• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which female you'd like to play with?

I want a playable...

• Lady

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Trish

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lucia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyrie

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Patty (what? she is a girl too)

• Nevan

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • someone entirely new

• Total voters

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
People throw the idea around that Kyrie was part of The Order. Its members are not so normal, after all. Sanctus, Nero, Agnus, Credo...Kyrie?

Viper

Premium
People throw the idea around that Kyrie was part of The Order. Its members are not so normal, after all. Sanctus, Nero, Agnus, Credo...Kyrie?
If I remember right, even the artbook showed they wanted to give her a shorter, more practical skirt, like her outfit is uniform of the Order, not just regular clothes.
And by living with Credo and Nero, it would be logical to expect she picked up some moves. After all, she lives in a dangerous place and is a courageous type, they don't just sit back and expect others to do everything, she would want to know self-defense.
They just didn't get around to giving her a suitable sword, those lazy bastards. :tongue:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nah, guys. Kyrie doesn't know a single thing about fighting, let's just face it. That's why when she's around, Nero and Credo always get in front of her, as a shield.

KRSkull

Nah, guys. Kyrie doesn't know a single thing about fighting, let's just face it. That's why when she's around, Nero and Credo always get in front of her, as a shield.

Maybe she can. but Nero and Credo stand infront of her because she means a lot to them.

Viper

Premium
They get in front of her cause that is a natural reaction when a female and one that is also a family member is in danger.
She's got a long skirt, no weapon in hand and was appointed the role of love interest, so it would have been wishful thinking to ever see her fighting in DMC4, but she also has great courage and in possible sequels could be made into a warrior like the knights of the Order before they were made demons (they were still relatively strong even before that when they could preserve peace) or have her get some devil arm that will amplify her abilities.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Maybe she can. but Nero and Credo stand infront of her because she means a lot to them.

Sorry but I won't buy it. If she knew anything about fighting, she wouldn't have stayed there waiting for her death when saving that child.

Come on, it's crystal clear that she can't fight. She's just the damsel in distress.

Viper

Premium
Sorry but I won't buy it. If she knew anything about fighting, she wouldn't have stayed there waiting for her death when saving that child.

Come on, it's crystal clear that she can't fight. She's just the damsel in distress.
Cause that's what her role was in that game. Doesn't mean she ain't got potential to grow beyond it in future story.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Cause that's what her role was in that game. Doesn't mean she ain't got potential to grow beyond it in future story.

In future stories yes. But you assumed that she has some fighting knowledge in DMC4, which is... nah.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think about Gears of War and Anya Stroud. How Anya was basically bookworm in the first gears, but than suddenly grown scary biceps and was kicking asses in Gears 3. So you never know, maybe Kyrie is demon-huntress after all

Viper

Premium
In future stories yes. But you assumed that she has some fighting knowledge in DMC4, which is... nah.
She could have had some fighting knowledge in DMC4, but didn't practiced it enough at the time to successfully use it. Did you see any weapons in her hand when she shielded that kid? No. In that moment all she had was her instinct to protect, that was her only weapon against the demon killing that kid.

But let's move further, this is about potential DMC5...
While Lady, Trish, Nevan and Lucia have proved themselves in battle and can just expand on it for their own campaign, who's to say Patty and Kyrie can't do it as well? Patty can use alchemy since she is descendant of a very powerful alchemist, while Kyrie can go the human knight route. The Order were humans originally, and they did their job relatively well.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Personally if I was to pick Lady, I'd have her paired with Trish to help her face the harder demons. That's why I strayed from picking her in the first place, because she would still need a bit of help. The game wouldn't be very challenging if it was just lower level demons. And as much as I can enjoy some over the top gunplay, that would be all it would consist of. Trish would be better for me because she can wield the swords, Sparda and Alastor, as well as utilise gun power.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Trish. I'd like to use lightning with guns and a giant sword.
...and Kat too.
hqdefault.jpg

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Patty! Shes the ancestor of Aeron Lowell! Surely she has some dark magic hidden inside her! She could make such an interesting moveset if they explore on her origins...

Vitahlani

I gotta go with Trish. She's my favorite DMC female so she automatically gets my vote.

KRSkull said:

Kyrie is actually a summoner and Nero and Credo are just her summons. Kyrie is therefore the ultimate fighter.

Viper

Premium
Play with or as? Because that's a very different response to the why.
It wasn't until next day that I remembered I could have said play as, cause my language uses only one word for both and there are times when memories just aren't coming forward. ^^;

But in a nutshell, they could be considered both your avatar (playing as) or your tool/toy (playing with).

Lani

I'd like to play as Lady but fighting against lower level demons would get dull after awhile so she'd have to have Trish or Dante there to help against the higher level ones/bosses.

Top Bottom