• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;290296 said:
DMC2 was alright. Not good when you look at the story...or ease. But as far as character design, combat and just general feel...the game was amazing.

In my opinion, DMC2 had the best fighting out of all them. The time based system was still there, but depending on the direction you decide to move Dante while swinging, it increases combos.

I do believe there were, give or take a couple, about 5 different sword combos, rather than 2

It's not very easy on DMD mode, I'll say that much. Smarter enemies with twice as much health and DT modes = bad. Very bad.

Angel of Death

Well I thought dmc2 was a good game-- not the best. I would say dmc4 is the one i like best cause of Dante's Personality and Nero's when they fight. (my fav. parts of dmc4 is when nero and dante fight each other)
The point is dmc2 just needed a few touchups and that was it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Angel of Death;290394 said:
Well I thought dmc2 was a good game-- not the best. I would say dmc4 is the one i like best cause of Dante's Personality and Nero's when they fight. (my fav. parts of dmc4 is when nero and dante fight each other)
The point is dmc2 just needed a few touchups and that was it.

The nice thing about DMC2 was the variety of bosses. There were only two repeats I can think of. The Tartarussian clone (Plutonian) and Bolverk.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
aka958;290187 said:
Lol no.

It goes: DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.

DmC is a reboot, a completely different story. Thus the term reboot everywhere.

DmC is not a part of the DMC series, it's another perspective of it and has nothing to do with the original series.
Sadly, its planned to be apart of the series. They essentially call it an origin/reboot story thats part of the main continuity of the DMC series which, in other words, means they are retconning the holy **** out of DMC3.

dantec666

I liked it. I think it was different and a fun experience. Plus if it wasn't cause 2 we wouldn't have all the kick ass features of 3 and 4

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
I can honestly say that I tried my hardest to like it. I'll look past the fact that he's basically silent, I'll look past that I found the backdrops less than inspired. But basically I just didn't have fun playing it. And how can you like a game if you don't have fun playing it? :( I thought the gameplay was noticeably slower than DMC1 and I just found it boring. So in the end I don't like it...but I tried. At least the graphics were better lol

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Holy **** this thread is old. Just check the OP. It even has one of my earlier posts in it.

That said....I still like this game. Only problem I had with it was the ending and Dante's personality. I liked how it was easier...no raging like I did on DMC1.

UZUDAE

I'm on the fence. Was it a total, colossal failure? Not really. It just wasn't up to par with the standard set by DMC1. Not as hard, the pacing and story were all out of whack, it just didn't compare to the original, so at the time it was a huge disappointment.

Graphics and soundtrack were good though, and thought the plot was poorly executed, there were some interesting ideas at play there

Saosin

King of Games
IMO it's just a sad example of what happens when you stray too far from what makes Devil May Cry, or for any game, what it is. No doubt "DmC" will be example numero 2. :eek:

UZUDAE

IMO it's just a sad example of what happens when you stray too far from what makes Devil May Cry, or for any game, what it is. No doubt "DmC" will be example numero 2. :eek:

We can't be sure though. All we've seen is COSMETIC changes. I'd wait until we see this new DmC in action. At its heart, it may be as much a classic DMC experience as we could hope for

WingsofaButterfly

DANTE!!! *Tackles*
I may be the weirdest person in this forum, but I actually like DMC2 cuz it was the first DMC game I've ever played. My mom had a younger friend who had the game and he never played it, therefore, giving it to me. It was a pain in my ass to beat, but it wasn't hard once I started to memorize the missions.

An obsession took hold...

Now, DMC1, 2, 3, and 4 are the only games, aside from Resident Evil 4, that I play now. Though Final Fantasy will always be my first love...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
WingsofaButterfly;292505 said:
I may be the weirdest person in this forum, but I actually like DMC2 cuz it was the first DMC game I've ever played. My mom had a younger friend who had the game and he never played it, therefore, giving it to me. It was a pain in my ass to beat, but it wasn't hard once I started to memorize the missions.

An obsession took hold...

Now, DMC1, 2, 3, and 4 are the only games, aside from Resident Evil 4, that I play now. Though Final Fantasy will always be my first love...

You're not alone, DMC2 was my first as well. ^_^

Devil Hunter John Joko

The first DMC game i played was DMC 1 but the one i completed first was DMC 2.I think it was the best out of all the DMC games because Dante is so powerfull,even better than Sparda himself...Also like his personality in this game.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I liked the upgraded combat and moves that Devil May Cry 2 presented such as the wall running and new DT etc.

But i disliked the overall story and the change in Dante's character from being his typical wisecracking self to turning into a dark and quiet mysterious batman type of character lol.

Asmodaius

In my opinion - and please have in mind that this is just my opinion, not stating facts or talking for someone else - Devil May Cry 2 is my favourite of the bunch. I have probably played through this game 10 times more than all the other games together. The gameplay is alot more enjoyable, it is more stylish, Dante's looks is the best of all his appearances, Lucia is a great and fun character to play as, it's simple and easy to get into, it had some awesome enemies and bosses and the DT's were great. You could unlock Trish to play as, you could unlock the cool Lucia clone "The Secretary", alternate outfits... The gothic architecture was beautiful and I think it fits the series alot. The game generally had a mystic vibe to it.

My only beef with the game is the storyline. The story wasn't as epic or well-written like in the other games. Dante was more silent, as many have mentioned already, and it does indeed seem like he's matured alot in this game... but why? There's no background for why he's on Vie de Marli - he just is. And that makes me kinda iffy.

But it is still my favourite DMC game. And I can't wait to get my hands on the HD Collection, so I can play it through again. ^^

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
All I remember is flying-yay!
I didn't really like it because you could beat bosses hidding in a corner and shooting them with guns. It made me lazy :/
Haven't played it for years though, really have to give them all a play through again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom