• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which female you'd like to play with?

I want a playable...

• Lady

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Trish

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lucia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyrie

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Patty (what? she is a girl too)

• Nevan

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • someone entirely new

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In Devil May Cry 4 Dante said to Agnus "You asssumed that humans are weak. OK yeah, Their body lacks the physical Ability of a demon. But humans possess something that demons don't." So there is a chance that someone as Strong as Lady to defeat some strong Demons.

Eh. I still see her die a horrible death if she tries.

Viper

Premium
Lucia gets no love? But she's a beast!
I'd squee if they brought her back, loved that devil trigger of hers.

Since some people keep pointing out certain females are too weak... *sticks her tongue out* ...how would you like the idea of a tag team? Either doppelganger style... or maybe even taking turns, a team of two, maybe even more, for quick switching. Now that i think about it, kinda like styles, only with people.

ps. Trish still gets love from some... and then I guess some just had enough of someone who appeared in 3 out of 4 games, anime and comic.
Don't know what the thing is with Lucia, she is loved by fans from what I saw. Guess it's the curse of DMC2.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Viper: You're missing the point. Nobody is saying that the DMC women are too weak. Hell, look at the poll, Lady is at the top. It was just a case of presenting what we know of her and her strength and what we believe her to be capable of.

I do, on the other hand, agree with one of your earlier statements which was along the terms of making it possible for Lady to overcome obstacles within her own campaign. Yes that would be achievable. Albeit, a tad unrealistic from what feats we've witnessed from her. But if they so wished, they could do and I won't lie that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Viper

Premium
@Viper: You're missing the point. Nobody is saying that the DMC women are too weak. Hell, look at the poll, Lady is at the top. It was just a case of presenting what we know of her and her strength and what we believe her to be capable of.

I do, on the other hand, agree with one of your earlier statements which was along the terms of making it possible for Lady to overcome obstacles within her own campaign. Yes that would be achievable. Albeit, a tad unrealistic from what feats we've witnessed from her. But if they so wished, they could do and I won't lie that I wouldn't enjoy it.
English ain't my first language, but I'm pretty sure all this time I was reading how Lady is not powerful enough to defeat anything but low and middle level demons. In short, she is too weak for a complete thing.
Look at Foxtrot up there, he blatantly states she would die a horrible death for so much as trying. The tongue thing was for him, sorry for not making it clear.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
English ain't my first language, but I'm pretty sure all this time I was reading how Lady is not powerful enough to defeat anything but low and middle level demons. In short, she is too weak for a complete thing.
Look at Foxtrot up there, he blatantly states she would die a horrible death for so much as trying. The tongue thing was for him, sorry for not making it clear.

Yes, but within the DMC Universe, within Dante's campaign/story, she can't overcome high ranking demons. I simply agree that within her own game, they could implement it so she can kill harder enemies. Isn't that the point here? If the characters were playable in their own story? As in, not cast alongside Dante as a piece of eye candy.

Viper

Premium
Yes, but within the DMC Universe, within Dante's campaign/story, she can't overcome high ranking demons. I simply agree that within her own game, they could implement it so she can kill harder enemies. Isn't that the point here? If the characters were playable in their own story? As in, not cast alongside Dante as a piece of eye candy.
That was the whole point of the thread, but then people started pointing out she would need Dante or Trish to help. That was the Yamato and Sparda's blood for this hell gate.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That was the whole point of the thread, but then people started pointing out she would need Dante or Trish to help. That was the Yamato and Sparda's blood for this hell gate.

Well actually what I was getting at was I'd like to see her fighting with Trish to help out. That's kind of why I didn't want to pick her. I assumed that Trish's campaign might propose more of a challenge, because by comparison Trish can achieve more plus it'd be easier and simpler to work out her abilities. I'm talking about her sword moves, her Devil Trigger etc What kind of power would Lady hold? As she has no DT.

Viper

Premium
Well actually what I was getting at was I'd like to see her fighting with Trish to help out. That's kind of why I didn't want to pick her. I assumed that Trish's campaign might propose more of a challenge, because by comparison Trish can achieve more plus it'd be easier and simpler to work out her abilities. I'm talking about her sword moves, her Devil Trigger etc What kind of power would Lady hold? As she has no DT.
Since Lady is very flexible, they could give her something like the evasive techniques in DMC2, with her "sword" being Kalina ann. It would have less cutting power, but that thing could deal some damage when coming down hard on someone's head, and has that blade on top. Otherwise, her gameplay could be a new kind of challenge with focus being on guns.

I think I said it already somewhere, but she is a descendant of a priestess. If alchemists in this world can summon demons, maybe these priestesses have some powers too? Maybe her devil trigger can be a shield made of holy light activated by some artifact and her blood?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I would prefer Lucia over Trish. Trish has already shown us her capabilities, not only in canon games or official media, but in non canon games too.
So, for a matter of fair play and trying something new, I'm all the way for the all other female characters.

KRSkull

I could see it now Kyrie asks Lady to teach her how to fight and then asks Trish and Lucia how to channel her Angelic voice. And all four work together to make a weapon that can use Kyrie's Angelic voice the same way Trish did in DMC 1.

Top Bottom