• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where do you think the series is heading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Hell

Must Die
I agree with most of your points Vampi, but Trish gave Sanctus the Sparda sword (recklessly) because she knew his plan needed someone with Sparda's blood, she didn't know Nero carried Sparda's blood. other than that, I agree with you.

Vampi

That still doesn't excuse the fact she gave the most powerful sword from the savior of mankind to a crazy old man with a megalomaniac complex. That's like giving terrorist a nuclear bomb and hope they start doing plans for destroying the world but only intervene at the last moment, cause Lo and Behold! They had nefarious motives with the bomb in the first place. Its stupid.

And if she knew that the Order of the Sword was up to no good i'm sure Dante would've helped her no matter if it had to do with Sparda or not. Dante is not a cold-hearted jerk, he'd probably do anything for Trish. Trish has his mother's face for God's sake!

Domingo

In my opinion, Trish gave the sword of Sparda at the order to force Dante to take care of this mission.

Dante seems to be very lazy, maybe it's a way to motivate him ?

King of Hell

Must Die
it was a reckless decision to give them the sword, but she didn't know things would go this far because she thought Dante was the only living person to have Sparda's blood in him, & she knows nobody is strong enough to kidnap Dante & trap him in The Savior's core.
regarding Dante's personality, he turned from the caring badass cool guy in DMC1 to someone who doesn't even care about anything, why does Nero look like him? why did he have his brother's DT behind him as a shadow? why was his brother's sword broken? how did Nero awaken it? he didn't even try to investigate these situations. Dante was always touchy when it comes to family, yet everything was retconned in DMC4.

Domingo

Reckless ? Really ?
I disagree. I think that Trish is a very intelligent female who knows what the Order try to do (almost).
Regarding Dante's personnality she decided to forced him to act. That's why she gav the sword.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
For now, DMC is goin' down hill because it's starting to lack motivation for characters. The only thing Capcom has going on for them right now the curiousity surrounding Nero and Berial's "You were just like him" comment and not to mention Yamato being resurrected. Unless they can pull something extremely well off in the next edition for fans to scream for more action, it will end up being just a dud. DMC 3 to me was deep in the storyline. DMC 1 was deep in emotions. Unless they can somehow pull these off in DMC 5, the game will just lack interesting conversations, not to mention turn fans off from all the adrenaline rushing through their veins to get to the next level.

I think there is more to it than meets the eye with Dante's behaviour. Sure he didn't bat an eyelash but who's to say he isn't interested though? Nero is a teenager with demonic arm and have some sort of power...I have a feeling Dante knows something but he's not entirely sure. Dante even said Nero he is the same as him, but he's different from any other normal demon. The series hasn't offically ended yet, so there is still time. I'd really like to see the series continue for another good couple of games to try and fill in the majority of plot holes. surrounding Nero's being and Dante's reason for still killing demons for people that have the "Password". Last I remember he got his revenge on Mundus, is that not enough Dante though? What else is he after to help his avengence for his fallen family? Anyways, I want them to end the series on a good note, not a disappointing ending.

Off topic: Trish is a cunning and intelligent woman, she had to pretty much blackmail Dante to get him off his a** to go to Fortuna. She knew something was fishy and didn't like it, so she had to take the initiative to get info from the inside. Also, if you remember, Dante can refuse jobs he doesn't like...it doesn't mean he doesn't care about the end of the human realm, if it's not worth his attention it's not important. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND, I'm thinking. Lady on the other hand, is just a greedy whore who takes all of Dante's money because he's apparently in debt. In DMC 3 she had a better persona than the one in DMC 4.

King of Hell

Must Die
I'm done with Lady ever since I've watched the anime, Trish did change between DMC1 & the anime/DMC4, but nothing major, she was just growing up.

writers shouldn't just play with every character's personality, a personality needs to be consistent, Dante was young in DMC3, so he grew up by DMC1, now how'd he go all immature in DMC4 all of a sudden?

CoryBelmont

Loveless Hero
Im hoping they kill of nero myself... i dont see a reason for him to be in the series. but maybe something links him in that i dont know about.
And with killing off a so called *main character* it will bring in tragedy which in turn would pull people more into the storyline of it all.
or maybe thats just me :)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
King of Hell;269316 said:
I'm done with Lady ever since I've watched the anime, Trish did change between DMC1 & the anime/DMC4, but nothing major, she was just growing up.

writers shouldn't just play with every character's personality, a personality needs to be consistent, Dante was young in DMC3, so he grew up by DMC1, now how'd he go all immature in DMC4 all of a sudden?

Because not enough people knew and/or cared what he used to be like. So "why bother trying to be consistent" I think was their attitude there.
They hit a sweet spot with enough people to make bucketloads of money and are now probably too scared to change him in any way.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I hope that with the new president on board,Koba mans up,the new president gives the strict of quality games back in line and we get the DMC franchise to be more like the Megaman franchise at the moments it had Keiji Inafune directing it.

That's me.

King of Hell

Must Die
Darth Angelo;269505 said:
Because not enough people knew and/or cared what he used to be like. So "why bother trying to be consistent" I think was their attitude there.
They hit a sweet spot with enough people to make bucketloads of money and are now probably too scared to change him in any way.

or maybe because the original had different developers, it was DMC1 Dante that was voted as being one of the coolest new characters in the last decade, he was believable yet he was badass, by the time DMC1 was out, every major website & magazine listed him as one of the coolest characters in video games, now they've made him so generic that he doesn't get any attention.

Vampi

Devil Bane;269506 said:
I hope that with the new president on board,Koba mans up,the new president gives the strict of quality games back in line and we get the DMC franchise to be more like the Megaman franchise at the moments it had Keiji Inafune directing it.

That's me.

I really doubt Koba is gonna give a damn about giving DMC the respect it deserves. Take this recent interview with him for example http://www.1up.com/news/hiroyuki-kobayashi-talks-devil-kings

He basically says he's just making games to make alot of money and whatnot. There's nothing about making games better or the games having more depth. As long as they sell that's Koba's preragotive.

The new Prez for Capcom isn't interested in developing better games. He's only there to make the stock holders happy by making a profit. Thus why Koba is probably Employee #1 cause he's pretty much a lackey to churn out mediocre games and just make a profit no matter how crappy the game is.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was busy earlier and i thought about another twist the series could take... Mundus and Sparda are TWINS!!!

King of Hell

Must Die
Vampi;269585 said:
I really doubt Koba is gonna give a damn about giving DMC the respect it deserves. Take this recent interview with him for example http://www.1up.com/news/hiroyuki-kobayashi-talks-devil-kings

He basically says he's just making games to make alot of money and whatnot. There's nothing about making games better or the games having more depth. As long as they sell that's Koba's preragotive.

The new Prez for Capcom isn't interested in developing better games. He's only there to make the stock holders happy by making a profit. Thus why Koba is probably Employee #1 cause he's pretty much a lackey to churn out mediocre games and just make a profit no matter how crappy the game is.

making quick buck doesn't make the stock holders happy, they want reputation, they want critical acclaim, & those two can lead to very high selling games, they're more interested in long-term investments. anything short-term isn't any of their concern, & any game that sells without getting any attention is a short-term investment.
so I doubt the stock holders are on the edge of their seat when it comes to DMC & kobayashi.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Naaaa...don't say that.The worst thing that can happen to Nero now is to become a cybernetic Ninja...a full demon I mean.:D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I know i'm not the biggest Nero fan, but to kill him off would be a bit of a farse. (And worthy of a giant facepalm).

Vampi: FYI, I'm not a n00b, so don't reply to me as if i am one.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Vergil'sB*tch;269653 said:
I know i'm not the biggest Nero fan, but to kill him off would be a bit of a farse. (And worthy of a giant facepalm).

Not excactly.To kill him permanently would be.I mean it's not impossible that something like that would happen :

*Scene from DMC 5,6,whatever* :

Nero is killed.

Kyrie : OMG!They killed Nero!

Dante : You bastards!

*Nero awakens his full DT or something and gets revived*

Hey,it is possible.It sort of happened already...twice.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;269592 said:
I was busy earlier and i thought about another twist the series could take... Mundus and Sparda are TWINS!!!
And I'm featuring in it too :lol:

Personally, when a series gets to this stage it's usually a money-spinner and not much else. It's rare for a company to pull its' socks up and make something awesome fifth time around, if it even gets that far at all in the first place.

To me, DMC4 was testing the water with the introduction of Nero and the whole "looky! it's on xbox360!" thing. It wouldn't surprise me if the series did one of two things:

1) Completely ignore the Nero thing - like, not even mention it and treat it like a spin-off rather than part of the series, before making a game that revolves around the usual suspects once again - with maybe a hint of Vergil just to pretend like they're going somewhere with it, even though they probably won't.

2) Focus solely on developing Nero's story, whatever the hell that is, with very little concerning the other DMC stalwarts except as cameos to appease the older fanbase.

There is a third alternative: Nintendo get a hold of the franchise and turn it into a Wii game that's fun for all the family.

Could happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom