• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Not Make Both Universes?

GF9000000Returns

If ONE game is enough to make a gamer stop gaming, they need to re-evaluate their situation. Say you're a cheese-lover. You love cheese. But then someone makes a cheese you don't like... would that make you stop loving cheese entirely? Hell no! However, if it does... then you're either overreacting or you really loved cheese to begin with.

Replace the word "cheese" with "games".

Okay you're not really trying to understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that after what happened with DMC4, people expect them to make a DMC5 when it might be a rehash of 4 to give them doubts? That's like asking a cashier for a beer then the cashier gave the person a light beer, then the customer says he asked for a regular beer, then the cashier accidently gave him a light beer again and then the customer gets ****ed and walks off (I actually saw a problem like that at a resturant).

As far as DmC is concerned, is it supposed to be aimed at us DMC fans who are older? Is that why they did the 'realistic and gritty' style approach? Either that,or it is to attract the new generation of games who maybe never played DMC. I was never sure what target audience they wanted to reach with DmC.

The one I bolded is the one I'm trying to make a point out of.

ZeroLove

Okay you're not really trying to understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that after what happened with DMC4, people expect them to make a DMC5 when it might be a rehash of 4 to give them doubts? That's like asking a cashier for a beer then the cashier gave the person a light beer, then the customer says he asked for a regular beer, then the cashier accidently gave him a light beer again and then the customer gets ****ed and walks off (I actually saw a problem like that at a resturant).

The one I bolded is the one I'm trying to make a point out of.

Ahhh, why didn't you just say that from the start. ;D
So you're afraid that if Capcom just continued the original series, they will keep making crappy games.

GF9000000Returns

I hope that both Capcom and Ninja Theory has learned something from making DmC. NT learning to make a better gameplay experience to fit their storytelling skills, and Capcom learning to be better at storytelling. So hopefully the quality of games from both game companies will become better because of this. ^^

Same here. Hell, if DmC ends with a MAJOR cliffhanger, I wouldn't wanna see anything new related to the original series again, but that's my opinion. Maybe if there was a DmC2, Dante would be mature like the one from DMC1 and Trish or a girl similar to Trish would appear, I would picture her as Dante's friend with benifits. Besides I have my DMC HD collection if I wanna get in my "semi-hardcore" mode in DMC3 which is I think most people here want a DMC5 anyway.

Anyways I rather take both the gameplay and story rather than then gameplay itself.

The average age of gamers in the world is actually 35-45, so yeah... lol

Lol Ain't that a shame? I would still be an average gamer but only if my future children wanna play.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Same here. Hell, if DmC ends with a MAJOR cliffhanger, I wouldn't wanna see anything new related to the original series again, but that's my opinion.
I agree with that. If they can continue and the ending is good enough for more, I'd want that. But I get a feeling NT put all of their good eggs into one basket. I don't know if they can do the same level of creativity for a DmC2. They went all out on this game, so I don't knoow what they could do in the next game.

GF9000000Returns

I agree with that. If they can continue and the ending is good enough for more, I'd want that. But I get a feeling NT put all of their good eggs into one basket. I don't know if they can do the same level of creativity for a DmC2. They went all out on this game, so I don't knoow what they could do in the next game.

Maybe a tower similar to Temen-ni-gru with a bunch of crazy levels inside the doors, like in Space. (I know, I'm crazy. HA!)

VergilNeroDante

That's right!

Well either Capcom will learn or not, either way, I hope DMC 5 comes regarless of what you guys think. I just want the original to finish and then they can continue with the reboot.

Every game that is in development needs all the hard work thrown in even if your giving it all you got therefore if their are sequels games after that will be even better but if you decide to go back to the original you will still feel like nothing is wrong with it.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If this is true then, my mind is set, I will get it, possibly the Son of Sparda Edition. I just don't want to see the series die. I want them to put the time and dedication in it to make a DMC 5. My mind has been fogged up because I wasn't sure if things will continue in the future for the original. I will support by buying the game but my heart and soul belong to the original.

Meh, Capcom have enough money anyway. It's not like they'll go bankrupt and won't be able to make DMC5 if you don't buy DmC. I heard them say they'll consider making DMC5 if DmC doesn't sell well, so it would make more sense not to buy DmC. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't buy DmC; it's your call. I think DmC doesn't have any features I'd like to see in Devil May Cry 5.

Reactions: V

ZeroLove

I think DmC doesn't have any features I'd like to see in Devil May Cry 5.

So swordfighting, gunshooting, hack'n slash gameplay, bosses, an elaborate story, demons... All those features which are in DmC is something you do not want to see in DMC5? Then what should it be then?

Valcorn

The whole of DMC fanbase is totally brainwashed... DMC5 WON'T ever happen, the whole point of a REBOOT is to start a new/restart. All the "we might make DMC5 if and if and if" was only damage control.
Capcom didn't want to make a DMC5 because:
-the series was of mediocre quality in other things than combat
-didn't make enough money
-not commercial enough
-no 9/10 meta score

There's more chance for Dino Crisis 4 to happen than DMC5. Again, they won't simply return to something that wasn't successful to begin with.

Valcorn

More reasons:
-they had no idea where to go with it, out of ideas
-they realized that another DMC4 (random stuff thrown together to make money) won't work once again
-dragon's dogma

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
More reasons:
-they had no idea where to go with it, out of ideas
-they realized that another DMC4 (random stuff thrown together to make money) won't work once again
-dragon's dogma
thats your opinion and unless you were on the development team for DMC4 you can't talk about them being out of ideas

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Must I remind you of DMC4's worthless story.
True but i heard that Dante was going to travel through hell but the development time was cut you can see this when fighting bosses as Dante like how in DMC3 when you fight nevan you get the weapon nevan same with fighitng Cerberus you get Cerberus but in 4 you fight Berial but get Gilgamesh fight the frog thing (forgot his name) you get pandora? Its not surprising that development was cut if i would have had to guess i would say that in the beginning you fight as Nero but later in the game you take control of dante trying to get out of all it would make since :/

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
True but i heard that Dante was going to travel through hell but the development time was cut you can see this when fighting bosses as Dante like how in DMC3 when you fight nevan you get the weapon nevan same with fighitng Cerberus you get Cerberus but in 4 you fight Berial but get Gilgamesh fight the frog thing (forgot his name) you get pandora? Its not surprising that development was cut if i would have had to guess i would say that in the beginning you fight as Nero but later in the game you take control of dante trying to get out of all it would make since :/
What you heard may have potential, but Capcom chose the path of failure in the end, a.k.a. what we know today as DMC4.

Top Bottom