

The fans bitched about Nero, they called them out on releasing a half finished game instead of actually putting more time and effort into the game, Capcom themselves felt DMC was stale? Because Capcom are FULL of great ideas these days aren't they? **** off the Megaman fans on a regular basis? One of the biggest abuses of removing finished content to sell on as DLC? This is a company that TRULY knows what will please their loyal fanbase! They POSSIBLY couldn't have been wrong about what the majority of fans actually wanted, could they? Sure they took a risk rebooting the series, especially the way they actually did it and then it turns out that it ALSO sells badly when it's released?

Yeah sure, DMC4 makes the series get rebooted but i totally don't see a disappointment in sales like this to make them second guess themselves at all. I mean afterall, you all defend it so hard so it totally must be a success in every way.

GF9000000Returns

Show me. I want to see half the fanbase saying the game is stale. Now.
if you don't show me proof, you obviously talk out of your ass. like most cases.

And by the way? gameplay can still pass a game even if it has a crappy story?

Go see some DMC4 reviews.

Listen I'm not trying to blindly trash the originals, I'm trying to say that we would be playing a DMC5 and DmC would never existed if DMC4 did live up to almost every fan's expectations.

Terrutas

Go see some DMC4 reviews.

Listen I'm not trying to blindly trash the originals, I'm trying to say that we would be playing a DMC5 and DmC would never existed if DMC4 did live up to almost every fan's expectations.
So if a guy makes a video voicing his opinion that makes him count for more then..1 person?

GF9000000Returns

So if a guy makes a video voicing his opinion that makes him count for more then..1 person?

No, it doesn't. If half the reviews say so then yes.

Do you think i'm stupid? Because you talk down to me like you think you do and you know what? Don't think i appreciate that, so how about i start treating you with that same respect huh? Would you like me to start treating you like a fool? Because i'm more then happy to humiliate you like that.

I apologize cuz I was really getting annoyed about how some fans have yet to understand why they made DmC INSTEAD OF A F*CKNG DMC5!!

The fans bitched about Nero, they called them out on releasing a half finished game instead of actually putting more time and effort into the game, Capcom themselves felt DMC was stale? Because Capcom are FULL of great ideas these days aren't they? **** off the Megaman fans on a regular basis? One of the biggest abuses of removing finished content to sell on as DLC? This is a company that TRULY knows what will please their loyal fanbase! They POSSIBLY couldn't have been wrong about what the majority of fans actually wanted, could they? Sure they took a risk rebooting the series, especially the way they actually did it and then it turns out that it ALSO sells badly when it's released?

Yeah sure, DMC4 makes the series get rebooted but i totally don't see a disappointment in sales like this to make them second guess themselves at all. I mean afterall, you all defend it so hard so it totally must be a success in every way.

*shrug* You can say whatever you want, but it still won't change the fact that Capcom did what they have to. If they won't do a DMC5 after what happened with DMC4, then too bad. What's done is done.

Terrutas

No, it doesn't. If half the reviews say so then yes.
Again, half can be half of 2 as well. you saying half doesn't make it a big number.

I apologize cuz I was really getting annoyed about how some fans have yet to understand why they made DmC INSTEAD OF A F*CKNG DMC5!!
You do know bypassing the language filter is against the rules, right buddy?

*shrug* You can say whatever you want, but it still won't change the fact that Capcom did what they have to. If they won't do a DMC5 after what happened with DMC4, then too bad. What's done is done
That's such an arrogant way of avoiding an argument because you're out of ideas, or should I say..details to invent..

Rayl

No, it doesn't. If half the reviews say so then yes

I can't help but laugh at this, i just imagine Capcom being like: "Sales aren't too bad so far but a couple of random dudes on the internet are saying it's not a good game! IT MUST BE TRUE!"

GF9000000Returns

I can't help but laugh at this, i just imagine Capcom being like: "Sales aren't too bad so far but a couple of random dudes on the internet are saying it's not a good game! IT MUST BE TRUE!"

Fine then, you guys tell ME why you think there's no DMC5 ever or as of yet.

Rayl

Because Capcom didn't churn out a complete game that's why, that much should be obvious. The fans lashed back at Capcom and they took it as meaning they were tired of the DMC formula which is total bullshit because it would have been more accurate to say that they wanted a game that felt as polished as DMC3 was, which while DMC4 was as far as combat goes, it doesn't change the fact that it was pumped out quicker then it should have been.

So Capcom, instead of actually seeing the obvious answer turned to the quick fix that is the reboot clause, cause that'll fix all of the problems with not treating one of your biggest IPs with the respect it requires right?

You know who else tried that? Sega did with Sonic! Ever hear of a game called Sonic The Hedgehog? Otherwise known as 06? That was meant to be a reboot as well you know and while DmC is NOWHERE near as bad as that is, the result is in the end the same. Problems were NOT fixed.

That's not to say of course that if they DID go with DMC5, that they'd have fixed those problems doing that either.

In the end: Capcom are run by lazy idiots that didn't bother doing any fact checking.

GF9000000Returns

Because Capcom didn't churn out a complete game that's why, that much should be obvious. The fans lashed back at Capcom and they took it as meaning they were tired of the DMC formula which is total bullshit because it would have been more accurate to say that they wanted a game that felt as polished as DMC3 was, which while DMC4 was as far as combat goes, it doesn't change the fact that it was pumped out quicker then it should have been.
But what about DMC4 as a "whole", you make it seem like it's only about the gameplay.

So Capcom, instead of actually seeing the obvious answer turned to the quick fix that is the reboot clause, cause that'll fix all of the problems with not treating one of your biggest IPs with the respect it requires right?

Well that's what you think. You can't speak for the old fans and antis while I don't speak for the supporters cuz I have better things to do.

You know who else tried that? Sega did with Sonic! Ever hear of a game called Sonic The Hedgehog? Otherwise known as 06? That was meant to be a reboot as well you know and while DmC is NOWHERE near as bad as that is, the result is in the end the same. Problems were NOT fixed.
Yes and I hated that game too but for DmC at least (from a casual perspective) DmC didn't really mess up more things than DMC4.

That's not to say of course that if they DID go with DMC5, that they'd have fixed those problems doing that either.

That's half the stuff I'm trying to say.

In the end: Capcom are run by lazy idiots that didn't bother doing any fact checking.

And greedy bastards. SFxTK anyone?

Rayl

But what about DMC4 as a "whole", you make it seem like it's only about the gameplay.

That's because it is, the story isn't half bad either but the half of the game you play as Dante is clearly just lazy but i shouldn't really need to point that out again.

Well that's what you think. You can't speak for the old fans and antis while I don't speak for the supporters cuz I have better things to do.

I wouldn't want to speak on behalf of "anti's" because those are the fans that couldn't even accept Nero when he happened, they're the reason the reboot even happened so quite frankly if i were speaking for them i'd be making an argument only an idiot would make, i consider proper DmC fans to be supporters of style, hammy voice acting and people who enjoy fast paced, intense gameplay that rewards you for your efforts.

Am i speaking for those people? Hell yeah i am. I'm not saying anything those people wouldn't agree with.

Yes and I hated that game too but for DmC at least (from a casual perpective) DmC didn't mess up more things than DMC4.

DMC4 messed up things but the things that DmC fixed simply traded one problem for another.

And greedy bastards. SFxTK anyone?

I don't think i even want to get into how much that game gets on my nerves.

VergilNeroDante

Overall nothing was wrong with the original, regardless to the known facts that not every game is perfect. Each game was good in their OWN way. Game companies fail to realize, that even the fanbase has better ideas than them so they beat around the bush and go about not answering questions people have and continue to proceed toward their own beliefs on what they think is better. If game companies for once take the time and listen to some of the fanbase and feedback along with alittle bit of time and sitting down and thinking on the ideas from fanbase and fix the plotholes and errors from the previous installment, without a doubt the next installment to any series could be massively popular and graced upon as a better game than its predecessor.

Top Bottom