• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which female you'd like to play with?

I want a playable...

• Lady

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Trish

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lucia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyrie

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Patty (what? she is a girl too)

• Nevan

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • someone entirely new

• Total voters

Viper

Premium
I'd like to play as Lady but fighting against lower level demons would get dull after awhile so she'd have to have Trish or Dante there to help against the higher level ones/bosses.
Don't judge Lady based on her specie, sure she might take more effort, but even Lady has potential to defeat more than just low level demons.
That large demon she defeated in anime sure didn't look that weak.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Don't judge Lady based on her specie, sure she might take more effort, but even Lady has potential to defeat more than just low level demons.

I disagree. Can you see her succeeding in defeating, say, Beowulf? Or Berial? Or Griffon?
She would be torn to pieces.

I'd still like to play as her, if they give her cool looking gun based and gymnastics based moves. But they'd need to let her face low/middle power demons. I think she might fit in a DLC campaign or something like that.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Or just make her make a deal with a demon to get the power she need and in order to make her more independent of the others. In her shoes, I would do if everything fails.

Viper

Premium
I disagree. Can you see her succeeding in defeating, say, Beowulf? Or Berial? Or Griffon?
She would be torn to pieces.

I'd still like to play as her, if they give her cool looking gun based and gymnastics based moves. But they'd need to let her face low/middle power demons. I think she might fit in a DLC campaign or something like that.
If Snake could defeat Metal Gear with one rocket launcher, then by video game logic Lady could kick some devil ass. As I said, it would take MORE EFFORT, but I really dislike it when people dismiss her from the start as useless cause a human would never be able to hold their own against anything but low level demons.

Also, Lady is descendant of priestess. We don't know what exactly being a priestess means, it could also mean she has some latent powers that could awake.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Viper: I don't think people are misjudging Lady as a character. However, being realistic here, she is human and in the DMC world most judge them as weak. Lady could just about kill middle level demons, but if there was more than one at a time she'd be without a chance.

Lani

I havent seen the anime but going by the game Lady was fighting lower maybe some mid level demons from what I remember. I dont think she'd fair well against high level demons,specially by herself.

Gel

Premium
Life taught me everyone hates everything until the day they need it.That is what we call pragmatism.
The only thing how saw related to the priestess blood, was the capability of Lady could heal quickly.( even if the game was non canon).

Viper

Premium
@Viper: I don't think people are misjudging Lady as a character. However, being realistic here, she is human and in the DMC world most judge them as weak. Lady could just about kill middle level demons, but if there was more than one at a time she'd be without a chance.
I kinda wished humanity in this universe would stop being just a pathetic bunch of weaklings that have demons and half-demons decide their ultimate fate. Even the Order, humans at first, were made demons.
Lady gave me hope for what I wanted. Isn't the message of the series that love, or humanity as they say it, is stronger than demon powers?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Viper: Yes and no. Because those ideologies were held by Sparda and are now held by Dante. Who aren't entirely human.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Lady gave me hope for what I wanted. Isn't the message of the series that love, or humanity as they say it, is stronger than demon powers?

Yeah but not humanity alone. What the series implies is that DEMONS can greatly augment their pre-existing power once embracing human emotions and values, reaching their full potential.

Humanity alone is not enough, it's the ultimate "booster" for demons' power, not a power in itself. Not in the literal/combat-related sense anyway.

Gel

Premium
Friend, even if the message is that, what is done in game is quite different. In DMC world, it seems it is a sin or shame to be human.Human are just food and basically useless.Even Dante, who likes to preach about "humanity", is guilty of acting like that. What he does is opposite to what he says; even him doesn't care so much about humans.

Viper

Premium
Yeah but not humanity alone. What the series implies is that DEMONS can greatly augment their pre-existing power once embracing human emotions and values, reaching their full potential.

Humanity alone is not enough, it's the ultimate "booster" for demons' power, not a power in itself. Not in the literal/combat-related sense anyway.
Remember I said I like Predator 2 more than the first one? By logic, Danny Glover's character, just another big city detective, would stand no chance against Predator, but he did in the end. He was the underdog that refused to quit cause he knew the city depended on him.

If humanity can give demons a boost, why can't that same humanity, the power of love, of strong will, give Lady a boost? She is flexible, she is fast, she has healing powers to certain extent, and most of all she is damn stubborn and brave... so why not?

@Gel

Yeah, i noticed that. As much as he claims to care about humanity, in the end his attitude ain't that different from Vergil's - they are little ants and he is the mighty god above them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Friend, even if the message is that, what is done in game is quite different. In DMC world, it seems it is a sin or shame to be human.Human are just food and basically useless.Even Dante, who likes to preach about "humanity", is guilty of acting like that. What he does is opposite to what he says; even him doesn't care so much about humans.

"Whoa, slow down, babe!"

Dante is just realist. He knows that humans have absolutely no chance to beat powerful demons, so when, for example, in DMC3 he says "This is not a human's job" he's referring to that. He was saving Lady's ass there (and thank God, I want that ass in one piece LOL).

It's not he takes human in low regard, in fact he knows and values human values (eh, sorry for the repetition).

@Viper Predators are not supernatural and super powered beings they are just aliens. There's chance (small chance, but still) for a human to overcome them. We're talking about humans vs super powered and godly beings.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
And this now becomes a war of Lady and what her capabilities are.

You have to look at her at face value. Lady is a demon hunter, like Dante and Trish. But the difference is, their strength lies within their demonic powers. Lady's strength relies on her skills with her weapons and her will and determination. Therein lies the difference in powers and abilities.

Gel

Premium
Sure, he was right in that scene, but his behavior is constant. He preaches about human values much like a little boy who learnt something new in Sunday school and repeats it eagerly without knowing what that meanings.He is particularly nasty with Lady, at the point of calling her a fast woman.I can't avoid to think if he only helps her in the end, just because he wanted to get inside her panties and even today he is bitter with her rejection.
Basically Dante is condescending with humans, not really affectionate.

Viper

Premium
And she also has her brains... why not make it so that in big battles she uses things from environment to achieve victory? I remember long time ago my bro played one of the RE's and final battle was beating some kind of a huge monster with a special laser canon or something cause it was too strong for some other way.
God knows DMC is full of magic and wheels to hit for a special effect.

The trick is to come up with a way to overcome her shortcomings, it's far more inspirational than "stand back and let the demons do your fighting".

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sure, he was right in that scene, but his behavior is constant. He preaches about human values much like a little boy who learnt something new in Sunday school and repeats it eagerly without knowing what that meanings.He is particularly nasty with Lady, at the point of calling her a fast woman.I can't avoid to think if he only helps her in the end, just because he wanted to get inside her panties and even today he is bitter with her rejection.
Basically Dante is condescending with humans, not really affectionate.

Not really. I think you're misinterpreting things, Gelly.

Fast woman was just a joke, during that little confrontation with Lady. Certainly not a sign of disdain towards her or anything like that, wut?!

Also, no, he helps her because he felt it was his duty to do so. But I understand how one could think... otherwise.
But even if what you said was the case, him wanting to bang her, doesn't imply that he doesn't care about whole humanity.

KRSkull

In Devil May Cry 4 Dante said to Agnus "You asssumed that humans are weak. OK yeah, Their body lacks the physical Ability of a demon. But humans possess something that demons don't." So there is a chance that someone as Strong as Lady to defeat some strong Demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Neither Patty or Kyrie were shown with combat skills or weapons so for them to be playable you might wanna go through a time skip so you can just have them learn how to fight off-screen.

As a way to spice it up maybe have them alternate between weapons, martial arts moves and a form of combat based magic similar to Fairy tail.

Top Bottom