• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Not Make Both Universes?

GF9000000Returns

Seriously man, some people need to see the reason why this reboot was made in the first place. Do they really think they would really make a DMC5 after what happened with DMC4? Sometimes some companies need to take a risk at trying new things, no matter how bad it is. If that didn't happen, then a DMC5 would've been our anticipated DMC game instead of DmC. For all you people who are still waiting for a DMC5, I want yall to THINK! This is not even about the pro and anti bullsh*t, I want yall to THINK, THINK inside what brain you have! If you think they're doing this for money, then you are either re-- I mean, stupid or just in denial.

VergilNeroDante

Seriously man, some people need to see the reason why this reboot was made in the first place. Do they really think they would really make a DMC5 after what happened with DMC4? Sometimes some companies need to take a risk at trying new things, no matter how bad it is. If that didn't happen, then a DMC5 would've been our anticipated DMC game instead of DmC. For all you people who are still waiting for a DMC5, I want yall to THINK! This is not even about the pro and anti bullsh*t, I want yall to THINK, THINK inside what brain you have! If you think they're doing this for money, then you are either re-- I mean, stupid or just in denial.

And your letting things as such get to you why? Fans want to believe and so we do whether you know if its confirmed or not. Either way it shouldn't get you THAT rowdy because of what we want to believe.

Valcorn

I still don't get it, I bet all my braincells that DMC5 is out of play completely. Look up the definition of reboot, only for that DMC5 can't happen, unless Capcom has **** in their mouths.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Look up the definition of reboot, only for that DMC5 can't happen, unless Capcom has **** in their mouths.
Since they announced DmC, even the creators were not sure at first if it was a 'reboot', 'retelling' or an 'alternate universe'. They have even said that they were not closing the door on the possibility of making a sequel to classic DMC. But there have also been mention of a sequel to DmC.
Capcom will probably decide after sales figures are known. From the start, it has just been confusing with all sides throwing mixed messages.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Since they announced DmC, even the creators were not sure at first if it was a 'reboot', 'retelling' or an 'alternate universe'. They have even said that they were not closing the door on the possibility of making a sequel to classic DMC. But there have also been mention of a sequel to DmC.
Capcom will probably decide after sales figures are known. From the start, it has just been confusing with all sides throwing mixed messages.
As you said yourself, it is only a possibility. Therefore, those who crave for DMC5 must be prepare for an eventual case of deception.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Only shows how lame Capcom is, they have no balls and their words are less than dog's ****
They're disorganized when it comes to giving a clear message, especially in the PR department. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. They've caused themselves a lot of problems.

Valcorn

Pretty much, that's because they are LYING. Then one of them tells the truth, and we've got 2 or more different stores, now which to believe is the question.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Pretty much, that's because they are LYING.
Some of them might be liars, others might have got wrong information from those higher up in the company, and they think the lies are true.
There are so many departments in a company that words do get messed up between departments, and true intention is lost.

Zato-OW

King
I honestly think they will return back to DMC5 for the next title. DMC4 biggest issue was the bad story(I really don't want to go into this again, I mean they could have at least told us WHO Nero was and the origins of his power.). The game play was not bad but it should have been better, Dante's style swtich was good but it needs things remolded and added to it for a newer feel. Nero was a pretty fun yet basic in the combat area. I've always wonder if Capcom was going to hire P.Games to continue the series after the lead story writer left DMC after DMC4. Kamiya said he was willing to create more DMC titles so its not impossible. Kamiya and Kobayashi was said to be working on a Capcom title that has yet to be revealed so I can only hope.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There is some bad blood between Kamiya and Capcom, I don't think they would ever work together again.
What happened? Was it over money or creative difference?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Mostly the fact that after the release and success of DMC1, Capcom went behind Kamiya's back and handed DMC2 to Production team 1 with Itsuano and left Kamiya outside of it. Kind'a douchey move when you consider it, and he's still bitter.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Mostly the fact that after the release and success of DMC1, Capcom went behind Kamiya's back and handed DMC2 to Production team 1 with Itsuano and left Kamiya outside of it. Kind'a douchey move when you consider it, and he's still bitter.
Yep and Kamiya responded by leaving Capcom with some staff to create Clover Studio. Basically, a big "**** you" to Capcom from Kamiya.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Wow, I didn't know that was the reason he went. That was a really bad move by Cpacom, and really unprofessional. The least they could have done is talked about it isntead of being so secretive.

VergilNeroDante

Well now that I know the reason behind it, I say f*ck you Capcom. Doing something like that I would have done the same.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Same here. Hell, if DmC ends with a MAJOR cliffhanger, I wouldn't wanna see anything new related to the original series again, but that's my opinion. Maybe if there was a DmC2, Dante would be mature like the one from DMC1 and Trish or a girl similar to Trish would appear, I would picture her as Dante's friend with benifits. Besides I have my DMC HD collection if I wanna get in my "semi-hardcore" mode in DMC3 which is I think most people here want a DMC5 anyway.

Anyways I rather take both the gameplay and story rather than then gameplay itself.

Lol Ain't that a shame? I would still be an average gamer but only if my future children wanna play.
I'm gonna have to agree with everything you said here!:cool:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Sorry for the double-post. Had to edit this one, which was the second post.

Back on topic:
Well, even with Kamiya's genius, I don't think the DMC series would go back on track... DMC1's story was good, but choppy! NT provided great storytelling imo, but even they can't make a great DMC game... I do like DmC, but I would never consider it as a great DMC game at all...

And yes, I want both DMCverses to continue! :D

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.

A fair point, here's another one:

DmC: Devil may Cry sold 546,091 units.
Devil May Cry 4 sold 932,261 units.

That's the sales in the first week for each respective game, that's 400,000 less then DMC4 so if DMC4 did so badly that it deserved a reboot... whaaaaaaat exactly makes you think DmC deserves a sequel? Not to mention Capcom reduced their expectations by 800k and it's not just DMC4 that it's failed to meet, it's failed to meet every other DMC game there is.

And those sale figures? That's not even talking about Japan, dear god Japan don't give a **** about DmC AT ALL. It shifted 110,429 copies on PS3 in launch week, while its 360 version didn't even crack the top 20 in charts.

Comparatively, DMC4 sold 205,390 on PS3 and 40,023 on Xbox 360 in its debut week so how about you tell me now how much your precious DmC deserves that sequel eh?

Top Bottom