• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why all this pessimism about Dmc ??

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
4:46- 5:14
Passionate Capcom game developers my ass.

Or how about the Tekken x SF controversy?
Or how about the "Ultimate" Marvel vs Capcom 3 crap?

as far as Tameem Antoniades goes:

"From my point of view there's only one way to try and make a successful game, and that's to make the game you want to play. A game that everyone involved is proud of. So from that point of view I don't care if it sells a thousand units or two million units. I believe the time you spend making something has to be worthwhile. You've got 20 productive years of work in your life; if you're gonna spend ten or 15 percent of it on something, make it worthwhile."

You have to trust your gut, Antoniades insisted. "Philosophically, the way to make a successful game is to believe in what you're doing, then hope that sales follow. I'm not trying to design around what I think people will want. That's where you get into creative bankruptcy. That, more than anything, will kill a series."

Though i agree with Tameem in that you should make a game you and the people involved in are proud of, that way of thinking only applies when your making a new game (Spiritual successor/new game). After you have gained support of fans their input matters a lot.
DmC isn´t proclaimed as a new game, neither is it part of DMC eerie, neither is it proclaimed as a spiritual successor.

As you can see Tameem Antoniades really cares more about making a game that he and his team can be proud of than a game us gamers will like.
He also has expressed that he does not care if DmC sells 1000 or 2M units. So where is the "Trying to earn a living to feed their family"?

And why should Ninja theory leader care about DmC if it sells 1000 or 2M units? His company still get paid independent of game selling 0 or 3M.

ONCE AGAIN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN CASTING HEATH LEDGER AS THE JOKER. THE ENTIRE FANBASE OF THE FILMS CRITICED IT CALLING HIM A MORON, GREEDY AND OTHER WORDS THATD ONLY BE CENSORDED. THEY SAID MUCH WORSE ABOUT LEDGER. TAMEEN AND NOLAN WERENT MAKING DESIONS BECAUSE THEY COULD MAKE THEM RICH, OR SO THEY WERE POPULAR. THEY MADE THEM BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING GOOD. SO THEY MADE DESCISION FANS ARENT TOO POPULAR WITH, AND YOU KNOW WHAT. THEY WERE WRONG THEN AND IM PRETTY SURE THEYLL BE WRONG NOW!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
NT's last game, Enslaved, was also based on something else. And the result was similar only in names and some of the relationships made. Everything else was COMPLETELY different. Sure Capcom has some say on what NT can and cannot do, but when you look at DmC, what exactly did capcom say to keep in the game? The name Dante? Rebellion? Possibly Vergil? Mundus? Eva and Sparda? From what you said and everyone else at Capcom and NT is it is a reboot, with the freedom to change nearly everything, and it has to some degree. From the controls, aesthetics, heritage, and story. It's just a retelling of DMC without too many restrictions.

It's kinda ironic that DmC Dante seems more human that the origiDante. But i think that is just a result in the times. 12 years ago, most hack and slash games didn't really bother with a story. Just make something that looks cool and give him/her cool moves to do. And now in the next gen, every game has a decent story to it, well for the most part.

DMC4 was a lame attempt at a game. Everything recycled, even the levels. Now a real scam would be to just make DMC5, and keeping with Capcom tradition, don't answer any existing questions, and finish the game with tons of new ones.

The only thing GoW did right was tell a good story with consistency and kept adding more and more gore. At least DmC is heading in the right direction, for me, because i find DMC combat to be the best combat of all hack and slash. And by EVERYONES playthrough demo, it seems like a real fun game to play. And DmC just seems like a next gen game.

EDIT@ Event Video

ok, so i made an attempt to watch but after 3 minutes, i couldn't handle how dumb he truly is. Basically if he runs capcom, he's going to fire people. hmmm.... lets see how that works when noone want to work for you anymore and then he mentions the girl who tried to kill herself because of a stressful enviornment...hmmm... lets see, Firing people at random would make anyone scared for their job, and most likely a stressful work place. Not to mention the hiring and or rehiring of new staff. Then he talks about, How capcom should only show video footage. OK, that all nice and all, but if your like everyone and cannot wait for final product video to be released, i would suggest some pics.

ok i watched more. (since he's not screaming i actually can tolerate it)
He says that he would take fans questions and all that but then he says he would make his staff that addresses the media to have a more professional approach to interviews ect. First of all, you cannot have smilely glad hands with every question because not all fan questions are relevant. Some people just like to talk trash. And try to be a professional when fans threaten you. This guy cannot get over video games, so how do you think he'll respond to direct negitive feed back. My guess, an angry black man. There is a method to handling PR and its simply being professional and only answer questions about whatever you are making without spoiling the game itself. Anyone who takes their opinion about life or any other worldly events is seriously looking in the wrong place.

@ 4:45, no one gave him any money. And if somebody did, then they just got robbed.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
NT's last game, Enslaved, was also based on something else. And the result was similar only in names and some of the relationships made. Everything else was COMPLETELY different. Sure Capcom has some say on what NT can and cannot do, but when you look at DmC, what exactly did capcom say to keep in the game? The name Dante? Rebellion? Possibly Vergil? Mundus? Eva and Sparda? From what you said and everyone else at Capcom and NT is it is a reboot, with the freedom to change nearly everything, and it has to some degree. From the controls, aesthetics, heritage, and story. It's just a retelling of DMC without too many restrictions.
Retelling of DMC story without too many restrictions is exactly why rebooting exists. So that there is no laws of original story that will restrict the rebooted game.

It's kinda ironic that DmC Dante seems more human that the origiDante. But i think that is just a result in the times. 12 years ago, most hack and slash games didn't really bother with a story. Just make something that looks cool and give him/her cool moves to do. And now in the next gen, every game has a decent story to it, well for the most part.
I don´t see the irony. Care to enlighten me?

DMC4 was a lame attempt at a game. Everything recycled, even the levels. Now a real scam would be to just make DMC5, and keeping with Capcom tradition, don't answer any existing questions, and finish the game with tons of new ones.
I agree DMC serie is pretty much dead, but that´s because of Capcom.

The only thing GoW did right was tell a good story with consistency and kept adding more and more gore. At least DmC is heading in the right direction, for me, because i find DMC combat to be the best combat of all hack and slash. And by EVERYONES playthrough demo, it seems like a real fun game to play. And DmC just seems like a next gen game.
I agree that a consistent story is important.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
ONCE AGAIN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN CASTING HEATH LEDGER AS THE JOKER. THE ENTIRE FANBASE OF THE FILMS CRITICED IT CALLING HIM A MORON, GREEDY AND OTHER WORDS THATD ONLY BE CENSORDED. THEY SAID MUCH WORSE ABOUT LEDGER. TAMEEN AND NOLAN WERENT MAKING DESIONS BECAUSE THEY COULD MAKE THEM RICH, OR SO THEY WERE POPULAR. THEY MADE THEM BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING GOOD. SO THEY MADE DESCISION FANS ARENT TOO POPULAR WITH, AND YOU KNOW WHAT. THEY WERE WRONG THEN AND IM PRETTY SURE THEYLL BE WRONG NOW!!
2 words Tim Burton,
You know, the guy who made the GOOD Batman movie

And seriously people, what is with all this criticizing Eventstatus, he just states his opinion and you
Guys try to jump him And then get butthurt just because he has a point
I respect him for stating his opinions

As for why I am pessimistic about this game, each DMC ( even 4 and 2)
Brought something new and innovative not only to the series, but to the genre.
DmC not only does NOT do that. It's stance system looks inferior to DMC3's style system IMO

788Masri

2 words Tim Burton,

And seriously people, what is with all this criticizing Eventstatus, he just states his opinion and you

DmC not only does NOT do that. It's stance system looks inferior to DMC3's style system IMO

true i do enjoy tim burtons batman both one and two. buuut i was referencing the fact everyone critiszed nolan for casting ledger. when in the end he was amazing as the joker which i felt was better than jack Nicholson. so i hate it when people start acting as tho they instantly know better than others just because they are fans of something (not this but in general)
please, nothing new THE WHOLE GAME is something unheard of and new.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
2 words Tim Burton,
I saw no problem with the now batman movies, except Catwoman. Haliy Berry is the only catwoman I know.;)

It's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to yell it out and call it fact.

The only new thing DMC4 brought was Nero's gameplay, and how NOT to tell a DMC story. Meanwhile, to me, DmC brings better story, and a more (IMO) better Dante.

DragonMaster2010

The reason people are pessimistic about Dante IMO is because this Dante in general is the change of what's considered tradition of the DMC franchise. When the 2010 trailer came out, everyone hated it. And when they heard the game was on Unreal Engine or 30fps, that set people off. I honestly didn't know the difference between 30 or 60.

The Tameen stated his opinion on Dante which I think was needed to say. He's entitled to his own opinion like Event Status is intitled to his own opinion. (Even though he yells it out like it's fact.)

There are actually still a few out there who don't like it simply cause of hair and because he smokes. Some even call him emo cause of that. I didn't think black hair, smoking, and carrying guns was an emo trait.

Now that the Captivate trailer came out, people say his a copy of DMC3 Dante and say "This game just copies DMC!" when people use to say "This game is nothing like DMC, it needs to be like DMC!" So I think fans are just over-reacting to all of this IMO.

But some do have logical reasons to be skeptical. Some worry for the future of the original and some wonder if the old Dante will ever return. They way DMC4 was, I doubt it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
@McdD

I was talking about DmC Dante having no human blood and OrigiDante being half human, yet I can already tell DmC Dante will have more human qualities in him than Capcom gave origiDante in the past. I just based it on the times, since story wasn't so important back then.

The only new thing DMC4 brought was Nero's gameplay, and how NOT to tell a DMC story. Meanwhile, to me, DmC brings better story, and a more (IMO) better Dante.

DMC4 was a scam. Not only did they fail at a story, but why make 2 Dante's? And then have less abilities than a ps2 game?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Where does Eventstatus call his opinion fact? More importantly, he even calls it his opinion on his YouTube page.
As for DMC4, I was referring to style switch

And while DmC looks like it has a better story ( demons vs anons)
It's gameplay looks... Inferior to DMC3 in terms of the style vs stance system

DragonMaster2010

Where does Eventstatus call his opinion fact? More importantly, he even calls it his opinion on his YouTube page.
You don't have to say it's a fact, to present yourself stating it's fact.
As for DMC4, I was referring to style switch
Oh okay. So Nero gameplay, style switch, and how NOT to tell a DMC story. Got it.

And while DmC looks like it has a better story ( demons vs anons)
It's gameplay looks... Inferior to DMC3 in terms of the style vs stance system

Yeah but here's this; Why can't I use gunslinger while using swordmaster? Why can't I use prop shreeder while using bullet storm? I would like to use all the attacks. But Again, we've only seen so many moves so I'd rather wait to see about the attacks.

Dante47

Look my friend, they aren't worried about new Dante at all. Some are just worried about the direction of the series ever since DMC4. It's started to focus less on gothic and dark environments onto more interesting and bigger set pieces. Also, some are worried how stances will work, or that the game might be to easy. These are even some of my concerns.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Yeah but here's this; Why can't I use gunslinger while using swordmaster? Why can't I use prop shreeder while using bullet storm? I would like to use all the attacks. But Again, we've only seen so many moves so I'd rather wait to see about the attacks.

Basically the only thing I haven't seen this new dante do are the trickster+royalguard moves and doppelganger and those were to me just stupid gimmicks, if you can evade normal way why would you need a whole style just for evading, it's like taking a whole style just so you can double jump or something equally stupid>_<

And now all Trickster fanboys are going to kill me... :lol:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yes i am craving to see some gunslinger style moves! if that would show some more gunplay next gameplay that would be fantastic, that's one thing i'm worried about because they haven't shown any gunslinger moves making me think that they might have removed them, but i certainly hope not!

Turtles

TURTS c:
Basically the only thing I haven't seen this new dante do are the trickster+royalguard moves and doppelganger and those were to me just stupid gimmicks, if you can evade normal way why would you need a whole style just for evading, it's like taking a whole style just so you can double jump or something equally stupid>_<

And now all Trickster fanboys are going to kill me... :lol:
Trickster and Royal Guard aren't gimmicks, they're an extremely useful part of Playing as Dante in DMC4 :c

788Masri

yes i am craving to see some gunslinger style moves! if that would show some more gunplay next gameplay that would be fantastic, that's one thing i'm worried about because they haven't shown any gunslinger moves making me think that they might have removed them, but i certainly hope not!

when asked about weapons, they said there are a variety of demon/angel guns available. i imagine those are further in and "gunslinger moves" are combos you get further in the game. hence why we didnt see any as they only lett people access the basic move list

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
when asked about weapons, they said there are a variety of demon/angel guns available. i imagine those are further in and "gunslinger moves" are combos you get further in the game. hence why we didnt see any as they only lett people access the basic move list
yeah that's what i'm thinking too, but i would like them to at least show some type of gunslinger move to confirm that they are in there, i miss my gunslinga!!

Meg

yeah that's what i'm thinking too, but i would like them to at least show some type of gunslinger move to confirm that they are in there, i miss my gunslinga!!
But they did show gunslinger like moves! :O You could see Dante spinning upside down at enemies. You can see him jumping up and spinning around as he fires as well.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
But they did show gunslinger like moves! :O You could see Dante spinning upside down at enemies. You can see him jumping up and spinning around as he fires as well.
true but that was almost a year ago, and i haven't seen any in the newest trailers or gameplays. :(

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom