• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Is Nero?

Who do you think Nero is?

• Vergil

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sparda reincarnate

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Force Edge

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Possibly a Dante, Sparda, or Vergil clone?

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • other

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's in the ending cut scene of...mission 16 I think of DMC3...it's after the second Dante vs Vergil fight, when everyone is finally in the same place and Arkham reveals that he and Jester are one and the same. He explains that to open the seal, you needed the amulet, a "set" of sparda's blood, and the blood of the priestess that sacrificed herself to seal the tower, the same blood that flows in Lady's veins.

Cooley

The Catnip Kid
Alright. Here's my theory:

In the booklet, it says that Nero's arm was injured. (This part is far-fetched, I'll admit) When he got it fixed up by whoever, it either A) was injured so badly that it needed to be amputated, and, considering how far the technology and such has gone in the Order, they were probably able to replace it, not knowing that there was a demonic power within. Or B) the injury wasn't so bad, but bad enough for some demonic power or something to be drawn to it and squirmed its way inside. Yeah, yeah, I know- Demon possession? On just an arm? BS. Even sounds like it to me, but its just a theory.

Also, in mission 7, Nero says, "From the day forth, my arm changed, and a voice echoed, 'Power...give me more...power!' " That sounds a LOT like Vergil, doncha think? Besides, Yamato obviously liked Nero enough to pull itself back together and help him out. The prescence of Nelo Angelo behind him in his DT helps with this, too. (It might not be Nelo Angelo, but for argument's sake, let's just assume it is.)

So, basically, Yamato is still "kept in the family" because, either way, I'm saying that Devil Bringer is a manifestation of Vergil's demonic power. -deep breath- Thanks for sitting through all that. :)

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I think Cooley has the right idea. It's pretty much the theory I've had since I started playing DMC4.

Cooley

The Catnip Kid
The only way I can think that Nero looks anything like Dante is the white hair. That's probably a side effect of the whole arm deal, in my theory.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Except that it would have been noted if his appearance has been changing like that. Nero thus has always had the white hair, since even the manual mentions nothing about any odd changes since he was wounded. The wound probably has very little to do really with the arm, and was included as "fluff" text, meaning there for story flavor, and to give Nero an excuse to further hide his arm. Artwork reveals that his entire right arm is transformed, not just the lower portion. Plus, Credo seemed very unsurprised by Agnus' discovery of the Bringer, and seemed not at all uneased at seeing Nero's power. That indicates Credo has known for a while about the Devil Bringer, and was hiding it from everyone.

Nero has a very similar facial appearance to Dante, and as well has blue eyes very similar to the Spardas. Again, it was also confirmed repeatedly in dialogue that Nero is a descendant of Sparda, so saying that Vergil's power somehow got into his arm via a very random demon wounding him is very hard to swallow as even a theory. That's asking us to disregard statements made by the game itself.

Cooley

The Catnip Kid
Very, very true, you guys. DX Yeesh. There goes my theory, down the tubes. -flush-

I'm still convinced that Devil Bringer has something to do with Vergil, though.

Also, I'll be able to debate/whatever when my head isn't spinning. Sorry.

Sparda™

Well, we also know one thing, that the arm wasn't since Nero was a kid. It must have appeared recently, as Nero himself is surprised by the things the arm does, like devouring Devil Arms or glowing when Dante comes in from the roof of the Opera House.

What I'm saying is that the quote...

'From that day forth, my arm changed and a voice echoed..'

...Nero got the Devil Bringer at the day when a demon raid was upon Fortuna, just days before the Festival of the Blade.

Zato-OW

King
Actually he got it in Fortuna Forest. Seeing as his sword was almost destroyed that needed to repair it(I'm guessing Credo had some people to repair it seeing as he sent Kyrie to get it.). Then they claimed that his DB started as an infection and then kept growing bigger and bigger. So this had to take some time. I'll give it a a few months maybe 2-4. This is where it gets complicated. Agnus seems like he had the Yamato for some time now when he was ****ed that Nero restored the Yamato after he claimed he tried every everything to do so.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nero was far too skilled with the abilities of the Devil Bringer in his first fights of the game for it to have just then developed. Also, he was not at all surprised when it exploded out of the cast upon touching Rebellion...another of Sparda's weapons, mind you. The fact he was well aware of its default powers means he'd been hiding it and what it could do for some time. If it was some "infection", I'd think he would have been trying to get rid of it before hand, and the Order would know about it in some degree.

BTW, via concept art, we know that the Bringer is in fact his ENTIRE right arm, not just up to the elbow like some fanart was assuming. Also, the attack in the forest was actually mere days before the festival, which means Nero has been hiding the Bringer for some time. He would not still be in a cast if the attack had been months before hand, since he didn't take that serious an injury from the manual's detailing. His upper arm was wounded, not his whole arm. Credo also wasn't very surprised by the revelation of Nero's power, which means he knew all along. While Nero might not have been born with his arm as it is in the game...it's something that would have developed it seems, regardless of any external demonic influence.

Ergo, this brings the conclusion...Nero's power is definitely connected to Sparda, since the weapons that triggered it to reveal more powers were the blade that Sparda created, then passed to his sons. First it was Rebellion impacting on the Bringer that awoke the full form(and didn't leave even a cut, mind you), and then Nero's anger and desire to fight back restored Yamato.

And to anyone that still says it gains power by absorbing pieces of Nero Angelo...sorry, not the case, the only Nero Angelo presence is actually the Order's own artifically "angel-formed" soldiers.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
very very very good points D.R.....u are the dr to this forum here....like he said, it doesn't make sense that Nero was so calm about it. But how do we know he wasn't born with it?...he coulda been born with it, just not having it awakened before dante hit it with rebellion. It's very possible that it all came natural to him(i mean the figthing and techniques with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom