• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's wrong with some people?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's astonishing how many people believe, after almost 2 years since DmC's release, that it is a prequel to all the old saga. And I'm not talking about people who never played the old series, but people who did! Didn't they notice all the inconcistencies between DmC and DMC? Or didn't they get informed earlier? It blows my mind, really.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think many don't really give a damn about franchise, so they don't really know what it's about in the first place. One of my buds didn't knew, that it wasn't made by Capcom at all.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think many don't really give a damn about franchise, so they don't really know what it's about in the first place. One of my buds didn't knew, that it wasn't made by Capcom at all.

That's the point, many people who actually know what DMC is about, still believe DmC isn't a reboot. And of course, they pick even the tiniest detail to prove their claim, in a desperate attempt to prove they're right. Really annoying.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
New and old fans think the same thing with the Tomb Raider reboot too, people and fans are idiots PERIOD.

Seriously I talked to someone today who thought Duke Nukem Forever was a reboot because, get this, anything that is made after 11 year is a reboot, it's a rule!! *face palm*
There are even people thinking Metal Gear Solid 5 is a reboot even though it clearly says FIVE on the title!

God why are people so dumb?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's the point, many people who actually know what DMC is about, still believe DmC isn't a reboot. And of course, they pick even the tiniest detail to prove their claim, in a desperate attempt to prove they're right. Really annoying.
Huh o_O those people still exist. There is barely something in common between DmC and DMC aside from names and some basic stuff as demons.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
If you search "DMC5" on Twitter, you'd be amazed/confused/annoyed at how many DmC screenshots with comments like "playing DMC5 today! oh, yeah!" attached to them pop up in the results.

Also, if you Google DMC5, you'll get results for the DmC reboot. Thus, adding to the misinformation.
I read a comment on YouTube the other day while watching the DMC anime that said, "I thought Dante was a Nephilim?! Why is he suddenly a half-demon here?!"
-facepalm;

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, it's incredible. It's like they can't differentiate between DmC with a lower case 'm' and DMC in all capital letters. Aside from that, I think some people portray themselves as fans of Devil May Cry, when in fact DmC was the first Devil May Cry they played.
Some people I really don't understand, because they swear it's a prequel, when it is actually set in a completely different universe. Sometimes I wonder if they even know the meaning of the word 'prequel'. And calling DmC 'Devil May Cry 5' needs to stop, otherwise this confusion will persist. Is DmC set after the story of DMC4? Nope. So stop calling it DMC5! Seriously... gonna have a seizure from all that stupidity.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
It's astonishing how many people believe, after almost 2 years since DmC's release, that it is a prequel to all the old saga. And I'm not talking about people who never played the old series, but people who did! Didn't they notice all the inconcistencies between DmC and DMC? Or didn't they get informed earlier? It blows my mind, really.
I've never seen anyone who actually believes any of what you just said. Are these the same people who still hate dante just because his hair is black?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I've never seen anyone who actually believes any of what you just said. Are these the same people who still hate dante just because his hair is black?

Wow, good for you that you never seen one of them. They're annoying and stubborn as hell, you can easily find them on YouTube. Anyway no, it doesn't have anything to do with hating new Dante, it's just a conviction that they have. They believe with every fiber of their body that DmC is a prequel to the original saga.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
NT didn't care about the inconsistencies, it's a new parallel universe for them.

It's not that it's a parallel universe "for them", it's a parallel universe, period. The problem is not with NT, they knew that what they were developing was a reboot naturally, the problem is with those people who ignore the obvious and state "no, this is a prequel, not a reboot".

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Well that's how it works when you make a prequel to a reboot. Someone mentioned Tomb Raider. It's the same thing, "this character is an earlier version of the character you're used to, he will become that character later, but not exactly the same, since it will be a rebooted version. "

The Final Offer

WTF did I just read?

Yeah! Let's make a thread talking about how ridiculous it is when someone thinks DmC is DMC 5 because they can see how the story would continue through the plot. I mean, it's not like Devil May Cry sequels make any f***ing sense anyway?

Oh hai guys! I'm here to complain about why DmC is in DMC 5's place. It's so misleading, because, ya know, searching DmC and getting DMC doesn't mean anything.

Fifth installment of the Devil May Cry franchise. Fifth Devil May Cry game. Damn those ignorant new fans that DmC has generated!

Last edited:

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Wow, good for you that you never seen one of them. They're annoying and stubborn as hell, you can easily find them on YouTube. Anyway no, it doesn't have anything to do with hating new Dante, it's just a conviction that they have. They believe with every fiber of their body that DmC is a prequel to the original saga.
here's a screencap of a youtube comment's section, taken from a video where a fairly popular youtube teenager talks about katanas being better than longswords and shows off his martial arts

http://i.imgur.com/tAfUDXG.jpg

This is an addon called herp derp. It's for chrome, and I refuse to ever uninstall it. I first downloaded it in a direct response to the first DmC trailers, after I spent literally weeks worth of time arguing with people in the comments sections. I spent a particularly huge amount of time arguing with alchemist, from these very forums (From what I hear, it led to him making a pretty awful post here and getting banned, but I haven't seen it personally)

Yet despite being immersed in all that insane, crazy fanboyism on both sides, I've never seen anyone who actually believed any of the things you just said they do. Plenty of people who believed they were "literally everywhere, just look around!" but nobody could ever point one out when asked to.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
here's a screencap of a youtube comment's section, taken from a video where a fairly popular youtube teenager talks about katanas being better than longswords and shows off his martial arts

http://i.imgur.com/tAfUDXG.jpg

This is an addon called herp derp. It's for chrome, and I refuse to ever uninstall it. I first downloaded it in a direct response to the first DmC trailers, after I spent literally weeks worth of time arguing with people in the comments sections. I spent a particularly huge amount of time arguing with alchemist, from these very forums (From what I hear, it led to him making a pretty awful post here and getting banned, but I haven't seen it personally)

Yet despite being immersed in all that insane, crazy fanboyism on both sides, I've never seen anyone who actually believed any of the things you just said they do. Plenty of people who believed they were "literally everywhere, just look around!" but nobody could ever point one out when asked to.

I repeat, good for you. I've met plenty of those people under DmC walkthrough videos. The most recent cases were under the videos of an Italian youtuber I follow from time to time: even though he clearly explained in the first video that DmC is a reboot, guess what people said after the last episode? "Hey man, play DMC3, you'll understand more, cause this is a prequel!", "Wow, so this is how Dante and Vergil became enemies in DMC3!", "So, this game connects with DMC4!", and other crap like those.
Here's the video of that last episode, check the comments and translate them with a translator if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it for your sanity.http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLWtijZhBUdA3r8nS9nneXZ4242Caxk-9S&v=YCtb-2PwBLk
I met some of those people under Angry Joe's review too (very old comments though, I have no intention of scrolling the hell out of them just to let you see them, Angry Joe's videos get lots of comments, do it for yourself if you're curious). Also, LOL (or should I say SIGH?), you got an example in this very thread, look above (and that's not even the worst case).

Last edited:
Top Bottom