• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Vergil you'd like to see: villain or hero? [SPOILERS]

Which Vergil would you prefer the most?

• Total voters

Onecrazymonkey1

That is a COMPLETE turnabaout.:blink: But really interesting to see, in its own twisted way.

Or, maybe, Dante deciding to take Vergil's place as the ruler, and the twins fighting themselves for control over humanity?

I can kind of see a corrupted Dante hell bent on trying to destroy all order in the world for complete anarchy and chaos, while a corrupted Vergil battles him for complete control.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
6562209_700b.jpg

That was the closest profession to "Demon King" I could find.

Onecrazymonkey1

Just because you've been replaced doesn't mean you can't usurp the usurper. And Vergil doesn't know what the hell he's doing anyway. At least under your rule humans were contained and, for the most part, content.

And...fat, lazy and lobotomized.. :ermm:. Vergil wanted to put them on the right track. Dante just wants chaos so it's all his fault. :p

Anyway I just had to ask because it's been killing me after seeing several of your posts. What's in your signature? They are cute as hell but what are they? lol

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
And...fat, lazy and lobotomized.. :ermm:. Vergil wanted to put them on the right track. Dante just wants chaos so it's all his fault. :p

Anyway I just had to ask because it's been killing me after seeing several of your posts. What's in your signature? They are cute as hell but what are they? lol

Synthetic dragons! A genetic defect made them born without eyes, noses or visible ears, but they can hear, taste and feel things just fine. They see using a combination of heightened hearing and sensing vibrations. They're incredibly affectionate and loving as well. Both are male, and are designed to be companions/pets. They are sentient as well. The one with the blue aura is named Riot, while the one with the orange aura is named Riser. This aura is normally not visible, but becomes visible when they are content. They are bipedal and have large hands and feet. Two digits per foot, and three per hand. Their claws look big and menacing, but feel like soft rubber and are prehensile.

Onecrazymonkey1

Synthetic dragons! A genetic defect made them born without eyes, noses or visible ears, but they can hear, taste and feel things just fine. They see using a combination of heightened hearing and sensing vibrations. They're incredibly affectionate and loving as well. Both are male, and are designed to be companions/pets. They are sentient as well. The one with the blue aura is named Riot, while the one with the orange aura is named Riser. This aura is normally not visible, but becomes visible when they are content. They are bipedal and have large hands and feet. Two digits per foot, and three per hand. Their claws look big and menacing, but feel like soft rubber and are prehensile.

Ah Thank you! I love dragons @____@. I thought they looked really cuddly and for some strange reason I can picture them purring; I want one for a pet now. I also think spiders and snakes are cute though, so I'm slightly a strange bird! Are they from a show? or a book?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah Thank you! I love dragons @____@. I thought they looked really cuddly and for some strange reason I can picture them purring; I want one for a pet now. I also think spiders and snakes are cute though, so I'm slightly a strange bird! Are they from a show? or a book?

I think spiders and snakes are cute too. I like snakes more than spiders though. And yes, they can purr! They aren't from anything in particular, they're just a couple of characters that I had a friend of mine draw. I only said "draw something you think I'd like" and they were the end result. And I love them so much. :3 As my status says, I consider them my children. And if ya want, I could always set you up with one of 'em for a pet. XD

Onecrazymonkey1

I think spiders and snakes are cute too. I like snakes more than spiders though. And yes, they can purr! They aren't from anything in particular, they're just a couple of characters that I had a friend of mine draw. I only said "draw something you think I'd like" and they were the end result. And I love them so much. :3 As my status says, I consider them my children. And if ya want, I could always set you up with one of 'em for a pet. XD

Your friend is awesome and who knew something without eyes, nose or visible ears would look so cute? I draw as well but I can't seem to make up anything original. I can look at a magazine or a face or whatever but draw a blank when I try to pull something out of my head.

I wouldn't mind one as a pet! when can you ship one over? :w00t:

I think I need to stop derailing the thread though >_<. I feel sorry for the OP, but he can blame it on my ADD.

I don't think Vergil's intentions were bad at the end of DmC. He clearly said he wants to protect the humans he was sadistic killing Lilith and her baby but that's because they are demons and Vergil wants to rid the world of them, as hypocritical as that may sound considering his genes.

I think he might have made a good ruler. What was Dante's problem?

temp-dsn

a modest Evil Genius
I for one would be the first to pre-order it...:p

On a more serious note, I don't really know how the public would receive it.
I would personally find it a much appreciated change, especially if the storyline and character development are made a primary focus. I think NT's reboot was a good improvement from the classic series, which is more flamboyant, but it doesen't really go in depth in the description of the characters. DmC did a better job, in this regard, especially for Vergil, who is not shown as just the stereotypical who is power-hungry just for the sake of being power-hungry because we need to fit in a boss somewhere (the infamous line "Without strength you cannot protect anything" is not really much to go by).
But I recognize that many gamers loved Devil May Cry not because of the storyline, nor for its well developed characters. Its strengths were mainly in the gameplay.
We must also remember that DmC suffered a lot for being a change from the old series. I fear that another change could possibly alienate another part of the potential public.
It is a bet, I think: there would be good reasons to like this Vergil spinoff you're suggesting, but I honestly don't know how many fans (not counting Vergil fans, obviously) would endorse it.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. If you ask me, I'd pre-order it, too. But, like you, I don't think there will be a lot of people like us. I'm not even sure there will be enough potential buyers. So, perspectives are really sad :(

temp-dsn

a modest Evil Genius
id like Vergil to be super mega evil for now. i mean murdering, genocidal, sociopathic evil that makes the old Vergil take a step back like "damn" so that his final battle with Dante is all the more epic and awesome.
then when he is defeated after the most awesome and amazing way and we think Dante killed him. we see he's still alive. he awakens in some strange place. with a complete loss of memory. as he explores his surroundings he finds a suit of armor which he wears thinking its his. soon after he rescues a group of humans from an attack. they dub him neo angelo, thinking its his name he takes it on. he is plagued by a laughing, sinister Vergil (like the dopleganger) that he thinks is his mortal enemy who is constantly trying to hurt him by messing with limbo, sending monsters after him or downright attacking him. not realising theyre the same person when he DOES learn this, he is racked with guilt and horror but chooses to push on to redeeming himself. the game ends with his death against a demon god who is on the brink of eradicating all life (said monster had already banished dante or hes off saving the universe somewhere else)

at the very end of the game after the credits we see Vergils grave and dante laying down a single blue flower. the tombstone reads "here lies Vergil, who lost his way and found it again"
AAAAAAAAwsome!
I don't like the way Vergil's story develops, but it's really good idea. Why don't you write scenario for NT?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I don't Vergil's intentions were bad at the end of DmC. He clearly said he wants to protect the humans he was sadistic killing Lilith and her baby but that's because they are demons and Vergil wants to rid the world of them, as hypocritical as that may sound considering his genes.

I think he might have made a good ruler. What was Dante's problem?

what gives him the right to rule? power? the fact he killed Mundus? none of these things make him ruling humanity against their will ok. even if you argue it would help humanity through the demon invasion, it would only be for so long. in the end he will just be Mundus 2.0 perhaps not as deceitful but everyone answers to him and all opposed would be dealt with. all this is bad enough, if you also add the fact he regards humans as weak and overall useless you put a whole other issue into the mix. suddenly he is no longer a leader (who is equal to his subjects and lives to serve) but a lord of us ( who is superior and lives to be served). its all morally wrong.

Top Bottom