• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Is Nero?

Who do you think Nero is?

• Vergil

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sparda reincarnate

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Force Edge

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Possibly a Dante, Sparda, or Vergil clone?

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • other

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Zato-OW;146982 said:
Okay the fact that Dante and Vergil DO age. It should be thrown out. Dante is half and half. He Ages like a human and looks like a human but is still called a demon. Kinda like Blade. Besides DMC4 is ten years after DMC3 and look at the age difference in body and face. I mean he can only hold his DT for a short amount of time. Just a side affect of being half human.
to bring up another point...Blade is still immortal like a vampire....so vergil/dante are half breeds which means they age, just not as fast...for all we know, dmc4 dante could be 40, yet look like he's in his 20's

GodLike

I dont have a link currently try looking it up on google.
I've also read on wikipedia that another reason for Nero hating Dante is that he killed Nero's demon clan leader and his other clan members

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't remember what I voted here but I dunno what Nero is but he is not Vergil or something. I suppose he is in family with Dante or just something with the Order.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Okay, confirmed facts about Nero;

Nero is part of the Sparda bloodline via descent. He's not immediate like Dante and Vergil, but he is in there. This is confirmed four times by Sanctus, and Dante treats him like family, as if he's learned something about the kid. Not like he's a brother, but like a distant cousin.

Nero carries a power DIFFERENT from the demonically imbued Knights. Dante confirms this in their first fight. Sorry Vergil connection fans, but that is ruling out that the arm is Vergil or something based on him, since the Order Knights were imbued with fragments of power from "the Dark Angel". That means the KNIGHTS are carrying pieces of Vergil's power, but Nero is NOT.

Nero is powerful enough to restore Yamato, something Agnus, in all his years of research, could not do. Additionally, the Yamato, when physically in Nero's hands, glows Purple, not blue. This strongly suggests that his own demon power is akin to Sparda's, not one of the sons. Oh, and when he's channeling a lot of power through the Bringer, it does flare purple light out, not the normal blue or red.

Nero is 19-20, with Kyrie generally agreed to be slightly older. This puts his birth(and hers) around the time that Eva was murdered, and possibly around when Sparda died. I like to think this holds significance in relation to Nero's origins, but that's me, so I include it in the list of "NERO FACTS!".

So these are the confirmed facts about Nero.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Information right in the game, as a matter of fact, and for the age, it's because Kobiyashi said Nero is about the same age as Dante was in DMC3, so that gives a framework on when he was born, as well as for Kyrie.

And Dante's own words confirm that Nero's power is not Vergil or parts of Nero Angelo. We have confirmation that the Demonic power that imbues the Knights of the order are fragments of The Dark Angel, Nero Angelo, meaning Vergil himself, it's in the enemy data itself. However, Dante says to Nero, in their first fight, "We're the same, you and I." Then he gestures to the dead knights, who are clearly not human. "And them...but I suspect you carry something different from them."

I think Dante knows the feeling of his own brother enough to tell when something is or is not like that power. ~_^

And Sanctus himself states Nero is a descendant of Sparda three or four times. Twice at least to Nero, and once to Dante, all times saying Nero carries the blood of Sparda, and that he is a descendant of the Dark Knight.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Descendant implies further down the line, not usually direct offspring of. The fact that also Nero requires a Devil Arm to trigger his aura also suggested a diluted form of that power. Also, Nero was born well after Eva and Sparda are supposed to have been dead, so unless Sparda's been hiding out all this time, and made his own sons think he was dead...Nero's not a son of Sparda, probably more like a great-great-grandson or something along those lines.

Hey, I could go into how Lady could possibly be a descendant of Sparda. If you look at the things he gave up to seal the demon world, they were all things that defined him and were precious to him. The priestess who was "sacrificed" to seal Temen-ni-gru could have been a human woman he fell in love with and made him turn on Hell.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
oh, that's easy. Sparda was running around the earth for two thousand years before his death. You really think that Eva was the one and only woman he ever loved and had a family with? Nero would be the descendant of an earlier lover of Sparda's, just as Lady would be in the theory of the priestess being the reason Sparda turned on hell.

Dante is barely into his 30s by DMC4, after all. And since Nero is about only ten years younger, he's not Dante or Vergil's son. Ergo, Sparda had other children from previous lovers, thus meaning that there are other bloodlines running around descended from him.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that Descendant doesn't mean "directly the child of", it means that it's a progressive down the line. Nero is not DIRECTLY in the Sparda family with Dante and Vergil, but Sparda was one of his ancestors.For the white hair and stronger traits to be so dominant though, I'd say probably Sparda was his great-great grand father or so, meaning well before Eva was even born.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
lady's mother could not have been sacrificed for sparda to seal temen-ni-gru because in dmc 3 arkham and lady both reveal that arkham killed lady's mother in his quest for demonic power

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...Um...where did I say her MOTHER? I said her ANCESTOR, the priestess that was sacrificed to seal the Tower. Her mother would have little to nothing to do with it save that she would be a descendant of the priestess that was sacrificed to Teme-ni-gru. You are shoving words into my mouth that I'm not even implying.

Okay, dude, you really need to understand what descendant and ancestor mean. You're taking those words to mean "child of" and "Parent of". That's not what they mean or imply. By saying "descendant of", it means that specified person is in the relation of as part of future generations, and "ancestor of" means the reverse order, the person being further back in the family tree.

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
Here's the facts I hold in truth about Nero.

-Male
-Straight
-Badass

Some sources indicate that he likes chicken, but that is still speculation at this point.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
GamblingGambitCloud;154907 said:
i know that...but how the hell do u get a connection between lady and the priestess?

Because Arkham himself said that Lady is a descendant of the priestess, and her blood was the third key to the breaking the seal on Temen-ni-gru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom