• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OniLink

Hero of Time
I liked DMC2 overall however DMC1 was my first and still to this day is my favorite, so when I first played DMC2 I was enraged when I saw that Alastor was not a main weapon. Yet I still love DMC2, Dante seems more laidback and controlled and the whole mute thing, lets just call him strong but silent. Didn't care much for the extra weapons stuck mostly to the girls, Ebony & Ivory I did like the vendetta sword. Refused to play Lucia's disc for a while, yet i succumbed to curiosity and swinged it. Not that bad, Chick. A little off topic but I am highly exicted for DmC.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
So you think Dante was the hottest in DMC2? :3 If I was a girl, I'd totally go for DMC3 Dante, lol. xD Btw, since you like older guys, I hope you don't like Sanctus! XD lol Jk.

Yeah, I too had a fangirl moment when watching the Lucifer scene. X3 I memorized everything from it, and I loved impersonating all of Dante's lines! Every angle...it penetrates! XD But I know right! Dante was overly flashy here but flashy is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to him. :D One of my favorite lines from Dante in DMC3 was "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!" <3 But I love how he says "Devils Never Cry." in a really calming voice to Lucia whilst wiping her tear... ;__;

I agree. Arius wasn't a terrible villain but I felt like more could've been done with him. In the end, he didn't come off as epic as Mundus. Mundus still remains king as the most epic DMC villain of all time IMO (Excluding Vergil). Though, I will admit that the final form Arius uses against Lucia was nasty, lol, and oh yeah. xD I love how Dante dispatched of all of the Order of the Sword members like he didn't give a fuhk what their purpose was. XD Such a boss he was indeed in that intro.

IKR!! I was really confused! I was like "Why is Dante killing innocent people? Did he turn evil? Did Vergil steal his costume!?" TwT I didn't hesitate to dropkick Dante during the boss fights though. If he wants to taunt, I'll pull a Vergil on his ass and be like "Don't get so cocky". =P

Mhm. Trish was also playable but she had no role in the story whatsoever, which kind of bothered me...How about a true sequel to DMC1? Trish said she was going to be Dante's sidekick as she battles and kicks demon ass with him, yet I never got ONE DMC game that lived up to the ending of DMC1. Either remake DMC2, or make DMC5 taking place between DMC1 and DMC4.

Sorry for the late reply. Things got rocky these past couple of days. But anyway!!!!

I'm still in the process of contemplation for that one. I think DMC2 Dante IS hot, but DMC4 Dante keeps sticking to my mind. True enough that I adore 2's costume design, because let's face it...Dante's outfit in 2 was really really the shiz. But for some reason, my lean really goes to 4. Something about that more or less rough-around-the-edges manly look that tickles my fancy. Although, I love DMC3's Dante too. I'd be lying if I said I didn't go gaga when you could play him half naked. >__>; -Then again, would have been happy if in 4, could play Dante half naked again. Ahem.- Morving on~ AND NOOOOO! SHIZ NO! Sanctus is like a wrinkly old prune. D:

I think I was more or less MORE motivated to buy the game when I saw that particular cutscene. Fanservice in games? Sure~ why not? 8D I'm up for it. And admit it, Dante's parts in 4...almost half of it was fanservice material. But agreed, I think the "Devils Never Cry" line will always be memorable. Makes me wonder if we'll hear it in DmC. Despite people's bashing of 2, in times like those, you just see a gentler side of Dante that hardly ever comes out. I mean it's Dante...he has a weird way of showing gentle. :|

Just a little more juicing up and Arius wouldn't have been so bad. I swear this to be a true statement. >.o Just...have seen so many bad rich guys becoming demons in the end but has so little twist. x_x But yeah, agreed. As far as bosses are concerned...Mundus would have to be it. xD -Hasn't finished it using Lucia yet.- Nasty? o.o Why nasty? But that intro was really something. Props to shooting the old geezer without a care. 8D -Wonders if...just glad he got what he deserves or just doesn't like religion very much.- He was. Badass boss in red. If Nero hadn't been there at that time...I wonder what would have happened to Kyrie. Although I'm sure that Dante wasn't going to hurt her.

It's only in RP that I don't hesitate to deal Dante some damage. Because my fangirl mode is off. 8D Game wise...hurting Dante is like...BIIIIIIIIICH WHY?! Hardest battle of my life in 4...Dante because I didn't wanna fight him...that and that thunder thingy. -forgot its name.- Damn thing was fast. e.e And annoying.

Trish disappeared in DMC2 for reasons unknown. And taking place between 1 and 4 would be the animated series. o.o; I think...that's the case at least. Although I wish there was a co-op mode for this game. >>; Playing it alone is fun and all...but I'd like to share with these oblivious, naive and poor misguided souls the joy of le gaming.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sorry for the late reply. Things got rocky these past couple of days. But anyway!!!!

I'm still in the process of contemplation for that one. I think DMC2 Dante IS hot, but DMC4 Dante keeps sticking to my mind. True enough that I adore 2's costume design, because let's face it...Dante's outfit in 2 was really really the shiz. But for some reason, my lean really goes to 4. Something about that more or less rough-around-the-edges manly look that tickles my fancy. Although, I love DMC3's Dante too. I'd be lying if I said I didn't go gaga when you could play him half naked. >__>; -Then again, would have been happy if in 4, could play Dante half naked again. Ahem.- Morving on~ AND NOOOOO! SHIZ NO! Sanctus is like a wrinkly old prune. D:

I think I was more or less MORE motivated to buy the game when I saw that particular cutscene. Fanservice in games? Sure~ why not? 8D I'm up for it. And admit it, Dante's parts in 4...almost half of it was fanservice material. But agreed, I think the "Devils Never Cry" line will always be memorable. Makes me wonder if we'll hear it in DmC. Despite people's bashing of 2, in times like those, you just see a gentler side of Dante that hardly ever comes out. I mean it's Dante...he has a weird way of showing gentle. :|

Just a little more juicing up and Arius wouldn't have been so bad. I swear this to be a true statement. >.o Just...have seen so many bad rich guys becoming demons in the end but has so little twist. x_x But yeah, agreed. As far as bosses are concerned...Mundus would have to be it. xD -Hasn't finished it using Lucia yet.- Nasty? o.o Why nasty? But that intro was really something. Props to shooting the old geezer without a care. 8D -Wonders if...just glad he got what he deserves or just doesn't like religion very much.- He was. Badass boss in red. If Nero hadn't been there at that time...I wonder what would have happened to Kyrie. Although I'm sure that Dante wasn't going to hurt her.

It's only in RP that I don't hesitate to deal Dante some damage. Because my fangirl mode is off. 8D Game wise...hurting Dante is like...BIIIIIIIIICH WHY?! Hardest battle of my life in 4...Dante because I didn't wanna fight him...that and that thunder thingy. -forgot its name.- Damn thing was fast. e.e And annoying.

Trish disappeared in DMC2 for reasons unknown. And taking place between 1 and 4 would be the animated series. o.o; I think...that's the case at least. Although I wish there was a co-op mode for this game. >>; Playing it alone is fun and all...but I'd like to share with these oblivious, naive and poor misguided souls the joy of le gaming.

I always thought Dante looked and acted the coolest in 2. He kept a level head, while still cracking his awesome one-liners. "King? Yeah, here's your crown!" comes to mind. I also liked "Crap like that doesn't interest me. But... Your swan song will!"

Arius deserved a little more. The Despair Embodied was pretty cool though!

I never hesitate hurting Dante in the games... lol I love sticking it to him and basically telling him to shut his ass up. XD

DMC3 has a hidden co-op mode. Use Doppelganger, press start on second controller, control shadow. It can't change weapons unless you recall it and change weapons, though.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
I always thought Dante looked and acted the coolest in 2. He kept a level head, while still cracking his awesome one-liners. "King? Yeah, here's your crown!" comes to mind. I also liked "Crap like that doesn't interest me. But... Your swan song will!"

Arius deserved a little more. The Despair Embodied was pretty cool though!

I never hesitate hurting Dante in the games... lol I love sticking it to him and basically telling him to shut his ass up. XD

DMC3 has a hidden co-op mode. Use Doppelganger, press start on second controller, control shadow. It can't change weapons unless you recall it and change weapons, though.

Well you know, as much as people like bashing 2, they kept forgetting his personality didn't change much. I think he really did just mature, but he never lost that wit of his. And I agree with you there, he was really cool in DMC2. Really cool. He's such a wild streak in 3 and just...well, he's so swag king in 4. xD I think the most normal he was is in 1...right amount of awesome and cool just packed together there. Enough emotions showing to make him human and humane. This though is my point of view.

It was, but Arius really needed some work. I can't say he's my favorite villain, but I liked him better than the giant ass Tarantula.

Never wanted Dante to shutup...8P He's too fun to hear talking.

We tried the co-op mode before...it sadly didn't work for us. I'm hoping that in the HDC, it's still a function that will work.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i never knew that there was that :blush: if the HD colection does have it i could have a lot of fun with a few of my friends... btw is it for all platforms you can get it or just a certain one ? :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
i never knew that there was that :blush: if the HD colection does have it i could have a lot of fun with a few of my friends... btw is it for all platforms you can get it or just a certain one ? :)

The collection or DMC3? DMC3 is PS2 only, but I believe the collection is 360 and PS3.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium

It's okay! I'm sorry for the late reply as well. Got caught up with some things. >_< Damn, I'm ten days late! XD Btw, congratulations on winning DMC HD! Saw your artwork. You really deserved it. ^_^

Yes! His costume design was one of the best. He was going for more of a cowboy look in DMC4, though. At least with the boots. Everything else about his costume was a combination of all the DMC outfits. The fingerless gloves = DMC3, The rolled up sleeves = DMC1, The belt buckle/Vest = DMC2, and everything else was just new accessories. But Dante in DMC2 was chill. That's all I'm sayin'. lol. Thought he was incredibly badass when he saved Lucia from Arius and took away flying with her in his DT before that building exploded. "Don't worry. I've got you." <3!!! And lol I have this render of DMC4 Dante half naked. XD Oh and Idk anyone who'd get it on with Sanctus. >.>

Haha, I know right. Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. In some ways, DMC4 was a carbon copy of DMC3. DMC4 is supposed to take place after DMC1 yet Dante's flashier than he was in DMC3. In DMC:TAS, he was gearin' up more towards DMC2 Dante, and mhm. I hope we hear "DNC" in DmC, I mean, it's an important quote IMO. New Dante just has to find the right moment to say it in. I'm thinking that girl who follows him in "The Fight" trailer is maybe a demon and if she cries at one point in the game for whatever reason, he'll say the memorable line. ^^ Totally agreed. Love when his gentle side came out right in DMC2.

Arius was a tad cliche tbh. But yeah, a little more juicing up and he would've been fine. But about Mundus; he's pretty much the reason why Dante is who he is today. He's the one who corrupted Vergil and is held responsible for Eva's death considering that he's the one who ordered a demon attack on Dante's family. It's just epic beyond all proportions when you fight the guy who pretty much made you who YOU are (A demon slayer), and lol. While Dante was off in Hell fighting Agrosax Embodied, Lucia was still in the Human World and had to finish off Arius. But Arius took on a nasty change that no longer made him sane. Two forms, actually. One that makes his skin pale blue w/ two tentacles growing from his back, and the other is this extremely large bug-like form. Lol Ikr! Nah, Dante sensed the evil within Sanctus. Thus, he finished the job by shooting him. ^^ If only Nero knew what Dante's intentions were instead of fighting him like an animal. -__- And yeah I'm sure Dante would've left her alone.

Awww, so in RP, you wouldn't hesitate shooting me in the forehead, throwing a sword through my chest, or electrocuting me? XD But yeah I know how you feel. Dante's precious to me. Hurting him killed me a little inside. Q___Q And ah, you're referring to Blitz. ^^ Such an annoying, fast little shyit. He was fun to fight though.

See, I didn't like that. Trish was very important in DMC1, and the fact she wasn't in DMC2 bugged me. The ending for DMC1 hinted out for a badass sequel with Dante and Trish teaming up to FSU. TAS does take place between DMC1 and DMC4, but Trish hardly acted like Dante's partner there. =/ She was just...there. Doing her own thing. The relationship between Dante and Trish wasn't as strong in TAS either. Yeah, a true co-op mode would've been nice. lol, those poor misguided souls = COD. XD

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I liked the game... But i hated the gameplay it was so damn easy compared to the workout DMC 1's DMD mode gave me the environments weren't as detailed and the story was short and it ended with a cliffhanger !:'(

Grey-Frog

I dunno, I remember enjoying and liking DMC2 when I first played it many years ago. But I recently started it over in the HD collection... and I just couldn't do it. I want to re-play all the DMCs before DmC comes out (3 and 4 done, 1 is about half way) but I can't bring myself to get far in 2 at all.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I dunno, I remember enjoying and liking DMC2 when I first played it many years ago. But I recently started it over in the HD collection... and I just couldn't do it. I want to re-play all the DMCs before DmC comes out (3 and 4 done, 1 is about half way) but I can't bring myself to get far in 2 at all.
I've got the same problem, lol.

It's a really sketchy game and somehow I can't bring myself to want to finish it. I'm just so consumed with DMC 3 since I've enjoyed it so much on PS2, that DMC 2 is just so... meh. ;.;

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I liked DevilMayCry2 alot because it had much more room to actually fight enemies in. I disliked that about DevilMayCry.
A big plus was unlocking & playing as Trish, i love Trish lol she's very powerful.

Yeah but it made the whole game boring since there was SO Much room for you run and easily avoid enemy attacks

DMC1 forced you to fight in small areas yeah unlocking Trish was like WTF for me she should've been in the place of Lucia IMO

Nelo The Great

One of the only thing i didn't like was that I read online that you could unlock arius as a playable character. And it said this on many sites so i belived it to be true. looking back, it would've made the game that much better. I mean, hasn't that happened to anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom