• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who are you most excited for?

Who are you most excited for?

• Dante

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • V

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Now that we've seen V's gameplay and have seen significantly more of Dante and Nero who are you guys the most hyped to play as and why?

gmc

i put nero cuz he looks more fun to play especially with that arm, dantes moves are the same and V looks like he'll take some getting used to

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Mostly V actually, since I'm curious how much experimentation will be needed to make his gameplay look as crazy as the other two characters (he is pretty passive in the clips we've seen).
Dante is a close second, since he seems to go back to his DMC3 self a little (wich I enjoyed significantly more then DMC4 Dante).
Nero is last because I already got a good glimpse of him at GC, so I know what to expect.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was pretty curious about V and now he's the one i'm theorizing or analyzing for so he's top of the list.

Its V, Dante, Nero.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
It's always Dante for me, he's always been my favorite of the series, I never really experimented with his styles as I focused more on offense with Sword Master in the past, I hope they're better implemented this time to encourage using them.

V's gameplay has me interested but concerned at the same, it looks cool and unique, but it seems really slow, his pet bird seems like he's gonna be a fun character though.

Nero is meh for me, never really liked him, but never hated him either, in DMC5's case he looks to be the beginner character to play as to get started with the game while V and Dante are for when you've got the gist of the gameplay down.

Plus I'm hyped to see Trish and Lady again, I've missed them.

Goldsickle

It worries me that V is walking so slowly in the trailer.
Are you required to "press R1 to move slowly" in order to have the summoned beasts target specific enemies?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's always gonna be Dante for me.
V is definitely a close second since he reminds me of 9s from Nier Automata.
And of course Nero is last but I'm still curious about the Devil Breakers.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
used to be V, but knowing he's using cane and how the summoning is shown in the trailer, i'm now interested in dante.. cerberus baby

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Nero for me, mainly cause of the direction I hope they're going. Still love Dante though, and V's gameplay looks interesting

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Nero - always liked him from his introduction and am curious to see where his story is going.

Dante on the other hand feels stale and only there because he's the mascot, whilst V feels really out of place like he's just there to test the waters for adding different play styles down the road rather than being there organically as a character.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Nero - always liked him from his introduction and am curious to see where his story is going.

Dante on the other hand feels stale and only there because he's the mascot, whilst V feels really out of place like he's just there to test the waters for adding different play styles down the road rather than being there organically as a character.

I don't get V not being there organically as a character. We don't know V's role, backstory, or well anything about him or how he plays into the story. For all we know he could be the most significant character in the plot.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
V's the client who brought the job to Dante. That's just as organic as the anime or 4.

DMC's a case of the week style series so certain roles are going to reoccur in each entry. They gotta set up the case somehow.

You could make that argument of whether V is a necessary addition or he could have his role filled by someone else but he'll have to take his place in line behind Patty, Morrison, Nero, Nico, Kat(DmC) and everybody else not named Dante.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Lain
V's the client who brought the job to Dante. That's just as organic as the anime or 4.

DMC's a case of the week style series so certain roles are going to reoccur in each entry. They gotta set up the case somehow.

You could make that argument of whether V is a necessary addition or he could have his role filled by someone else but he'll have to take his place in line behind Patty, Morrison, Nero, Nico, Kat(DmC) and everybody else not named Dante.

Isn't that the same case for DMC1 with Trish, DMC2 with Lucia, and even DMC3 with Arkham. The plot all started when someone else came to Dante with a job or an invitation.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't get V not being there organically as a character. We don't know V's role, backstory, or well anything about him or how he plays into the story. For all we know he could be the most significant character in the plot.
It seems my point has been misunderstood. In the context of this thread which is all about asking "Who are you most excited for (to play)?" my statements about V's in-organicity were about how I perceived V's gameplay to be slow and boring - completely contrary (thus inorganic) to what I imagine when I think about "Stylish Action" and thus I was the least excited to play as him. Granted I very well may be proved wrong when I finally get my hands on the game but until then I stand by my opinion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Isn't that the same case for DMC1 with Trish, DMC2 with Lucia, and even DMC3 with Arkham. The plot all started when someone else came to Dante with a job or an invitation.
that's the point of the first part.

V fills a familiar role and that's his organic entrance.

@Lain oh ok no worries bro.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It seems my point has been misunderstood. In the context of this thread which is all about asking "Who are you most excited for (to play)?" my statements about V's in-organicity were about how I perceived V's gameplay to be slow and boring - completely contrary (thus inorganic) to what I imagine when I think about "Stylish Action" and thus I was the least excited to play as him. Granted I very well may be proved wrong when I finally get my hands on the game but until then I stand by my opinion.

Ok far more reasonable. I can see where you're are coming from but I think its the trailers fault and whoever decides to cut the trailers like to show V as slow and lumbering for some reason. In one of the short gameplay clips Capcom have posted you can see V zip and run around the battlefield and Nightmare is able of warping from place to place. Plus we should be focusing on the familiars since they're the ones doing most of the action and while Nightmare is slow (which is not a big deal since DMC is not unknown to slow weapons like Pandora, Kalina Ann, Spiral, and the demon weapons from DmC) Griffin and Shadow attacks at the pace as other characters in the series and combined with the fact all 3 familiars can act independently from V so you can perform multiple consecutive attacks and not have to wait for one animation to finish for you to chain your next attack as well as the fact V has his own tech and moves he can perform on his own.

The issue is the fact V is a brand new playstyle while Nero and Dante is stuff we are very familiar with so we can trust how they turn out (despite the trailers not really being a very good indicator of their playstyles either as people were far more impressed by individual showcases that show their moveset and how operate and flow into each other rather than trailers that merely are edited to just show what moves and weapons they use). Itsuno started off making top notch fighting games and is arguably the best director for these kinds of games due to his history of understand deep and engaging action mechanics. So I have faith he will deliver on something engaging and unique in the Stylish Action Genre. People initially thought during DMC4's dev time Nero with his Devil Bringer will be bringing in GOW/Bayo QTE mechanics rather than being something organic to the series but it turned out all fine. At least his moveset isn't being restricted by a resource management system ala the Devil Breakers. I still think the DB system is questionable especially in its execution and the fact even after so many people got their hands on it people are still decisive on the system and its not universally loved like Dante's system. I guess most people have either just gotten used to it or has to try to get used to it.

Now my biggest issue is moveset size or will he get other familiars. I really don't want another DMC4 Nero (Nero isn't even that big of a step up from his DMC4 self) and I have issues with Itsuno mindset on creating beginner friendly characters that I wont get to as of this moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom