• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Not Make Both Universes?

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I can agree I also don't like Dante's attitude in 4 if anything since it was a sequel to 1 why was Dante acting like he was in 3? And instead of answering questions it gave us even more!
I assume that Capcom thought that if consumers liked his personality in DMC3, then it would cause no harm in reproducing it in the fourth game, even though it would be illogical with his personality displayed in the first game. Once again(referring to DMC2), Capcom shown blasphemy on the concept of consistency.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I assume that Capcom thought that if consumers liked his personality in DMC3, then it would cause no harm in reproducing it in the fourth game, even though it would be illogical with his personality displayed in the first game. Once again(referring to DMC2), Capcom shown blasphemy on the concept of consistency.

Capcom still never knew what to do with Dante and 4 was terrible. It just rehashed things they thought people liked from the previous in a very half assed manner. At least in the reboot I'm seeing Dante actually having a solid identity as a character and will actually be developed. He's still virtually the same character and what I expect from Dante being the cocky demonslayer with a sense of justice.
The only thing Capcom is ever consistent with is having flaws. I for one was glad when I heard another company was developing the new game because I've lost just about all faith Capcom. People can say what they want about Ninja Theory but they are known for telling well woven tales in their narratives especially working with some of the people they have worked with. I played both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved and found myself interested in the story more than anything else. I think DmC is really going to be their first legit good game though from what I've seen. They were a company I gave the benefit of the doubt because I saw potential in the way they built worlds and narratives. I'd hate to see this new one dismissed by such stubborn fans who never gave it a fighting chance at all because I came out of DmC being pleasantly surprised and I'm all for seeing more Devil May Cry if it is interesting because I was rather losing interest myself. Capcom did fail with 4 and no one needs to make excuses for it. It was one of the worst games I played that year. It proved to me that they were all out of ideas.

VergilNeroDante

Capcom still never knew what to do with Dante and 4 was terrible. It just rehashed things they thought people liked from the previous in a very half assed manner. At least in the reboot I'm seeing Dante actually having a solid identity as a character and will actually be developed. He's still virtually the same character and what I expect from Dante being the cocky demonslayer with a sense of justice.
The only thing Capcom is ever consistent with is having flaws. I for one was glad when I heard another company was developing the new game because I've lost just about all faith Capcom. People can say what they want about Ninja Theory but they are known for telling well woven tales in their narratives especially working with some of the people they have worked with. I played both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved and found myself interested in the story more than anything else. I think DmC is really going to be their first legit good game though from what I've seen. They were a company I gave the benefit of the doubt because I saw potential in the way they built worlds and narratives. I'd hate to see this new one dismissed by such stubborn fans who never gave it a fighting chance at all because I came out of DmC being pleasantly surprised and I'm all for seeing more Devil May Cry if it is interesting because I was rather losing interest myself. Capcom did fail with 4 and no one needs to make excuses for it. It was one of the worst games I played that year. It proved to me that they were all out of ideas.

Again thats just your opinion. Some liked it, some hated it, get over it. I could care less about NT because for such a great narrative side to them you would think that they would have given out more games, instead of just three. Enslaved didn't break 500,000 copies sold so thats saying something, Heavenly Sword was glitchy and relatively short and I lost interest. Honestly you shouldn't care if fans don't want to buy this, it's their opinions over your regardless if you keep bringing up the same reasons for why they won't give it a "fighting chance". One person losing interest doesn't result in the rest of the fanbase. So if your not satified then no one will miss you if you leave. I found the game satisfying ( DMC 4) but again it was because of being rushed to why it lacked. If the time to make it to it fullest extent was done then I'm sure the bashers (such as yourself) would have liked it. Deadline for video games are just stupid in my opinion and shouldn't be needed, that way people won't be highly disappointed about it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Again thats just your opinion. Some liked it, some hated it, get over it. I could care less about NT because for such a great narrative side to them you would think that they would have given out more games, instead of just three. Enslaved didn't break 500,000 copies sold so thats saying something, Heavenly Sword was glitchy and relatively short and I lost interest. Honestly you shouldn't care if fans don't want to buy this, it's their opinions over your regardless if you keep bringing up the same reasons for why they won't give it a "fighting chance". One person losing interest doesn't result in the rest of the fanbase. So if your not satified then no one will miss you if you leave. I found the game satisfying ( DMC 4) but again it was because of being rushed to why it lacked. If the time to make it to it fullest extent was done then I'm sure the bashers (such as yourself) would have liked it. Deadline for video games are just stupid in my opinion and shouldn't be needed, that way people won't be highly disappointed about it.

If DmC does not preform to at least fair expectations then don't expect DMC 5. You think it's so easy but it's not. I don't see DMC getting any more attention until around the time where the movie is supposed to be released which has been slated for 2016. DMC 4 did NOT do as well as you think it did and was partially the reason why a reboot was taken into consideration. They didn't do the reboot because they just felt like it. You need to take off your fanboy glasses and look at this thing as a whole and all the factors that come into play when making such a dramatic move in a franchise such as Devil May Cry. You need to do some research and educate yourself on how business works.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DMC 4 did NOT do as well as you think it did and was partially the reason why a reboot was taken into consideration.
DMC4 sold well, but not as well as Capcom had wanted. The actual sales figures were decent, but below what was predicted. So DmC is their idea to create more unit sales by appealing to what they think the West wants.
That's what any business does. They get a demographic, market research and testers. Hopefully they draw the right conclusions and make a product that sells for a profit.
No company wants their product to stagnate on the market. Back in the day, DMC was the only one of its kind with stylish combat, but now it has competitors and Capcom wants their game to stand up to the others.
Rightly or wrongly, DmC is their plan for doing this.

VergilNeroDante

If DmC does not preform to at least fair expectations then don't expect DMC 5. You think it's so easy but it's not. I don't see DMC getting any more attention until around the time where the movie is supposed to be released which has been slated for 2016. DMC 4 did NOT do as well as you think it did and was partially the reason why a reboot was taken into consideration. They didn't do the reboot because they just felt like it. You need to take off your fanboy glasses and look at this thing as a whole and all the factors that come into play when making such a dramatic move in a franchise such as Devil May Cry. You need to do some research and educate yourself on how business works.

All you can do to sputter and complain on anyone who likes the original rather than your reboot. I never said it would be easy to just make it, I stated it would take money to do so since well, money doesn't grow on trees. DMC 4 sold the most but not to Capcom expectations because well they got lazy. You need to stop bashing on fans of the original whether they like this reboot or not. All you do is sit there and find reasons to complain rather than stating valid arguments. Regardless its just a damn game idiot. If you don't got anything nice to say then stay the hell out and pester others with your nonsense. I don't need to educate myself on how business works, well because I'm not having any interest in doing so. So sticks and stone kid, sticks and stones and nothing more.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
All you can do to sputter and complain on anyone who likes the original rather than your reboot. I never said it would be easy to just make it, I stated it would take money to do so since well, money doesn't grow on trees. DMC 4 sold the most but not to Capcom expectations because well they got lazy. You need to stop bashing on fans of the original whether they like this reboot or not. All you do is sit there and find reasons to complain rather than stating valid arguments. Regardless its just a damn game idiot. If you don't got anything nice to say then stay the hell out and pester others with your nonsense. I don't need to educate myself on how business works, well because I'm not having any interest in doing so. So sticks and stone kid, sticks and stones and nothing more.

Ironic as you're the one bashing and insulting people again and complain on people who ARE hoping the reboot revitalizes interest in the franchise, when all he did was point out the business fact that if DmC very much underperforms, it's more likely we will NOT get a DMC5, or a DmC2.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

You are taking what I said out of context. I am not complaining about anything and you act like I don't care for the original series at all. The first DMC game is one of my favorite games of all time. A publisher does not reboot a series if everything was going in the right direction. You're not making any sense especially since you posted a while back a thread wondering why the reboot was being done only to pretty much attack anyone who defended it and sparked a debate acting like your personal preferences was the one and only truth. Where do you get off in acting like I take Devil May Cry seriously when you're one of the people who have made it quite clear how much things as trivial as a haircut to a minor change in backstory are such a big deal. I'm the one that can rip anything to shreds for the sake of a laugh as it isn't that big of a deal to me. If I wanted to rustle some jimmies I could.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC4 sold well, but not as well as Capcom had wanted. The actual sales figures were decent, but below what was predicted. So DmC is their idea to create more unit sales by appealing to what they think the West wants.
That's what any business does. They get a demographic, market research and testers. Hopefully they draw the right conclusions and make a product that sells for a profit.
No company wants their product to stagnate on the market. Back in the day, DMC was the only one of its kind with stylish combat, but now it has competitors and Capcom wants their game to stand up to the others.
Rightly or wrongly, DmC is their plan for doing this.

That's what I meant when I said it didn't sell as well as people thought it did. Considering how big of an IP Devil May Cry is suppose to be for Capcom it sure as hell fell below expectations and the overall gaming market has shifted to expand in the west because the western market is really giving more attention to the gaming industry than anywhere else. DMC is actually very dated and was on the verge of stagnation which is why I personally didn't mind a different take on the series at all. I can't play video games as much as I use to but this reboot actually has me interested in Devil May Cry once again and for a series with sentimental value to me I'm glad it's being ambitious and I don't want to play the same game over and over again.

VergilNeroDante

Correction, I'm bashing NT and rarely the fanbase. I haven't bashed on anyone for wanting it. Again my opinions are my opinions and shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings because I don't see them changing their minds in getting it.

VergilNeroDante

Also there are a few people I get upset with because they don't understand when to ignore things rather then that they just add fuel to the fire. Opinions are opinions

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So swordfighting, gunshooting, hack'n slash gameplay, bosses, an elaborate story, demons... All those features which are in DmC is something you do not want to see in DMC5? Then what should it be then?

I'm saying DmC has no new features I want to see in DMC5. DMC4 was already as good as DmC and has basically the same ingredients, but with a superior control scheme. Therefore, I don't see anything new that is needed in DMC5. Scripted events, such as some of DmC's stages changing shape, are not interesting to me. They're scripted, and don't make the gameplay any more suspensive.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The whole of DMC fanbase is totally brainwashed... DMC5 WON'T ever happen, the whole point of a REBOOT is to start a new/restart. All the "we might make DMC5 if and if and if" was only damage control.
Capcom didn't want to make a DMC5 because:
-the series was of mediocre quality in other things than combat
-didn't make enough money
-not commercial enough
-no 9/10 meta score

There's more chance for Dino Crisis 4 to happen than DMC5. Again, they won't simply return to something that wasn't successful to begin with.

Didn't make enough money? So I guess DMC4's record sales didn't matter to them? That's all just bullshit?
You don't know if it was damage control. That's what you think, so don't make it out to be a fact.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You didn't say "new". ;)

It stands to reason I would mean 'new'. Why would I talk about features of DmC that already were present in the previous DMCs? We were talking about what features of DmC I would like to see in DMC5. Therefore, it's only logical I would mean features that aren't in the old DMCs.

Epic troll is epic? :p

ZeroLove

It stands to reason I would mean 'new'. Why would I talk about features of DmC that already were present in the previous DMCs? We were talking about what features of DmC I would like to see in DMC5. Therefore, it's only logical I would mean features that aren't in the old DMCs.

Epic troll is epic? :p

Yeah, I'm just nitpicking and trolling a bit. ;P
I get what you mean though. ^^

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
The whole of DMC fanbase is totally brainwashed... DMC5 WON'T ever happen, the whole point of a REBOOT is to start a new/restart. All the "we might make DMC5 if and if and if" was only damage control.
Capcom didn't want to make a DMC5 because:
-the series was of mediocre quality in other things than combat
-didn't make enough money
-not commercial enough
-no 9/10 meta score

There's more chance for Dino Crisis 4 to happen than DMC5. Again, they won't simply return to something that wasn't successful to begin with.
You're confusing facts and theories again. Remember if it is something you think has or will happen but don't have proof it is a theory. If Capcom announced that they were lying and will never even think about making DMC5 (something no one with the ability to make that decision would ever say because they want to keep their very high paying jobs). Then you could say that your theory is accurate (note: just making DmC2 is not proof because that could just mean that they picked DmC2 not that they were never considering DMC5 or both.)

Top Bottom