• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where do you think the series is heading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Doubt it...then again SEGA's contract with Nintendo is ending and they might try to find a new big developer to strike deals for their consoles...but it's quite unlikely now since Capcom's already fed and will feed the current and upcoming Nintendo consoles with enough "meat".

OT : ...I think they will lean more towards humanoid final bosses.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I was being utterly sarcastic with the whole Nintendo thing, just for everyone's information :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh no... not a wii game...
Although there were rumors the capcom were developing ideas DMC games for DS

King of Hell

Must Die
Angel;269659 said:
And I'm featuring in it too :lol:

Personally, when a series gets to this stage it's usually a money-spinner and not much else. It's rare for a company to pull its' socks up and make something awesome fifth time around, if it even gets that far at all in the first place.

To me, DMC4 was testing the water with the introduction of Nero and the whole "looky! it's on xbox360!" thing. It wouldn't surprise me if the series did one of two things:

1) Completely ignore the Nero thing - like, not even mention it and treat it like a spin-off rather than part of the series, before making a game that revolves around the usual suspects once again - with maybe a hint of Vergil just to pretend like they're going somewhere with it, even though they probably won't.

2) Focus solely on developing Nero's story, whatever the hell that is, with very little concerning the other DMC stalwarts except as cameos to appease the older fanbase.

There is a third alternative: Nintendo get a hold of the franchise and turn it into a Wii game that's fun for all the family.

Could happen...

don't give them any ideas, some idiot of a developer might be reading this, we might get a Nero only game with no appearance of Dante at all, & then they'd say we listened to the fans.
Nero works as a supporting character, he got the spot light once, & that's enough, I like him as long as he's a supporting character. & fans of the Devil Bringer can play as him in Bloody Palace, I'm sticking with Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
King of Hell;269681 said:
Nero works as a supporting character, he got the spot light once, & that's enough, I like him as long as he's a supporting character. & fans of the Devil Bringer can play as him in Bloody Palace, I'm sticking with Dante.

I would actually like to see him as a main character in at least one more game. If it's Dante only again, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Everyone is a fan of Dante in some way or another...we all love him in some way or another too. Some people fear change because it could potentially ruin a series...but I'd like to think that Nero is just a change from the routine of Dante sealing demons. It's an overlooked fact really, if you continue with the same storyline and sealing all of daddy's demons that are raging with revenge to destroy the human realm, it tends to get little boring after hearing all those cliche death threats.

Play around with Nero a bit and Dante will be back in style with a new sense of flair to him. I hope for a different spin on the storyline though if he's back as the main character...you can't just shove Nero back in a dark corner and forget about him after introducing the kid. He needs to be explained!

King of Hell

Must Die
well, Nero did get his game already, so its Dante's turn, all that is left for Nero is his origin. a PSP/3DS spinoff would work for him.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It would work but do you really think Capcom thinks about PSP/3DS spin-off stories? Maybe, I guess it depends on the head producer for the game and his or their views to do with the characters and storylines.

As for me though, I hardly believe that they would make a short game for Nero when you can make it bigger...more profit and sell it under the DMC name.

Edit: What I mean by DMC name is, PS3, Xbox360...the main systems instead of a smaller side system.

Domingo

if you continue with the same storyline and sealing all of daddy's demons that are raging with revenge to destroy the human realm, it tends to get little boring after hearing all those cliche death threats.
I disagree. Look Castlevania : it's always the return of Dracula, it's always a Belmont (almost -SotN it's Alucard)who have to destroy him, the environnement is always the same (a castle)... But the serie still exist !

DMC is a beat'em all. In this sort of game it's : Lot of frag but poor story. DMC is an excellent beat'em all but also the Universe is very interesting. CAPCOM has already a excellent beat'em all now they have to think about the plot, atmosphere and the future of the characters.

They can't forget Dante and focus on Nero's story before give answer to us (the player,and consumer who buy every game) !

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Domingo;269696 said:
I disagree. Look Castlevania : it's always the return of Dracula, it's always a Belmont (almost -SotN it's Alucard)who have to destroy him, the environnement is always the same (a castle)... But the serie still exist !

I guess, but then again...I've never really been a fan of the Castlevania series. But aren't the characters consistant and same with the eerie castle? DMC is a beat'em all game but I think they are experimenting too much with everything right now...I think what they need is something similar to Castlevania...a dark eerie setting and a steady plot?

I could be very well mistaken, but no harm in voicing my opinion.

Domingo

I agree.
Capcom developped a concept, with DMC 4 they have reached the game play limit. Now they have to keep the fantastic gameplay and work on the plot and character's background.

That's why i said earlier that a spin-off would be great (RPG or anime or an other sort of game). Because i think if CAPCOM decided to tell whole story it will slow the game, it's better to have a spin-off focused on the past story of each character.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, it all depends on the motivation and commitment made by the company to make something like that happen. I agree that telling a whole story about someone's background would be slow and plain boring as well...it's something that Capcom has to work at and figure out how the peices will fit together in the end.

We can only hope that they don't have any "last minute" thoughts and ditch some useful info or add in something silly that has nothing relevant with the current plot they are planning out, if any that is.

King of Hell

Must Die
making another Nero game wouldn't help the sales anyway, not a lot of people like Nero, while I don't mind him, some people seriously hate the guy, & as long as Dante is the main character, the next game would sell really well, I doubt that DMC4 would have sold much if Dante wasn't in it, which I believe is the main reason they gave him 7 missions in the first place. at least I know I wouldn't have gotten 2 versions of DMC4 (PS3 & PC) if Dante wasn't in it, & I'm not even a Nero hater. Dante was the only reason that kept DMC4 from getting old. & let's face it, Rebellion & Gilgamesh are way more fun than spaming Buster, & I've hated the exceed system anyway. I admit that Buster on Bosses looks cool, but that's about it.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Now that people are saying DMC 5 is confirmed and taking on a Westernized style, say goodbye to a lot of your theories about Nero, Vergil + more. Westernized usually means no plot, men on steroids and more than enough busty babes...again, I hope I'm really wrong about this though.

It would be a BIG catastrophic dissapointment for everyone if this is how it played out to be.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^does a little dance...
stops dance to realize that the series is even more ruined than what it was

Meg

*does dance because I'm hopeful* The thing is is that we can't know anything in DMC5 will be a certain way until Capcom gives clear evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom