• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroLove

You're saying as if you touched it -_- come on ! he's son of sparda

It is the style that looks fluffy. It has a feathery look to it. Sparda's hair was slicked back, so I am not sure what you mean by "he's son of Sparda". Sparda has never been shown with hair like that.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It is the style that looks fluffy. It has a feathery look to it. Sparda's hair was slicked back, so I am not sure what you mean by "he's son of Sparda". Sparda has never been shown with hair like that.

I meant to say that it isn't soft of something wither down like normal hair it looks the best hairstyle for me what do you think is the best haircut for Dante ?

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i didnt mind this game was way of task compared to the rest but still overall i liked it
dante was good in it but he couldave been vetter lol

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If it wasn't for DMC2 we would not have DMC3,4, and the Anime. Now although it sounds like I'm saying DMC2 was bad, I'm really not saying that. I liked DMC2.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
I kinda liked it. Didn't hate on it as much, although the plot does need a rehash. Put more oomphf into it. Instead of just the rich guy wanting to control the world. Admittedly, that plot...kind cliche, but it's still one of those games that I enjoyed playing. -especially on cold broody nights when all you can think of is whacking things with a sword.-This was the least favorite for me though, but it wasn't so bad.

They could have continued it a bit more. Honestly speaking...it's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Also at this point, I think Dante's learned to accept things. He's like what here? 42? So much happened in four years (after DMC4) to make the man change...makes me wonder what happened in between.

Also...SACRILAGE! -Became a mini phrase during her time of playing it.- xD

But I do agree...the Majin DT...definitely kickass. I loved his Devil trigger in this game. And most of the boss designs were good, as mentioned above. As for the gothic setting...kinda matches his personality. So heavy, dark, almost broody. Wait broody may not be the word. Serious, yeah...that fits more.

On the other side, I didn't like the fact that one whole disc was dedicated to Lucia when they could have done more to further develop the story. That was like one major backtrack in a separate CD. :| I was waiting for a fight in hell, got greeted with play the girl instead. That was a let down. But I don't hate Lucia. Then again I don't exactly like her either. The unlockable costume...I have no Idea why...but I just love the Diesel costume that Dante has. x.x

And on another sidenote...>>;
DMC2, definitely pretty good for fanart. xD

freakinsweet77

I liked DMC2, I thought it was actually a lot of fun. Yeah I'll admit that the plot was a little lacking, but for the most part I had a blast, and even made multiple playthroughs on the harder difficulties. It also had potentially my favorite of Dante's DT forms in any of the games, although I have also always been partial to the original. It certainly isn't my favorite, but overall, DMC2 was still a kickass game. Plus, it's Devil May Cry, so it sort of automatically wins to some degree XD

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I love his Devil May Cry 3 haircut. I've had the same haircut, just black. ^^
Me too!

And yeah, DMC2 was good IMO, just not as good as the other DMCs. The story was a bit inconsistent and the gameplay was a little shallow but nothing too bad. The character designs for bosses were top notch, and I also LOVED Dante's outfit and DT/Majin DT. I didn't mind Dante being a silent badass for once either. ^^

In every DMC game, Dante gets impaled by his own sword, but not in DMC2.

In every DMC game, Dante says "Devils Never Cry", but not in DMC4.

...Aha! XD One thing DMC2 didn't forget that DMC4 did. =) In a way, I enjoyed DMC2 more than I did DMC4 considering I got to play as Dante more.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Me too!

And yeah, DMC2 was good IMO, just not as good as the other DMCs. The story was a bit inconsistent and the gameplay was a little shallow but nothing too bad. The character designs for bosses were top notch, and I also LOVED Dante's outfit and DT/Majin DT. I didn't mind Dante being a silent badass for once either. ^^

In every DMC game, Dante gets impaled by his own sword, but not in DMC2.

In every DMC game, Dante says "Devils Never Cry", but not in DMC4.

...Aha! XD One thing DMC2 didn't forget that DMC4 did. =) In a way, I enjoyed DMC2 more than I did DMC4 considering I got to play as Dante more.

I think everyone loves his DMC3 hair. xD
>> Am I the only one who likes his DMC4 hair and DMC2 hair? -Says so much about liking characters that gets older.- 8D

Dante had...too many other lines in 4. xD You'd think it's something the writer forgot to add or something did intentionally. He was more of a thespian in 4. Really flamboyant. As much as others don't seem to like it...I really do. e__e It's so stress free after a long day's work.

Oh yes, the boss designs. They have really good designers for that game. And whoever designed the Majin DT forever has my undying adoration. -Flower petal shower.- If only they could have gotten a better story teller. :|

I remembered that when I was playing DMC4, I was rushing with Nero. >__> God the boss battle with Dante hurts. -was like...NO DO NOT WANT TO USE DB ON HIM. Ended up doing so anyway.- x__x but I sure too my time with Dante when it was his part. 8D

Although for DMC2, I'll finally be able to finish playing Lucia's part. @_@ CD gave in. That darn bish.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I think everyone loves his DMC3 hair. xD
>> Am I the only one who likes his DMC4 hair and DMC2 hair? -Says so much about liking characters that gets older.- 8D

Dante had...too many other lines in 4. xD You'd think it's something the writer forgot to add or something did intentionally. He was more of a thespian in 4. Really flamboyant. As much as others don't seem to like it...I really do. e__e It's so stress free after a long day's work.

Oh yes, the boss designs. They have really good designers for that game. And whoever designed the Majin DT forever has my undying adoration. -Flower petal shower.- If only they could have gotten a better story teller. :|

I remembered that when I was playing DMC4, I was rushing with Nero. >__> God the boss battle with Dante hurts. -was like...NO DO NOT WANT TO USE DB ON HIM. Ended up doing so anyway.- x__x but I sure too my time with Dante when it was his part. 8D

Although for DMC2, I'll finally be able to finish playing Lucia's part. @_@ CD gave in. That darn bish.
Everyone does, but not everyone has his hairstyle! I do! :D
And no. I like his hairstyles in DMC2 and DMC4 as well. ^_^

LOL IKR. The scene where he acquired Lucifer was just TOO much. So much sexual innuendo! >w< But knowing the sexual beast that Dante is, we kind of know what to expect from the guy. ;P

Agreed. I was impressed. Majin DT was God Tier... I felt unstoppable in that state. x.x And yeah. :< DMC2 just needed a better story, and some gameplay tweaks. But if you're talking about the narrator, I thought he was fine. I like how he retold the Legend of Sparda. Something I just now realized...The Legend of Sparda is always expressed in every DMC game's intro! I expect the same in DmC. X3

YES!!! It hurt drop kicking him too! XD Usually during the Dante boss fights, I'd just be running from him. Was like, >Cannot hurt my precious Dante! T^T!!!

Nice. Her part was easy IMO. Compared to Dante's that is...Heh heh.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Everyone does, but not everyone has his hairstyle! I do! :D
And no. I like his hairstyles in DMC2 and DMC4 as well. ^_^

LOL IKR. The scene where he acquired Lucifer was just TOO much. So much sexual innuendo! >w< But knowing the sexual beast that Dante is, we kind of know what to expect from the guy. ;P

Agreed. I was impressed. Majin DT was God Tier... I felt unstoppable in that state. x.x And yeah. :< DMC2 just needed a better story, and some gameplay tweaks. But if you're talking about the narrator, I thought he was fine. I like how he retold the Legend of Sparda. Something I just now realized...The Legend of Sparda is always expressed in every DMC game's intro! I expect the same in DmC. X3

YES!!! It hurt drop kicking him too! XD Usually during the Dante boss fights, I'd just be running from him. Was like, >Cannot hurt my precious Dante! T^T!!!

Nice. Her part was easy IMO. Compared to Dante's that is...Heh heh.

In all honesty, the him getting older part...swear he got hotter. e_e; -Likes older guys. Thinks this will forever be a damn stigma.-

Hey, I love that scene. xD I swear, I don't know how many times I've seen it now. It was just...GAH. I so wanted to see the mocap for that. Seriously. He was flashy in 3 but I didn't know he'd be THAT flashy in 4. I mean...(particularly the Lucifer scene)...that was too much for my fragile fangirlish heart to take. If that was not bad enough...we found him THAT amusing that me and my friends who played it memorized the majority of his lines. 8D So, when we watch it on youtube we like go in sync mode and act it out too. xD -especialy the Dante Agnus face off.-

God Tier indeed. It was like...@_@ Just so much win. No, the narration was good in my opinion...by story teller, I just mean the plot. Arius as the main enemy was just...eh. >_>; Kind of like your typical stereotype. I'd have preferred it if they did more with Arius...some kinda twist. It is. 8D Of course it was over told in DMC4. xD Even having its own religion. >> I swear from a Christian DMC fan's standpoint...Order of the Sword is just like Christianity. e_e Extreme version. Oh, if they don't retell Sparda's legend in DmC, I'd be disappointed. :|

Oh! I had the same feeling! >_o! It's why when 4's trailer came out...I instantly hated Nero's guts. Practically hated the thought of playing him. Was like, "DAFUQ! Drop kicked Dante in the face!? Nero, I freakin' hate your guts." And when they made it out that Dante was an enemy instead I was like..."WHY?!" -world crumbled down.- Nero Dante boss battle. I swear, it was a dramatic moment in the internet cafe.

It would be nice to play as Lucia again. IMO, them making other characters playable was a good thing. Now if only the story becomes a bit more different because of it...now that would be nice.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
In all honesty, the him getting older part...swear he got hotter. e_e; -Likes older guys. Thinks this will forever be a damn stigma.-

Hey, I love that scene. xD I swear, I don't know how many times I've seen it now. It was just...GAH. I so wanted to see the mocap for that. Seriously. He was flashy in 3 but I didn't know he'd be THAT flashy in 4. I mean...(particularly the Lucifer scene)...that was too much for my fragile fangirlish heart to take. If that was not bad enough...we found him THAT amusing that me and my friends who played it memorized the majority of his lines. 8D So, when we watch it on youtube we like go in sync mode and act it out too. xD -especialy the Dante Agnus face off.-

God Tier indeed. It was like...@_@ Just so much win. No, the narration was good in my opinion...by story teller, I just mean the plot. Arius as the main enemy was just...eh. >_>; Kind of like your typical stereotype. I'd have preferred it if they did more with Arius...some kinda twist. It is. 8D Of course it was over told in DMC4. xD Even having its own religion. >> I swear from a Christian DMC fan's standpoint...Order of the Sword is just like Christianity. e_e Extreme version. Oh, if they don't retell Sparda's legend in DmC, I'd be disappointed. :|

Oh! I had the same feeling! >_o! It's why when 4's trailer came out...I instantly hated Nero's guts. Practically hated the thought of playing him. Was like, "DAFUQ! Drop kicked Dante in the face!? Nero, I freakin' hate your guts." And when they made it out that Dante was an enemy instead I was like..."WHY?!" -world crumbled down.- Nero Dante boss battle. I swear, it was a dramatic moment in the internet cafe.

It would be nice to play as Lucia again. IMO, them making other characters playable was a good thing. Now if only the story becomes a bit more different because of it...now that would be nice.
So you think Dante was the hottest in DMC2? :3 If I was a girl, I'd totally go for DMC3 Dante, lol. xD Btw, since you like older guys, I hope you don't like Sanctus! XD lol Jk.

Yeah, I too had a fangirl moment when watching the Lucifer scene. X3 I memorized everything from it, and I loved impersonating all of Dante's lines! Every angle...it penetrates! XD But I know right! Dante was overly flashy here but flashy is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to him. :D One of my favorite lines from Dante in DMC3 was "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!" <3 But I love how he says "Devils Never Cry." in a really calming voice to Lucia whilst wiping her tear... ;__;

I agree. Arius wasn't a terrible villain but I felt like more could've been done with him. In the end, he didn't come off as epic as Mundus. Mundus still remains king as the most epic DMC villain of all time IMO (Excluding Vergil). Though, I will admit that the final form Arius uses against Lucia was nasty, lol, and oh yeah. xD I love how Dante dispatched of all of the Order of the Sword members like he didn't give a fuhk what their purpose was. XD Such a boss he was indeed in that intro.

IKR!! I was really confused! I was like "Why is Dante killing innocent people? Did he turn evil? Did Vergil steal his costume!?" TwT I didn't hesitate to dropkick Dante during the boss fights though. If he wants to taunt, I'll pull a Vergil on his ass and be like "Don't get so cocky". =P

Mhm. Trish was also playable but she had no role in the story whatsoever, which kind of bothered me...How about a true sequel to DMC1? Trish said she was going to be Dante's sidekick as she battles and kicks demon ass with him, yet I never got ONE DMC game that lived up to the ending of DMC1. Either remake DMC2, or make DMC5 taking place between DMC1 and DMC4.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
Although my least favorite DMC, I still felt that 2 was a good game. I admire quite a bit about it, such as its inclusion of some crazy weapons (smgs and missile launchers? sweet!), boldness in using environments and enemies you wouldn't normally think to be DMC-like, and imposing Gothic feel.

Definitely wasn't too fond of that START + SELECT to reset game idea though. I made that mistake while trying to skip a cutscene, but I've learned my lesson...>.<

Overall, it's a decent game, despite how radical it is compared to the other installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom