• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's wrong with some people?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh, and Twitch streams. How could I forget Twitch streams? LOL, it's even worse there. While on YouTube you can still have a discussion with those people, on Twitch your comment will be freaking overcome by the mass of other posts... frustrating!

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I repeat, good for you. I've met plenty of those people under DmC walkthrough videos. The most recent cases were under the videos of an Italian youtuber I follow from time to time: even though he clearly explained in the first video that DmC is a reboot, guess what people said after the last episode? "Hey man, play DMC3, you'll understand more, cause this is a prequel!", "Wow, so this is how Dante and Vergil became enemies in DMC3!", "So, this game connects with DMC4!", and other crap like those.
Here's the video of that last episode, check the comments and translate them with a translator if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it for your sanity.http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLWtijZhBUdA3r8nS9nneXZ4242Caxk-9S&v=YCtb-2PwBLk
I met some of those people under Angry Joe's review too (very old comments though, I have no intention of scrolling the hell out of them just to let you see them, Angry Joe's videos get lots of comments, do it for yourself if you're curious). Also, LOL (or should I say SIGH?), you got an example in this very thread, look above (and that's not even the worst case).
If you have to reach all the way down to the cesspool of youtube comments to find even a single person that acts the way you describe, I don't think you really have a case. You've got anecdotes from idiots, at best

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
you have to reach all the way down to the cesspool of youtube comments to find even a single person that acts the way you describe

Heh, I wish that was true, man... I wish it was.

Last edited:

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
Heh I know it hurts, man... but to me, the most annoying people are those who say "This is a prequel, dumbass! Dante's hair get white in the end! Can't you see the connection?!11!"
A classic.
i know, right?
we should give a name of those people.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The amount of civil and mature discussions going on in this forum is appalling.
It's astonishing how many people believe, after almost 2 years since DmC's release, that it is a prequel to all the old saga. And I'm not talking about people who never played the old series, but people who did! Didn't they notice all the inconcistencies between DmC and DMC? Or didn't they get informed earlier? It blows my mind, really.
According to NT, it is the prequel to the original prequel, but the rebooted version.
Hence yes, there are many inconsistencies, as it is a reboot and NT took what they wanted from the original series and left the rest in the abyss of plothole-hell.
I originally thought their aim was to reboot DMC3 in a Western manner, but according to their interviews about the game, they wanted to take it further back than DMC3. Which is why they included all the flashbacks and crap from when Dante and Vergil were kids. Success? Yes.
So in a sense, it is a prequel to the DMC3 prequel. But as it's set in la la Land and not classic DMC universe, it is discredited as an actual prequel to the prequel.
I'm assuming this is where new fans are getting their facts a bit twisted up. I don't think anyone was following the trailers and interviews about DmC as much as the existing DMC fanbase at the time, so new fans to the franchise are probably oblivious to what DmC actually is.

In short, give them some slack, man. If they're wrong, they're wrong. Shrug it off. You know better, so let it be.

Well that's how it works when you make a prequel to a reboot. Someone mentioned Tomb Raider. It's the same thing, "this character is an earlier version of the character you're used to, he will become that character later, but not exactly the same, since it will be a rebooted version. "
^Pretty much this.

Chances are the new fanbase haven't ever touched the rest of the games in the series. So stop judging them so harshly. They don't know. Look at them as the babies of a well-formed and matured fanbase. Doubtlessly, the existing fanbase know more than they do, it's a given, so why make threads like these ranting and insulting their lack of knowledge?

It's things like these that make me feel I don't want to associate with this bloomin fanbase anymore. Just now some hardcore DmC fan takes a pitchfork and tries to stab me to death because they're so used to the 'original' fanbase spitting fire at them. I'm not one to go bashing other fans needlessly and just to vent it out. I do like giving a good talk to the fans who like throwing their toys out their cot, and in this case, throwing their toys AT other fans.

Honestly? Devil May Cry is rated M. It's a mature game. For the more mature gamers. So bloody well act it.

Kam

Heh, I wish that was true, man... I wish it was.
but so far I've seen zero evidence that it isn't true. Citing a youtube comment as a reason to hold a fanbase accountable is like me quoting a special ed student and then asking all of you "why do so many of you believe this?"

Elektra214xx

Ssstylish devil hunter..
^ I agree..and there will always be fans like this in every fanbase not just DMC... I try to be patient and explain it properly to them. Most times they don't listen..Well, leave them in their ignorance..If that's the way they wanna enjoy the franchise, let them..no need to get upset about it..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
but so far I've seen zero evidence that it isn't true. Citing a youtube comment as a reason to hold a fanbase accountable is like me quoting a special ed student and then asking all of you "why do so many of you believe this?"

That's the point, I cited a few comments in this thread, but that (unfortunately) doesn't mean that that's it, they are just examples of the worst cases. There are many more, but of course I can't post all of them, I would stay here writing the whole day.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
^ I agree..and there will always be fans like this in every fanbase not just DMC... I try to be patient and explain it properly to them. Most times they don't listen..Well, leave them in their ignorance..If that's the way they wanna enjoy the franchise, let them..no need to get upset about it..

I would agree, if only they didn't attack me when sometimes,in YouTube videos or Twitch streams, I pointed out that DmC was a reboot and not a prequel. They got angry for some reason and picked the most absurd argument to prove their theory. That is what upsets me. Heck, sometimes I even had to delete my comment to erase the discussion which was filled of raging comments of those people. That doesn't seem fair to me...

Last edited:

Elektra214xx

Ssstylish devil hunter..
I would agree, if only they didn't attack me when sometimes,in YouTube videos or Twitch streams, I pointed out that DmC was a reboot and not a prequel. They got angry for some reason and picked the most absurd argument to prove their theory. That is what upsets me.
Yes...They can be quite vicious with their arguments and completely oblivious to the fact that you're only trying to enlighten them...seen that one too many times myself.. and yes, it's quite irritating. But seriously, don't let it get to you..People will always be like that..just try to tolerate them..

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nobody has denied that DmC is a reboot :D
Honestly I'll find links to backup my post once I get back on pc. DmC is both a reboot and prequel.

I see what you mean. I think you mean that DmC basically retells Dants's origin story, making it some sort of prequel. But that is just the meaning of reboot, man. As NT itself said. And reboot and prequel are mutually exclusive concepts.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyway, I'm thinking... since Capcom has no intention of returning to the DmC franchise as they're acting like it was never made (just like they do with DMC2 xD), the fact that if it's a reboot or whatever else doesn't matter anymore, does it?

Kam

That's the point, I cited a few comments in this thread, but that (unfortunately) doesn't mean that that's it, they are just examples of the worst cases. There are many more, but of course I can't post all of them, I would stay here writing the whole day.
Yeah, that's the usual response I saw on youtube too. "There are so many, I can't list them all because it would take years! There are so many I can't even list one!"

save your energy; you're fighting ghosts

Top Bottom