• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you change about Nero

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero is quite troublesome to write. Bingo said something about Nero wouldn't care about human if it wasn't for Kyrie's love before didn't he?

Okay so my idea for Nero would be turning him to be someone who is cynical and doesn't have any strong opinion on both demons and humans. He is a child grew up with no real genuine love. His mother left him at orphanage, he never knew who is his father. People at Fortuna would be superficially nice to him or just indifferent. If Vergil is a prideful, narcissistic man who would do cruel and selfish acts to satisfy his ego, then Nero would be someone who doesn't care about his self so much. No one cares for him, Nero feeling like a fleshy ghost in Fortuna. So he would be quite apathetic towards humanity I guess. If Nero got involved early with Order then he'd be a very efficient soldier, following every orders. Kill demons? Done. Kill the ones who disagreed and tried to rebel against Order? Done. Because being Order's tool gives him a purpose yada yada

I'd change Kyrie as an outsider from Fortuna, symbolizing the new change happening to Nero. She would come along with Dante as work partner to investigate or something I don't know. Or no Dante involved in dmc4 at all eh. Kyrie would be disturbed with Nero's apathy and attempt to persuade him and challenge Nero's worldview by helping Fortuna citizens, who are strangers to her. Kyrie needs a reason to personally care about Nero's mental state but I'm running out of idea. Nero at first doesn't understand why she helped strangers without ulterior motive. But seeing the people she helped came back to repay her kindness and assist her makes Nero slowly come to a realization that he's being negatively influenced. Having humanity means you're capable of change, you can grow, you can inspire others to be better, but you need to be in a positive environment in order to grow as well. Kyrie inspired Nero, starting his blooming affection for her here. Nero switches side and rebels against Order. Order is defeated. Happy ending the end.

My idea is still quite clunky, doesn't seem to relate with dmc theme... Is it too long? It's not like I'm going to write a fanfic for this soon.
The 3rd game started saying not all demons are bad, not all humans are good. So this feels like a continuation.

Benny

@V's patron I kind of forgot to touch on demonic part. My idea is trying to make Nero's arc focus on "what it means to have humanity?" Read it again, it seemed I unintentionally make his arc has a community feel to it haha. Does it mesh well with dmc in general? Since games usually brushed off collective and focused more on individual values.

On other hand, it might make sense if the Order knew Nero is related to Sparda, they would worship and groom the sht out of him when he was young. Nero could develop god complex, reminds me of Albert Wesker's retconned backstory in resident evil. But I'm not sure how his arc will turn out if Nero had god complex

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@V's patron I kind of forgot to touch on demonic part. My idea is trying to make Nero's arc focus on "what it means to have humanity?" Read it again, it seemed I unintentionally make his arc has a community feel to it haha. Does it mesh well with dmc in general? Since games usually brushed off collective and focused more on individual values.

On other hand, it might make sense if the Order knew Nero is related to Sparda, they would worship and groom the sht out of him when he was young. Nero could develop god complex, reminds me of Albert Wesker's retconned backstory in resident evil. But I'm not sure how his arc will turn out if Nero had god complex
You could change the source of his abilities. Make him a summoner like V or give him another source of power. The latter could tie into Nero's neutrality. His summons could show him not all demons are evil. Or his abilities are confusing to both demons and humans

The community angle is fine to me. It helps seperate Nero from Dante.

Nero raised by the Order could be a misguided antagonist who Dante would try to reason with.

Last edited:

Benny

@V's patron I'd use "dead inside" to describe my own version of Nero. He would feel like he belongs to no group, whether human or demon. Nero appears as mild-mannered and easy-going person outside, in reality he's close with no one at Fortuna, despite it being an isolated island, where people have nothing but each other and their religious belief. Demons aren't any better with their violent nature. They live longer than humans for hundred, thousand years yet after all that time majority of them still don't bother to think of a possibility maybe both species don't have to be against each other. Also they wouldn't really welcome Nero if he decided to join the demon world since he's Sparda's grandson so I think he'd see no point in joining demons. Both Nero and the whole Fortuna, without aware, desperately need to find something new.

For his power, how about him carrying poisonous blood, justified by Nero undergoing experiments from Order? I got inspired by a character from Soul Eater for Nero's ability. He'd would use weapon that can extract his blood to attack demons. Imagine a normal looking dude approaches you. Then suddenly he uses a knife to split his wrist and shoots blood at your eyes. Next second is you screaming in agony as your eyes are melting, as if the guy's blood is acid.

Too edgy?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@V's patron I'd use "dead inside" to describe my own version of Nero. He would feel like he belongs to no group, whether human or demon. Nero appears as mild-mannered and easy-going person outside, in reality he's close with no one at Fortuna, despite it being an isolated island, where people have nothing but each other and their religious belief. Demons aren't any better with their violent nature. They live longer than humans for hundred, thousand years yet after all that time majority of them still don't bother to think of a possibility maybe both species don't have to be against each other. Also they wouldn't really welcome Nero if he decided to join the demon world since he's Sparda's grandson so I think he'd see no point in joining demons. Both Nero and the whole Fortuna, without aware, desperately need to find something new.

For his power, how about him carrying poisonous blood, justified by Nero undergoing experiments from Order? I got inspired by a character from Soul Eater for Nero's ability. He'd would use weapon that can extract his blood to attack demons. Imagine a normal looking dude approaches you. Then suddenly he uses a knife to split his wrist and shoots blood at your eyes. Next second is you screaming in agony as your eyes are melting, as if the guy's blood is acid.

Too edgy?
DMC is an M rated series so go for it. Im just not sure how it would work as a weapon. Can he do more with it or is it just a backup weapon?

Benny

DMC is an M rated series so go for it. Im just not sure how it would work as a weapon. Can he do more with it or is it just a backup weapon?
Hmm how about he can solidify and mold his blood to temporary weapon he wanted? Nero could also use his blood as a way to control living creatures if he managed to inject his blood into them, like blood bending in Avatar

But he seems too OP for his debut game, maybe he could develop those abilities later in next games idk

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hmm how about he can solidify and mold his blood to temporary weapon he wanted? Nero could also use his blood as a way to control living creatures if he managed to inject his blood into them, like blood bending in Avatar

But he seems too OP for his debut game, maybe he could develop those abilities later in next games idk
I guess it depends on when he gets these abilities and how he decides to use them. You coud break them up into different styles-ie puppeteer for controling others

Top Bottom